Holidays Cunbria and Scotland (toddler friendly)

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
Hi ladies

wonder if any of you have any ideas on a short break in scotland or North England. Really need a few days away but want something with things to do with a 2 yr old. Thinking of in the next couple of weeks but I know some places dont open until March...

Thank you :thumbup:

I used to work at Whinfell Centre Parcs in Penrith, lots for kiddies and a cool pool and they are advertising cheap breaks atm
:)

I used to work at Whinfell Centre Parcs in Penrith, lots for kiddies and a cool pool and they are advertising cheap breaks atm
:)

Thank you. That's one place I've been looking at, but wasn't sure if there was much for a two yr old, but you think she would like it? x

It is a FANTASTIC place for a 2 year old. We have been the last 2 years when Em was 1 and then 2. The pool is great and they have special toddler/ young kid sessions early on. Lots of other pool based activities you can book. There are also lots of other bookable activities suitable for 2 year olds-E did horse riding, messy play and a sport based one. You can take them on horse and carriage rides too. Lots of walks and very buggy friendly. At night they have a disco (painful for adults but much loved by young kids!). We also tried bowling which was fine for toddlers too. Restaurants very child friendly and several with soft plays. Also there is a huge soft play type activity in the large sports' hall which is pretty cheap too.

It is worth keeping in mind that you can make it as cheap or dear as you want. Yip you can book lots of activities but swimming is free, as is the big play park and the acres of walks. You can eat out or in your lodge (I would buy before you go as the shop is a bit expensive and adds up if you buy everything there) but when we were there last year there were lots of dining/ carry out deals that hadn't been on the year before.

Absolutely love CP!

We're off to Center Parcs Whinfell on Monday with our 9 month old. Can't wait!!

Thanks ladies. Think I'll be booking in the next few days! Hubby comes home today from offshore, he doesn't know yet ;) so gona have to be very nice to him x

Hope you managed to talk hubby round ;) We absolutely love Centre Parcs, both with and without kids. And Whinfell Forest is just lovely :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->