Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hope the contractions turn up soon, Cactusgirl!

It's something I really, really want to do but he's a chemistry nut so is more of a medication for labour kind of person.

Once you have read the book you might find that directing him particularly to the passages about how it is all about encouraging the natural resources the body has to work more effectively is useful - all the stuff about fight and flight, and releasing natural endorphins etc.

While my husband was totally up for doing the course, it was only really to support me as I was so set on it. But once he had read the book he found it much less 'wishy-washy' than he thought it was going to be, and realised that it all made a lot of sense.

He is now totally into it. The other day he hunted down the music online that is used as a background to the Rainbow Relaxations so that we can have that playing. He reckons we are so conditioned to it now after repeated listens to the CD that it will be very good to use during and after labour, but give us a bit more variation than just listening to the RR track repeatedly.

I would ask him to read the book before the first class and you might find he wants to come along once he has some first hand knowledge of it.

UB - that's exactly how my hubby was. Do you have the affirmations on CD too? I liked those during labour. :)

yay CG good luck!!!! can't wait to hear your birth story ;)

Hi Ladies! :hi:

I was directed to this wonderful thread by the equally wonderful Mervs Mum-thank-you!!, and have just finished going through it all-phew!

I'm hoping for a homebirth now, as i really want water, but can't be guaranteed that at hospital, also really don't want drugs etc.. so i'm hoping the relaxed atmosphere at home, along with a hell of a lot of PMA, and self-belief, i can do it myself (just a bit of G+A to help perhaps!)

I've just transferred hospitals and am waiting to get 'booked in' with them, and have a mw appointment next week, as of yet i haven't mentioned my intentions, and was wondering how to start off, my mw is on hols next week, so will be a stand-in, not sure if she can help?
Should i mention it in the hospital when i go? or wait till i'm 35 weeks at my next mw appointment? which seems to be cutting it close?
I'm feeling like i want to get the ball rolling, as i'm a planner, and like to know where i stand!
Thanks ladies!

:wave: Welcome on board Roc! :)

No harm mentioning it as soon as you like hun. The stand in will know the protocol so she may set the ball rolling for you.

PMA and self belief are the only other tools you need apart from your amazing body so you are all set already!! x

Good luck CG!! Welcome Roc.

I'm looking for a hypnobirthingCD/book ladies if anyone who has already used theirs is selling on :) Thought I'd try B&B first before I went down the ebay route.

https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swap-sell/329934-wanted-hypnobirthing-mongan-method-book-cd.html

Thanks MM!
I'll mention it at my appointment next week, and see where to go from there i guess!
Can i just say after reading this thread, that the advice and experience you've brought (and some other ladies too!) to this thread, has really helped me get my head straight and made me feel soooo positive (and excited!) at the prospect of a wonderful home birth so thanks again!:hugs:

Good luck CG!! Welcome Roc.

I'm looking for a hypnobirthingCD/book ladies if anyone who has already used theirs is selling on :) Thought I'd try B&B first before I went down the ebay route.

https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swap-sell/329934-wanted-hypnobirthing-mongan-method-book-cd.html

trumpetbum, I think I will want to keep my book (I have the tracks on my iPod so don't mind about that) but would be happy to long term loan you it once I've given birth. I'll just want it back before we get round to baby number two so that I can refresh my knowledge! So you would be able to have it in, hopefully, 3-4 weeks max.

UB - that's exactly how my hubby was. Do you have the affirmations on CD too? I liked those during labour. :)

I do have the affirmations, they are good too. I think I will be listening to those quite a bit. The CD MrUrban found is good, one of the tracks is a version of the Brahms lullaby. I'll get the link from him and post it here as it is a good accompaniment to the proper hypnobirthing tracks. I think it was 8quid to download.

And hello, roc!

Urbanbumpkin that would be awesome, if you don't mind lending. I'm a bit of a book lover so It would be well looked after. :thumbup:

Dopey - they will cover the breathing down in your classes and you can practice when you have a poo but not till about 38 wks really.

Madasa - Straws!! For drinking in weird and wonderful positions and energy drinks or snacks were the things I really wished I'd had. In the box there were covers and sheets, maternity pads, the baby's basic stuff, PJs etc so in the event of transfer it was easy to pack me a bag.

Thank you! I do have straws! I was debating whether to get a lidded cup with a straw, or a sports type bottle... I have neither yet, but I do have straws :) I also have towels, cheap shower curtain, maternity pads, baby basics and the delightful little strainer for the pool :blush: I'm planning on snacks and a bottle of bubbly as well ;) I will make sure to put some sheets in there and a nightie or a set of clothes for me, so that it's all in one place if I need to pack a bag :) Hope I am not forgetting anything....

Just a quick one ladies - my waters broke about 2am this morning and had a bloody show since. No contractions as yet. Have called mw who is coming out in a bit to check me over.

Really praying the contractions come on relatively soon now so they don't try and get me into hospital!!

Cannot believe it looks like it is happening............!!

Ooo how exciting! Hope you are both doing OK and things are progressing well for you, if LO is not already here :)

Urbanbumpkin that would be awesome, if you don't mind lending. I'm a bit of a book lover so It would be well looked after. :thumbup:

No problem!

Remind me though, as I may forget at the time!

Just PM me your address and I will post it and the CD to you once I have sprogged.

Or give me your name and I could pass it onto you via Caroline. I don't think she would mind playing courier! Caroline is your midwife too isn't she?

Hope I am not forgetting anything...

You are hoping to get a pool aren't you? My midwife said plenty of old towels for stepping in and out of pool onto, as well as ones for me and baby to wrap up in, and a hand mirror so that she can have a look at the baby emerging without me having to move position while in the pool.

Wow lots to catch up on!

Congrats Pops, that really is a lovely piccie of your little girl xx

Hope everything is progressing well CG! So excited for you.

Sorry for all the missed thanks/congrats and or sorry's that I havent posted but this thread moves fast and I cant sit down at the comp for long.

A little update on me. Had some pains this morning that I was convinced was the start of early labour but everything seems to have calmed down. Midwife seems to think that it may have been his head engaging.

Going to try to take it easy (or as easy as Oscar will let me) for the next week to get past that wonderful marker of 37 weeks so I can still have my homebirth.!

Madasa, I had some lovely cherry Lucozade in the fridge, along with the bubbly! I had some essential oils for the bath for during labour, a tennis ball for DH to massage my back with so his hand didn't get tired, some cooling spray and a wheat bag that could be heated in the microwave.

I didn't get to use any of it and forgot most when I quickly threw things in a bag for hospital. Thank god I remembered my TENS though. That and the labour ball were my biggest helps.

I didnt bother with the energy drinks and I so wish I had....the MW suggested one and all we had was full fat coke....I took one sip and puked! :lol:

I have the pleasure of being bump buddies with the lovely Cactusgirl and have just had a text from her so thought I would update you all.

Her MW came by this morning and she was already 4cm dilated without any contractions :thumbup:

She is still waiting for contractions to kick in that the moment and her MW is happy for her to stay at home for now - if there were still no sign of contractions on Monday they would look to transfer her to hospital. So at the moment she has plenty of time for things to get going so hopefully she can have the homebirth she is hoping for :thumbup:

Our lovely lady is currently bouncing away on her birth ball as I type - I will update again when there is further news.

Come on Che - Mummy and Daddy really want to meet you!!!!

No problem!

Just PM me your address and I will post it and the CD to you once I have sprogged.

Or give me your name and I could pass it onto you via Caroline. I don't think she would mind playing courier! Caroline is your midwife too isn't she?

You are hoping to get a pool aren't you? My midwife said plenty of old towels for stepping in and out of pool onto, as well as ones for me and baby to wrap up in, and a hand mirror so that she can have a look at the baby emerging without me having to move position while in the pool.

Should arrive next week :happydance: I have plenty of towels, and more coming, being donated from friends and family etc. Hadn't thought of a mirror, I guess a torch might be handy too.... but I'll hold off on that until I see MW next week, I'm not sure what she will bring with her or what is in the home confinement kit :)

No problem!

Should arrive next week :happydance: I have plenty of towels, and more coming, being donated from friends and family etc. Hadn't thought of a mirror, I guess a torch might be handy too.... but I'll hold off on that until I see MW next week, I'm not sure what she will bring with her or what is in the home confinement kit :)

What kind of pool did you end up getting? Mine should arrive Monday at DH's work...I'm a bit worried because it's a 3-year-old one and a bit smaller than the average pools...I'm sure all will be fine..!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->