Home birth stuff

marley2580

Reaction score
Just got all my equipment delivered. There's a big box, a wee box, two bags, two bottles of gas and air and a bottle of oxygen! I'm getting the pethadine from the chemist tomorrow and all the other drugs and a TENS machine on thursday! Who knew there was so much stuff needed just to give birth. Doesn't half make you realise that it's not long to go now. :happydance::happydance:

wow, that sounds really good :)

wish you all the best with your home birth :hi:

aw fab! i admire anyone who can have a home birth, it must be such an incredible expericance, id love to be able to do it.

Hope it all goes well and to plan for you

x

How exiting, ide love a home birth i really would! Hope it all goes well!
xx

How exciting! Best of luck Marley, it'll be beyond special!

how exciting ... id love a home birth this time.. where did you get all the stuff from?

I just expressed my wish for a home birth and the community midwives have been very supportive. If people are interested in having a home birth check out www.homebirth.org.uk it's got loads of info.

yeah, I think it's great to have the possibility for a home birth!

I would like to have one as well, but I feel like our flat is just too small for it!

as well the twin brother of OH is living with us and it would be akward to have him round the living room or kitchen whilst I am sitting in the birth pool in the middle of the living room screaming my head off

:rofl:

once again, all the best :hi:

we probably wont go for a home birth this time now ive looked into it on that website i think our house is just a bit too small for all the things needed!!!

thanks for the info anyway!

Not sure what stuff you mean. I'm not having a water birth so I don't have a pool, in fact the only stuff that I have for the birth is the stuff I had delivered yesterday. I plan on giving birth in the bedroom so the only space I need is the bed and some space round the bed. My OH and my mum are going to be my birth partners and I'll have two midwives there for the birth - that's less than when I have a few friends round - so you really don't need tons of space. I live in a 3 bedroomed ex-council semi (though the spare bedroom is full of crap and you can't get in it atm!) so I don't have a huge house.

with me it's really more the fact that the twin brother of OH is living with us and space wise I def would need to use the living room!

and if the twin brother wants to go to the kitchen, he has to go through the living room.

so it's not really ideal!

maybe I'll have the possiblity next time as of the wish of OH we are not finished with baby making yet :baby:

the room I gave birth in with Seren was small so am sure I'll manage in my living room lol. Wiw uts so exciting, I have requested a home birth and so far its all looking good!! Though it only hit me the other week I need to get organised, have arranged for MIL to come round so she can help with Seren if necessary. Have you got any other stuff in, I think OH has a vision of us covering everyhting in plastic. I can't wait, it'll be bliss to have a bath in my bathroom after and to just get something to eat without having to ask for it. ooh can't wait till I get nearer the time, though I would be tempted to play about with the gas and air lol.

We haven't really got anything. We bought some maternity mats (like the huggies changing ones) and we have a cheap sheet and some old towels, the midwife told us to maybe get a shower curtain to put on either the bed or the floor, depending on where I end up. But according to my mum (who had all 4 of us at home) when you give birth at home they are a lot more careful about mess. An hour or so after the birth you wouldn't even know that there had been a birth. I think they're not that bothered about mess in hospital coz they know they have cleaners, which is why everyone thinks it's really messy.

Fantastic, it sounds great! Good for you x

wish u the best with that----im scared to death of the thought of one ---hubbie teased me about giving birth at home---and i flipped out --- i was like no way what if something goes wrong---- with the first u never know---but hey if u know what ur doing--- go for it----its got to be a lot better than the hospital anyway

I would absolubtly LOVE to have a home birth, especially a home water birth. But this is my first pregnancy and I have had a few complications so not too sure if midwife would let me. Would it be too late to arrange it now do you think?? xx

Why not ask. The first is actually the safest to have at home as if something is going to go wrong, it tends to do so slowly. It can depend on how supportive of home births your community midwives are, some areas (like mine) are great, where as others can be quite negative. Having said that, you do have a right to a home birth - it's not up to the midwife or the doctors, just you. Check out the website www.homebirth.org.uk there's loads of women on there who have had homebirths despite having some complications during the pregnancy.

Why not ask. The first is actually the safest to have at home as if something is going to go wrong, it tends to do so slowly. It can depend on how supportive of home births your community midwives are, some areas (like mine) are great, where as others can be quite negative. Having said that, you do have a right to a home birth - it's not up to the midwife or the doctors, just you. Check out the website www.homebirth.org.uk there's loads of women on there who have had homebirths despite having some complications during the pregnancy.

Thanks Marley, will deffo talk to my midwide next week about it! Cheers for the link xx

Hi Marley, hope you're doin ok. Asked my MW about having a home birth, she said its my decision but she really wouldnt advise it. She did say to have a word with my consultant though and see if she'd allow me to have a 'home from home' birth which sounds ace! They let u use this room with twinkly lights, music and lotsa ginat bean bags and things all over the floor which i thought sounded really nice. So will have to be nice to consultant as they usually only allow MW led care women use it. x

I wish that the US were mover supportive of midwives and home births. I don't think I would have this one at home since it's my first one and I've had Open Heart surgery, I'm a little nervous about that. But my second one I will definitely do a lot of research about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->