Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hey girls congrats rachie i cant wait to read yet another home birth story :D

i think i may be back in the running with a HB :happydance: i just called the hospital for the result of my bile acid (which is what they confirm obstetric cholestasis with) and the level was 9 the cut off is 14 and when i was first tested with alfie at 32 weeks they were a massive 190+ and i was tested at 33 weeks this time :)

we got to see molly yesterday (first time for hubby) and she is roughly measuring 5 and half lb already i know its only a guesstamite :winkwink:.

I had not seen my MW as she was on holiday and she was yet to make an appointment but my sister told her what was going on and my sis said the MW was gutted and had said 'oh no we were planning a home birth and everything' i am so pleased she is so into it :)

Anyway i will stop babbling on now and fingers crossed my bloods stay low and OC stays away.

Laura

Many congrats Rachie -so pleased for you, and cannot wait for the birth story and pics xx And how is the spd??? My physio has told me to expect to be bed bound for 24-48 hrs post delivery [oo-er!!! Hope not -although another good reason to deliver at home; with 4 ready made servants(DH, DD and 2DS's lol) to help out lol].

Urbanpumpkin - how exciting for you getting your kit delivered -it's so close now and LolaAnn getting yours soon too -must make it so 'real' once the hb kit has been delivered. Mine still seems ages away.

Congrats Louise on your BFP and welcome, I am still awaiting assessment from the hb team, but the comunity mw I spoke to didn't have any concerns about this being baby number 4 ( infact thought it was a positive, as I have had three straight forward births previously - however it has been 8 years since my last one was born lol -so probably totally different circumstances) -hope it all works out okay for your homebirth. Oh yeah - and a BMI of 35 is what I was told was the 'cut off ' point too.

Carries - how are you on a birthing ball? - I have found with my spd this can give me great relief as the majority of my pain is right centre and sitting down any where else puts huge pressure on my sympis pubis and really hurts. Anyway - this would help baby get into a nice head down position too, since you cannot get onto all fours.

I got my GTT results today - no problems there at all- so another hurdle over lol- cannot wait to get to speak to the hb team and get my plans 'properly' into action lol.

Hope all mums, bumps and babies are well xx

Biggest congrats to Rachie on the new arrival! I got TINGLES reading those updates, I am just so so so so so envious..... sounds like my dream birth. Argh, I'm going to blub in a minute!

Congrats Dee, she is a beauty. I'm sorry you had all the drama afterwards.

:dance: congratulations on the new babies ladies :hugs: :hugs:

I saw the mw yesterday, she put homebirth on my notes YAY! They didn't do that last time, they kept sayin "we'll see" so thats good. She's very pro homebirth and as she delivered DD she is fine with it (obviously dependant on presentation and no Low placenta again like with DD)
I had an early scan today and saw babys heartbeat too :dance:

Congrats Rachiebaby!!! I can't wait to read all about it and see pics of your little one. :)

Huge congratulations, Deej, she's absolutely beautiful! :) So sorry that you had all the third stage trauma, but well done you for birthing your daughter naturally and at home.:flower:

Rachiebaby, fantastic news. Congratulations on your daughter and a successful natural homebirth. The stats on this thread aare bloody brilliant. I'm convinced that the amazing support, knowledge and experience shared here has a lot to do with it.

Well Rachie is ANOTHER example of how wrong growth scans can be so anyone being told their baby is too big or small be aware. I was told I was having a 9/10lb baby at one point and he was 8lb 4.5oz which is smaller than Hebe (8lb 11) who they never queried in terms of size! Rachel's Maley was 5lb 13oz and they've been scanning her due for growth with this baby as her belly was small.....she was 8lb 2oz!!!

The scan AND the fundal height are often wrong......dont let it stop your HB plans :)

Completely agree. I didn't have any scans as no one picked up that Isaac was a tiddler, as my FH was spot on every time I was measured. And he ended up only being 5lb2!

Hi Girls :)

BabyHaines has 2 books to return and she cant remember who she borrowed them from. A home birth one and a hypnobirthing one - anyone?

I think they might be Carries....

Hey girls!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the most AMAZING birth!!!!! I am so proud of myself and cannot stop thinking about it!

I am now on a Home Birth promoting mission because it really was the best thing for me!!!! My midwives were fan-bloody-tastic and I am over the moon with how it went and how i was handled. (Im in the process of writing my very detailed birth story now)....but just wanted to come on and let you all know that it was fantastic.

Baby has no name yet but she is doing brilliant.......I am breastfeeding which is going brilliant as well and I am still in shock that she weighed 8lb 2oz!!

Quick pics....

https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/rachie1983/Baby2.jpg

https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/rachie1983/Baby.jpg

OH and for those with SPD - I can honestly say that I did not feel that it hindered my birth in any way, did not make it more painful and I did not really take notice of it...and i was very mobile! I found swaying my hips really helpful.

Since the birth I have been up and about pretty much straight away and it is definately less painful already. My pelvis no longer clicks and is only a bit sore when i get up in the morning and even then, its just sore, not agony. :thumbsup:

Congrats Rachie, she's gorgeous :) I'm off to read your birth story now! :)

xx

Becstar :hugs: Great words from Gina!

Firstly PLEASE dont think that what you saw on One Born Every Min is representative of child birth in general. It's a TV show - for entertainment - and a quiet, calm, average birth with no complications doesnt make 'entertaining' TV - not to the masses any how. I didnt see one positive thing that I could really relate to in those births when thinking about my own experiences.

In the event of an emergency, every second DOES count but there are a few things to consider too.

1. In a HB you will find that the MWs are even more cautious than in a birth centre or hospital. Most problems come after some warning signs so there is almost always LOTS of time n advance to decide if a transfer is necessary and a MW would transfer sooner from home than they would intervene in a BC or hospital.

2. If something serious happens that required an emergency c section, even in hospital Drs need to be contacted to make decisons, the theatre staff need to scrub and prep and then you need prepping. All these things would still have to happen if you came from home and the MW would have rung ahead with her analysis of the situation so that they can get everything ready for your arrival. On average its 45 mins from a decision on intervention to actually sectioning a woman and with a HB this doesnt rise much at all as they factor your transfer in.

3. The things the can 'go wrong' are actually often as a result of interventions in the hospital. So for instance if labour isnt 'progressing' at the speed the hospital staff want ie you're taking up a bed for too long, then they may put you on a drip to speed your contractions up....this in turn makes you contract at an unnaturally painful rate so you opt for the epidural....which either doesnt work or works really well and then you end up (like me) unable to push and need an episiotomy because they need to 'help' (pull) your 'stuck' (not moving quick enough for their time scales) baby out with forceps....and if that doesnt work then you're off for a c section and people cry 'thank goodness you were in the hospital'.....and all of this started when THEY put you on some kind of child birth stop watch and hooked you up to that drip.....do you see what I mean?

Positivity is key. Home birth is more than just a location to have your child - it's a frame of mind. Something doesnt HAVE to go wrong - pregnancy is a normal healthy function, not an illness or a medical incident. You do to the hospital when you're ill - a healthy pregnancy isnt an illness and so doesnt require treatment in the way an illness does.

Your body was designed to do this! You trust your body to look after him and keep him safe during your pregnancy and, if allowed to just get on with it, your body will deliver your baby to you safely too :)

Thank you!

I do feel more confident as I know more what to expect... I know that once he's on my side my husband is also good at sticking up for me (for instance, they originally said that if I went more than 12 days past due I'd not be allowed a homebirth but he talked them into extending it to the point I was induced, which is unheard of round my way. I know I managed the last one with only G+A and a co-dydramol as the epidural didn't actually work... so I know I CAN do it. I think I will definitely spend money on hypnobirth classes or at least a CD next time, too.

I am excited at the thought of doing it again!!

becstar - I'm excited for you! There are a few recommended reads on the first post so you could start reading and getting in the right frame of mind right away!

Rachie - I cant tell yo how chuffed I am for you. Well done - she's a little beauty! x

well done rachie

:( my bmi is 44 theres no way theyre going to let me have a hb,i wonder why they asked me last time though

im going to push for it and see where it gets me

well done rachie

:( my bmi is 44 theres no way theyre going to let me have a hb,i wonder why they asked me last time though

im going to push for it and see where it gets me

My BMI is higher than it should be hun (I think ats 35.5 or even 36), they can't really refuse you a homebirth...they can advise against it, but if you want it they have to provide the care for you! :thumbup:
My midwife hasn't weighed me yet but she's put HB on my notes straight away. Don't worry just yet sweetie, I'm sure there will be a way you can get your ideal birht :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->