Holiday insurance after 27 weeks advise?

mons75

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Has any of you found a holiday insurance that covers for after 27 weeks? I'm going in the 27/28th week, 3 hr flight to Mallorca.

Do you know specifically from experience what it needs to cober for?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,:flower:

If it's a new policy you are taking out make sure they know you are pregnant and that you expect that both you AND baby would be covered in the event of you going into premature labour etc.

If it's an existing annual policy then speak to their claims department for clarification that you would both be covered if you needed treatment.

You will probably need a GP letter to say that you're pregnancy is normal with no reasons why you might need treatment abroad.

I travelled to Cyprus around the same time as you, if I remember rightly I returned the day before I was 28 weeks, which was the last date that the airline - Thomsons - would let me fly without a GP letter but I needed the GP letter to keep my insurance company happy.

hi

thanks for reply, it would be a new policy just to cover the pregnancy issues in travel, its easyjet but the airline in not my concern it is if something should happen abroad, of course during flight as well.

i'll try google but if anyone used a specific cover i'd be happy to know.

urrrgh... i think my morning sickness has returner. yuk....

Try Ravenhall Insurance company, i used them for 2 trips in the last couple of weeks, a bit more expensive than a bog standard cover but they will cover you for up to 36 weeks or something like that...

https://www.ravenhallgroup.co.uk/traveller-pregnant-traveller.php

I was going to recommend Ravenhall too. I used them last year when I was approximately 30 weeks. You will need a 'fitness to fly' letter from your doctor for the insurance to be valid.
xx

I used AA Travel insurance, i called and confirmed that i could use it while pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->