Home birth question

Momof4at21

Reaction score
Does blue cross blue shield cover home birth in tennessee? I actually prefer a home birth over hospital a lot less pain for me i can move when i want no medicine to force baby to come faster and my other children are in the house with me :)

Im in Oregon and I know most (if not all) insurance does not cover a home birth :( I know that here in OR if you apply for state emergency healthcare in the last couple months they will cover it up to $1900. You just need to find a midwife that can accept insurance. You can call BC/BS and ask but I really doubt it.
Good luck
xx

I actually have a mid-wife and she is covered by my insurance but she doesnt want me to have a homebirth. Would bluecross blueshield cover a birthing center? I dont want a hospital birth if i can help it i dont want to be made to lay down the whole time i am in labor dont want pain medication dont want to be induced either i just want nature to take its course

If you dont mind me asking what is your midwifes reasoning for not wanting you to have a homebirth? That seems like it should be your decision. :winkwink: I think most insurance plans will cover a birthing center but the best a way to find out for sure is to talk to your insurance agent/company and ask A LOT of questions about co-pays and deductables. Deductables have really screwed me in the past. Some insurance plans dont even cover maternity anymore. Its one of the things that Obama healthcare bill is trying to address. Good luck with everything!!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->