Holy Doppler!!

ToughhGal

Expecting A Miracle
Reaction score
I decided to do a short session on my fetal doppler. The kicks/punches were so loud I actually flinched!! I am surprised I don't feel them at this point. But when I do, I am in a world of hurt lol. :eek:

I had the same thing happen a few days ago. I figure baby was practicing some karate moves, which is for the best, since s/he is going to have to keep up with two big siblings! :haha:

It hurts my ears but definitely gets some giggles out of me. I noticed your first ultrasound is in a few days! So exciting!

Thanks, I'm so excited! I've started feeling the baby move, (perks of the third time around :haha:) so I'm not too nervous for the scan, but it's always nice to see the little wiggler. :flower:

Im jealous! Lol. I can't wait to feel boogie, no matter how hard s/he loves to kick :haha:

are you hoping for any specific gender?

I'll be happy with another boy or girl (though I really do want another girl at some point, because I had all brothers and want my daughter to have the sister experience that I never had). We're staying team yellow, though, so we'll have to wait until birth to find out!

As for movement, I felt my first when I was 16 weeks, so you might be feeling those crazy kicks pretty soon! :winkwink: Do you know if your placenta is posterior or anterior? Because that will really affect how soon you feel movement. I had an anterior placenta with my second and didn't feel him until almost 18 weeks, which was a let-down, since he was second, and I thought I'd feel him sooner!

I really want a girl! me, my bestfriend, OH, and his mother seem to have an instinct feeling that's what the outcome will be. OH started off saying boy (men, of course lol) and then had a dream of a little girl.

And have no clue, yet! I have a gut feeling it's anterior, though.

Well my DH thought our daughter was a boy, too. Shows what they know. :haha::winkwink: Well, I hope you get the little girl you're hoping for. :flower:

Have you ever tried the needle and thread test? It's supposed to show yoy how many and what gender.

I did it with my friends when we were in college, and now I don't remember what the results were! I actually just texted my friend and asked her if she still has the paper where we wrote down our results. I do remember that the needle kept going back and forth between boy and girl for one of the kids, ever time we did it, so we concluded that I would have twins. I wonder if I'll be gettting those twins this time. :haha:

:dohh:Mine always said girl first then a little boy :thumbup: it read anywhere from 3-5 children. We didn't know if some indicated twins because of the length of the swings. My poor brother shows 6 girls and 1 boy :happydance:

Twins sounds so exciting. I kind of wanted a boy and girl set of twins. Please keep me updated how that turns out!!

Will do! I have a pretty impressive bump, even with it being my third, so the thought has definitely been on mine and DH's mind! I think it would be cool to have twins but also absolutely terrifying!

That is a very strong sign then! The most terrifying part for me would be the two of everything lol. I'm sure I would mess up on something.

For me it would be twice the lack of sleep. :shock: I already struggle when I don't get enough sleep, so the first couple of months with a newborn are really hard for me. I can't imagine getting even less sleep!

My husband is an ultrasound tech and says the reason they do that (kick) is because they hate the dopplers. He says it is too many sound waves going toward the unborn baby. He won't allow me to buy one but I understand why. He said it's like having an ultrasound that is 2 hours long when just listening with the doppler for 5 min. Just a heads up.

I use the doppler mainly because I had a bleed earlier during this pregnancy. Even had jelly clots in it.

I've always heard that dopplers were safe for baby. And honestly, aside from the one time I mentioned earlier, my baby is usually pretty chill when I use it.

This morning I used the doppler around OH for the first time (crazy schedules and traveling) and baby didn't kick up a storm. I told him s/he was being good for daddy :p

My DD used to always go still whenever my DH tried to feel her kicking, which used to annoy him, because he wanted to feel the kicks, but I told him that he must just calm her down with his presence. (It's not that way anymore, though! He gets her so hyper and wild when he plays with her. :dohh:)

My doppler was making one heck of a noise this morning too, never heard such a thing until today, it actually hurt my ears. I was glad to hear a baby's heartbeat and turn the thing off! I never occurred to be it could be one of my babies kicking, its a nice thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->