Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

This is prob OT, a bit, kinda, but/..... To those who have animated blinkies..... where did you get them from? I want one that flashes up different things.... like "Hoping for a" (next flash) "Home birth" or something. Can't find one anywhere. Did you make your own?

I searched for one but couldn't find any so would like to know this too :)

This is prob OT, a bit, kinda, but/..... To those who have animated blinkies..... where did you get them from? I want one that flashes up different things.... like "Hoping for a" (next flash) "Home birth" or something. Can't find one anywhere. Did you make your own?

I got mine from here

https://s313.photobucket.com/albums/ll372/vividbirth/natural childbirth blinkies/

Still nothing at my end - DH is interviewing today and tomorrow so hoping now LO hangs on till at least Friday night! :haha:

I am off out for lunch with a friend who is due today so sure we will get some worried looks both being so heavily pregnant!

No more hospital appointments for me, unless something comes up unexpectedly. I have my first Homebirth m/w appt in two weeks time. I'm so glad as at my appt at the hospital appt on Tuesday the Dr who came in just for a quick chat felt compelled to say ' Oh we can't commit to a homebirth this early, you'll have to wait until third trimester, even though everything looks normal now and if everything stays normal then we can ok it.' I decided it wasn't worth the argument and just said politely.
' Well, we've arranged to see the homebirth/community midwives from now on, we'll plan for a homebirth and we'll deal with any problems if and when they arise.'

PS: could my EDD be changed to 14th October ?

Well done trumpetbum :thumbup: I dunno why they feel so compelled to put a downer on things?!

My kit arrived this morning - there's so much!!!! It's actually quite good to see how well prepared they really are, it's like a mini hospital in here just now :haha: Plus I now have 3 cans of G&A and a can of oxygen sitting in the hall, I've got no bloody idea where to put it all lol

Hope all you ladies are well today :D xx

Well done trumpetbum :thumbup: I dunno why they feel so compelled to put a downer on things?!

My kit arrived this morning - there's so much!!!! It's actually quite good to see how well prepared they really are, it's like a mini hospital in here just now :haha: Plus I now have 3 cans of G&A and a can of oxygen sitting in the hall, I've got no bloody idea where to put it all lol

Hope all you ladies are well today :D xx
lucky you got the G&A and stuff!!!! I just got the hosp kit haha. No gas or air awww :( they briing it on the day.

I'm hoping they don't bring any G&A round in advance... FOB will have finished off the lot before I go into labour :haha:

Well Chris has already been trying to figure out the valves and everything for it lol luckily the mouthpieces are seal wrapped, so he can't get into them without getting caught out! :haha:

My ex has a way round everything... he'd probably pump it into balloons like they do at raves!

On another note, managed to rent a HypnoBirthing book from the library today and bought my yoga ball for a bargain £5 :)

HI ladies! Hope you are all well

My home check went well and have my home birth kit stashed upstairs.

Baby was in very desirable position with bum to the left of my belly button and head 2/5ths engaged. blood pressure normal and urine good.

Had my 34wk check 2 wks later (tues) and baby has moved over the othe rside towards the back so have been advised to get on all fours when possible as if scrubbing the floors to try and encourage baby to move back where it was........

Any one got any advice or comments on this sudden shift in position???

Also have bit of sugar in urine (had this laast time was tested for GD but clear) and also need to get iron up as it was 10.1 and needs to be 10.5 or may not be able to have homebirth.

Can anyone shead any light on this as my iron is naturally low and very rare i can give blood because of it. (i try twice a yr and in 10 yrs i have given just 2 pints)

Thank u ladies for reading me xxxxx

Any one got any advice or comments on this sudden shift in position???

Mine was boogying about into all sorts of positions until 37 weeks, until it got head down. And even now I still think it is swinging around left/right back/front. They can turn even in labour, so I think it is perfectly normal. The forward leaning positions are meant to be good (she says while lolling back on the sofa!). Basically if you think about it as the spine being the heaviest bit, if you spend more time upright or leaning forward then the baby is more likely to swing round so the spine is at the front. The physio at antenatal classes said to us that this is why the encourage forward leaning birthing positions as well, to make sure of good positioning at that stage.

Can anyone shead any light on this as my iron is naturally low and very rare i can give blood because of it. (i try twice a yr and in 10 yrs i have given just 2 pints)

What have you been given to try and combat it so far? Mine was a little low (prob about the same as yours) I am on liquid iron, liquid folic acid, and vitamin C tablets twice a day. The Vit C is meant to help with absorption. Tea and coffee hamper it. Liquid is meant to be more easily absorbed and easier on the stomach than the tablets, although I'm just on it as I'm crap at taking tablets! So I'm on that and the baked beans, watercress, black pudding and orange juice!

For reference now that I'm on the supplements (only since 37 weeks) my midwife doesn't want to test me again, she is just trusting that the supplements will do their job.

If yours is always low, and is soooo marginal to their 'limit' then I would take the 'can't have a homebirth' with a big pinch of salt. It may be a guideline they have, and they can advise you that they would rather it be higher, but I don't believe they can actually ban you.

This page is good on low iron counts and homebirth:

https://www.homebirth.org.uk/hb.htm

Glad you have your kit and the home visit went well!

My Hb was 10.1 at 30 weeks, by 40 weeks I got it up to 11.2!

I was on ferrous sulphate 200mg, which i was meant to take once a day, but took twice a day (max dose is 3 a day). They also put me on folic acid 5mg to help with absorption. I also had spartone in my orange juice most days. I found if i took enough iron to keep my poo black then my Hb went up!

I also have a naturally low iron and was prepared to go against medical advise and deliver at home if it was lower than 10.5 and I wasn't showing any symptoms.

great advice from UrbanBumpkin and Celesse. I'm another with low iron when not pregnant and I would have stayed at home like Celesse. TBH after a lot of fuss about my iron, once I'd given birth they completely forgot to re check it.

This may be WAY TMI but I don't like it because I seem to spend ages 'cleaning up' after :dohh: :haha:

This may be WAY TMI but I don't like it because I seem to spend ages 'cleaning up' after :dohh: :haha:

I have to agree with this. It does make it messier.

Having had a sun-roof baby they took my Hb post delivery and it was 10.3 down from 11.2, blood loss was 500mls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->