Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Lou - as Nat said it's not a question of being 'allowed' or 'letting' you have a HB. They have a duty to attend you, where ever you are. You can be advised but not 'told' what to do.

we seem to have a culture of thinking we are to be told how/where/when to birth. We need to take it back, even if we want to birth in hospital, we dont need telling how it's going to be.

Lou - as Nat said it's not a question of being 'allowed' or 'letting' you have a HB. They have a duty to attend you, where ever you are. You can be advised but not 'told' what to do.

we seem to have a culture of thinking we are to be told how/where/when to birth. We need to take it back, even if we want to birth in hospital, we dont need telling how it's going to be.

In total agreement! :thumbup:

In total agreement! :thumbup:

Apologies Nikki! That should read Nikki not Nat :dohh:

For you girls who are still pregnant and have SPD/PGP, I'll add my voice to this. It didn't hinder my own labour or delivery at all. On the homebirth website, it even says it could help you to have a quicker delivery (I was 7 hours and 40 minutes from water breaking to delivery). The same website also says that an epidural could make matters worse, as you won't feel and may stretch too far - another good reason for home birth, as there's no epidurals there! My SPD had all but disappeared postnatally. The only problem I now have is achy hips/pelvis if I lie on my side too long (having a pillow between my knees helps), usually due to breastfeeding in bed (we co-sleep); but I think it's really more due to having had a baby recently than lingering SPD.

And, even though we're not TTC right now, I'm really excited that the new area I'm moving to has a stand-alone birth centre. I'm hoping this means there'll be midwives that are pro home birth as well because I'm going to try for one when we're pregnant again. And now that I've got a semi-detached house that has a garden, I'm so getting a pool for it!

It's so nice that you're already thinking about planning another HB Manda! :happydance:

It's so nice that you're already thinking about planning another HB Manda! :happydance:

We were talking about the next one when Jack was a few days old, and I said then that I still wanted to try for a home birth. :thumbup: Jack's not even two months old yet, and I can't wait to do it all again (minus the severe meconium liquor, please). I must be mad. :wacko:

you're talking to the wrong person....I wanted to do it again within minutes of having Hebe and I'm getting that way again now! :lol: I think the 17 month age gap tells it all.....:blush:

We are planning number 2 already and Missy isn't here yet! All going to plan, we'll be at much the same stage this time next year as we are now! :haha:

I am also thinking more and more about Breast Feeding so I may be bending your ear Lis if you don't mind toots....

xxx

any time chick :winkwink:

I LOVE reading the birth stories of EVERYONE in this group!!! I feel like you're all my sisters giving birth and I'm just buzzing with excitement as another due date draws nearer!!! Yes I admit it...:blush:....I am living vicariously through you all!!!

x

Thank you doll :kiss:

Also must message you about York!

Isn't it lovely, as each one happens I find myself getting more and more excited and positive about it all and am so proud of all the girls here :flower:

xxx

Hi, new in here!

I've been thinking about possibly having a home birth but its obviously early days yet!

I was just wondering when is it best to mention to the midwife that you would like a home birth?

And also i've read that you can't leave hospital if you give birth there, until the baby has been checked over by a doctor for any abnormalities. What happens if you have a home birth?

Welcome Meow :)

You can mention is as soon as you like to your MW. They tend not to get into the details until around the 3rd tri as they like to see how your pregnancy pans out.

As far as the newborn baby check up, when you have your baby at home, they send a Dr or qualified MW to your home to do that check up. My GP came to mine the day after I gave birth :)

Hi ladies,

Just joining your crew as hubby has finally come round to my home birth thinking yay!!!

Always wanted one but its his first baby and didnt think it was 'safe' giving birth at home!!!

It took a few ppl to say 'well i would of had one if.......' stories and the mention of 2 midwifes that give you undivided attention throughout, that changed his mind.......... Why he couldn't just listen to what his wife was telling him i'll never know...

So no packing a hospital bag and worrying about where my son is going and if i get to use the birthing pool or not!! yippee :happydance:

Ive been looking online at heated birthing pools to hire and am yet to decide who to go with.....

Im so happy now..........xxx

Oks so i have a question to all of you in the know :lol:

How much did hypnobirthing help you??

I REALLY want to do it but its so so expensive around here its mental and i want to be sure its going to help me. I really love the idea and am so tempted but i thought i should just ask :blush:

Rebecca thats fab :thumbup:

read the book and use the CD if its silly money - I think you can still get a lot by just doing that. The classes were good but the main thing I got from them was the breathing techniques but as you dont have to do them exactly as they say then it's not essential :)

I did a hypnotherapy CD in the run up to my labour, and I used some of the techniques...I feel like it really helped :)

Oks so i have a question to all of you in the know :lol:

How much did hypnobirthing help you??

I REALLY want to do it but its so so expensive around here its mental and i want to be sure its going to help me. I really love the idea and am so tempted but i thought i should just ask :blush:

Rebecca thats fab :thumbup:

Hey I've just bought the Hypnobirthing:The Mongan Method book as I couldn't afford the classes....I've only been using the breathing techniques for the last few days and I think it's great! The book is wondeful too, really helped with any wee worries I still had....plus you get the CD with it too.

Hi ladies,

Just joining your crew as hubby has finally come round to my home birth thinking yay!!!

Always wanted one but its his first baby and didnt think it was 'safe' giving birth at home!!!

It took a few ppl to say 'well i would of had one if.......' stories and the mention of 2 midwifes that give you undivided attention throughout, that changed his mind.......... Why he couldn't just listen to what his wife was telling him i'll never know...

So no packing a hospital bag and worrying about where my son is going and if i get to use the birthing pool or not!! yippee :happydance:

Ive been looking online at heated birthing pools to hire and am yet to decide who to go with.....

Im so happy now..........xxx

Hey that's great news for you! :D

I was later deciding about mine too, and my OH had the same worries as it's his first too! It's funny what it takes to change their minds lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->