• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

home birth box? NHS

zilla

Reaction score
Hi,

so I mentioned today to my MW that I was considering home birth.
she said that the team visit and drop off a box with home birth stuff in.
What kind of stuff is in the box? Just curious x

Mine was a big bright yellow bin!

Towels
Pads
Delivery Kit (this was sealed, don't know what was in there!)
Gloves
Cord clamp
Placenta bucket
Some waterproof sheets
Paperwork for birth

Just basically anything non-harmful medical stuff. They told me they'd bring gas and air on the day, and probably any needles etc they would need.

Mine was delivered when I was 36weeks, and collected when I went into hospital to be induced. My dad organised collection for me, was upset I wasn't getting my HB and told him to make sure they bright yellow bin was out of my house!

Yep, basically what the previous poster said. Mine also had masks and things for the gas and air, syringes and things, just basic medical supplies. They actually left quite a bit behind for some reason, must have been in a hurry to get home. I still have some bed mats, a few unused syringes and some injectable lidocaine (topical pain killer that they use if you need stitches). I was finding bits from the kit scattered around my house for weeks after! We also took home two tanks of gas and air as well, though supposedly the midwives bring the connector valve on the day so that you can't just get high before you go into labour. Mine was a large lock-top plastic box. I never had a home visit myself. Just picked it up from the midwife unit when I was 37 weeks (and then had a baby only 5 days later!).

Daft question but what do they put on the birth certificate for place of birth? ?

Daft question but what do they put on the birth certificate for place of birth? ?

The Place of birth lol
My daughter's has the village that she was born - I so love that!

In my area they don't drop off anything in advance, they just bring it all with them on the day.

Alex's birth certificate has our full home address as his place of birth. x

Mine came by taxi while I was in labour. The midwives arrived shortly after. I had to transfer into hospital so I didn't get to see what was in it. It took a week to be collected. I was very upset to see it still there after 3 days in hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->