Holy crap...pickle cravings!!!

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
Oh my gosh. I'm only a month. Is this psychosomatic?
I'm hungry a LOT more than usual. A couple hours after a meal, I'm hungry again. And the craving for pickles right now is making me SERIOUSLY tempted to put my bra and shoes back on and go to the supermarket....except the pickles aren't cold already, and I need them cold.
I know I sound utterly ridiculous.
I'm also a bigger girl to begin with. I've lost 30lbs but am still a size 16/18, and am really afraid of putting on a ton of weight during pregnancy, especially to where I get so heavy I just look huge instead of fat AND pregnant.

Anyway....am I alone? Is anyone else getting cravings yet? Getting hungry when it doesn't seem necessary?

Now that my nausea is starting to settle i have to admit that i defiantly ate a few pickles for breakfast. Now the end of the day, i've gone through half the jar. Lol. Defiantly a classic pregnancy food.

Getting hungry often is quite common. I am starving every few hours and its a struggle to find healthy snacks every 2 hours.
Cravings, Ive had some weird cravings. And they come on so strong. I have to have them or I feel like throwing a tantrum!

I admit I bought a jar of pickles but I could not even finish one of the pickles. They were not tasty at all! Not the taste I remember from my childhood, too sweet etc..

Yersinia...is it possible you bought gherkins? I did that once by accident. Those are supposed to be sweet.....yuck. I need the salty, zingy, vinegary, crunchy type! ;)

when did your cravings and/or increased appetite start?

For week 4 & 5 I felt like I ate nothing but pickles, but now can't stand the sight of them!

Mmmm, I love pickles. But not craving them, or much really.

Yersinia...is it possible you bought gherkins? I did that once by accident. Those are supposed to be sweet.....yuck. I need the salty, zingy, vinegary, crunchy type! ;)

when did your cravings and/or increased appetite start?

Yes, these were probably gherkins....In my home country we just made our own and they were delicious.

I still do not have much appetite :( but cravings started a few weeks ago, I just cannot really eat all the things I would like to!

I have been craving pickles too!! We were on vacation in California last week and I made hubby go to the store to buy a jar. Like you, I like them cold, so had to put them in the fridge. I almost couldn't wait to eat one!! I KNOW my midsection has already gotten wider and it's not the baby!! I am so afraid of gaining too much weight also. I recently lost a little over 50 pounds and now afraid I am going to gain it back.

Opened a new jar and polished them off in one sitting!!!!! Yummo!!!!!

Oh my gosh. I'm only a month. Is this psychosomatic?
I'm hungry a LOT more than usual. A couple hours after a meal, I'm hungry again. And the craving for pickles right now is making me SERIOUSLY tempted to put my bra and shoes back on and go to the supermarket....except the pickles aren't cold already, and I need them cold.
I know I sound utterly ridiculous.
I'm also a bigger girl to begin with. I've lost 30lbs but am still a size 16/18, and am really afraid of putting on a ton of weight during pregnancy, especially to where I get so heavy I just look huge instead of fat AND pregnant.

Anyway....am I alone? Is anyone else getting cravings yet? Getting hungry when it doesn't seem necessary?

I don't live to far from you. Try Claussens (I like the hearty garlic ones) They will be near the deli section and they are already cold. :) I just ate one about 5 minutes ago.

That's normal, I am 6 weeks now and just started feeling the cravings. Today seems like it's been a turning point as in I was hit with MS and cravings, whereas I had just food aversions. Stuffed cabbage, stuffed peppers, raspberry filling, and now I am making myself hungry all over again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->