Holy Heartburn Batman!

katerdid

Momma
Reaction score
Golly gee, I knew that pregnant women got heartburn, but this feels like my esophagus is on fire! A million times worse than normal heartburn :wacko:

Anyone in the same boat? What are your remedies?

Totally in the same boat - had it in my last pregnancy too, but seems a lot worse this time around. Nearly made me sick today :(

My only remedy other than Gaviscon (do you have that in the US?) is soda water - plain, little and often. It really does relieve it but doesn't last for long unfortunately.

soda works. milk as well if you need releif straight away.

mucogel is the bomb!

I'm suffering, too. Unfortunately it's mainly plain water that sets it off. I know I'm taking far too many Rennies and Gaviscon tablets, so will be making a doc's appt soon. In my last pregnancy they prescribed Gaviscon Advance liquid, which I was getting through about 5x faster than I was meant to, so eventually I was put on omeprazole, which helped hugely. I know it's available over the counter, but I'd get it free through the doc, and I want to be sure they think it's ok.

Milk helped in the early days, but that was all. Never tried soda water, though, worth a try. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->