Holidays abroad with LO's?

hawalkden

Reaction score
I'm looking into a holiday abroad for 2013. just before my Maternity runs out with the second bumpo in June/Julyish. So second child will be between 6-8months depending when they want to make an appearance. If they are anything like their big brother Isaac who was 5 weeks early. Isaac will be by then aged 18-20months.
I have to work around OH and getting his permission at the moment. He's never been abroad and he's not got a passport. So I need to get him, Isaac and bumpo a passport before anything but I don't want to sound selfish when I say this but I'm use to well was use to when growning up as a child in nursery and all of primary going abroad with my parents to spain etc. so I want to give my children the opportunity too. I want to plan now and hopefully book asap so we can pay it off month by month so we don't see the money go so fast etc.
I know there are loads of amazing places in the UK and if the sunshine is like it is at the moment in a years time it'll be amazing again and half the price but anyone been abroad when their children where so young? If so when? Where? Were they okay with the heat? How was the stress levels? Etc?
Thanks.
Any tips and hints too to help me with the planning of it all will be much help too.
Others can recommend amazing places and deals in the UK too :)/

I completely understand what ur saying about foreign holidays and u don't sound selfish at all. It was one of the things that, although I was willing to compromise on the type of holiday, I wasn't willing to not go abroad. I just thought we could work around LO. We went on holiday to Majorca late April and it was a disaster. He was poorly with diarrhoea which He actually had before we went. He cried the whole time cos obviously he felt unwell and his bum was really sore so we ended up coming home early cos it was horrible being stuck in a spanish apartment with a poorly baby. That was just really unfortunate timing but It made me realise I need some home comforts. I have learnt a few things I would recommend

1) get flights in the day not at night, my LO was knackered.
2) get an apartment with their own bedroom cos otherwise your having to tip toe around.

Hope that helps!

We decided against it this year with roman still being small. He can't even sit up by himself yet and not weaned etc. I'd much rather wait and go next year when he can hopefully walk and play more independently.

I personally wouldn't, not when they're so little... it's so much planning and everything to travel anywhere with tinies and they won't remember anything of it :flower: When they're older it's not so awkward travelling with them and they will get far more out of it.

I took my son to spain when he was 9 weeks old and again when he was 18 months old. This was 12 years ago now, but I didnt find it at all stressful.

I'm not sure on the regulations about taking formula abroad now though? (sorry haven't travelled for years)

And if you are FF and need to steralize bottles, I used the steralizing bags that you can get from mothercare.

we have took our son to alcudia in majorca twice now-once at 20months and then last yr.
alcuudia is fab for kids. highly recommend it. we stayed at the delfin azul last yr and loved it.
if you fly and book with thompson you are entiteled to a baggage allowance of 15k for babies which most airlines dont offer.

book a late check out from yr room, we didnt the first yr and learnt from that as they kick u out at 12 otherwise.

but alcudia is great-big beaches, friendly people, loads of little play parks etc. were planning on going next yr with the twins too. ill go back there as i trust what i will get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->