Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

They may TRY to say you cant have a HB with a high BMI (35 seems to be a magic number) but if you read back through Eternal Roses posts you'll see how she overcame this and forged ahead with her plans regardless - they have a duty of care to you and to facilitate your choices. :)

My MW doesn't seem worried either, just tells me to drink more water! I cannnnn't!! :hissy: Lol! I was expecting my BP to be a little high yesterday too, but it was a little lower than it has been so, that's something! :thumbup:

Welcome Louise and congrats! :D

xx

This thread doesn't half move fast! Go away for a few days and it takes an hour to catch up on! :haha:

Deej, huge congratulations, your baby girl is just beautiful and you did so well :hugs:

Not a lot baby wise happening here, I feel huge the past few days and we are down to double figures tomorrow with just 99 days left till Missys due date....I don't know where the time has gone!

We started her nursery today which is exciting and another thing which will be ticked off the list.

I can't remember if I updated after our MW appointment on Friday but all was perfect :cloud9:

Had a bit of a crappy week so will back properly tomorrow to catch up properly with everyone :hugs:

xxx

It feels awesome to break that 100 day mark doesn't it! :) I've been on cloud 9 today because I'm officially in third tri.

HOT NEWS!!!!!!!

Rachiebaby is having regular strong contractions and her OH is filling the birth pool NOW!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:yipee:

Fab news!! I was about to head to bed but may stay up a bit and see how she goes!!!

Thanks for keeping us updated hun :kiss:

xxx

She's just getting in the pool and breathing through the contractions.... :)

She's got the lights down low and her music on and the MW is on her way. She really hoped that she'd start when Maley was in bed and then the baby would come by the time she got up in the morning.....looks like her perfect birth is unfolding! :cloud9:

Im not going to catch up with the posts iv missed, it will take me too long. I told the midwife i was considering a homebirth at my booking apointment, she seemed plesantly surprised, mostly i think because its not that common in my area and she dident say a thing about my bmi. She just said she would discuss it more at my 16 week apointment when iv had chance to discus it through propperly with OH.

Wow congrats deej and rachie :yipee:

Deej she is totally beautiful!!

Well Rachie is ANOTHER example of how wrong growth scans can be so anyone being told their baby is too big or small be aware. I was told I was having a 9/10lb baby at one point and he was 8lb 4.5oz which is smaller than Hebe (8lb 11) who they never queried in terms of size! Rachel's Maley was 5lb 13oz and they've been scanning her due for growth with this baby as her belly was small.....she was 8lb 2oz!!!

The scan AND the fundal height are often wrong......dont let it stop your HB plans :)

Congratulations, Rachie!

I now have a cupboard full of birth kit in sealed labelled bags - oxygen, repair kit(!), masks, entonox, etc. Apparantly the driver who dropped it off was lovely (I was in the shower) very excited for us and wished us good luck.

It must be more intriguing than dropping off stuff at clinics. Especially as she gets to come back and pick it all up again afterwards and therefore gets to visit new babies as a regular part of her job!

Welcome Louise!

Massive congratulations to Rachie!! Cannot wait to hear the story!

Urbanpumpkin - very exciting to have your kit dropped off. It is funny how it differs in area as they said they will bring gas and air with them on the day here.

Not a lot happening here - DH is off for a mountain biking couple of days with the boys before the baby comes! Keeping legs well and truely closed tonight! I am looking forward to having the house to myself and have brought lots of lovely food and have a night of trashy tv to look forward to!!

Well done Rachie!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures! Sounds like you had a awesome birth!

Welcome Lou! I don't want to put more spanners in the way - but they might also use the fact you are have number 5 to put you off a HB. Some areas have protocal about 3rd and subsequent babies. Though, I can't imagine why - you should be a pro! :)

Oh.. I'm so excited. Lots of you ladies, are getting kit delivered, and nearly at the end - it's going to be an exciting a busy time for the thread! xx

Also looking at the OP - We have had 14 babies, and 9 of those have been homebirths!!! That's 64%!!! Well done everyone!
xxx

huge congrats rach! cant wait to hear all about it xxx

Oh huge congrats Rachie!! Sounds like an absolutely amazing birth :)

Well I get my hb kit next wednesday! Yay I am so excited. Also very jealous of everyone who knows who will be attending their birth, I asked my midwife and she just shrugged and said "could be anyone"! Hahha. Ah well lucky it doesn't really bother me. Also she really tried to pressure me into having a water bath - I tried to explain to her that I reaaaaaaaally don't like water and it makes me itch, she didn't get it lol. I don't need another thing to irritate me while giving birth :)

Well finished the lounge now, all furniture and painting etc just need one more chair for the PC, nice and clean and I'm enjoying it. Need to move a whole heap of furniture around and clean the other rooms this afternoon though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->