Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Just wanted to drop in and share this link!

https://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/lessons_homebirth.asp

I know you ladies will appreciate it!

Urbanbumpkin that would be awesome, if you don't mind lending. I'm a bit of a book lover so It would be well looked after. :thumbup:

No problem!

Remind me though, as I may forget at the time!

Just PM me your address and I will post it and the CD to you once I have sprogged.

Or give me your name and I could pass it onto you via Caroline. I don't think she would mind playing courier! Caroline is your midwife too isn't she?

Hope I am not forgetting anything...

You are hoping to get a pool aren't you? My midwife said plenty of old towels for stepping in and out of pool onto, as well as ones for me and baby to wrap up in, and a hand mirror so that she can have a look at the baby emerging without me having to move position while in the pool.

Should arrive next week :happydance: I have plenty of towels, and more coming, being donated from friends and family etc. Hadn't thought of a mirror, I guess a torch might be handy too.... but I'll hold off on that until I see MW next week, I'm not sure what she will bring with her or what is in the home confinement kit :)

What kind of pool did you end up getting? Mine should arrive Monday at DH's work...I'm a bit worried because it's a 3-year-old one and a bit smaller than the average pools...I'm sure all will be fine..!

xx

La Bassinine (sp?) - and I am worried about size too, I think it might be a TEENSY bit too big to put where we wanted to and might have to have it in the kitchen instead! But that is ok, we'll do a test run when it arrives and take it from there.

Oh and I've got LOADS of tennis balls, DS went thru a stage of being obsessed with them and I keep FINDING them every where! I've put one in the box now :)

I really don't like most energy drinks much, I'll try a few over the next week or two and find one that is drinkable so I can have some on hand!

I really hope it's all going well for Cactusgirl! I'm so excited... and I can't believe that after this there is only 5 people before me on the list :wacko:

I really hope it's all going well for Cactusgirl! I'm so excited... and I can't believe that after this there is only 5 people before me on the list :wacko:

Oh god... that means only 4 people before me! Scary thought!

EXCITING thought!

The only scary part is: argh I am not ready I still have to get.....

But then I tell myself: remember the shoelace! And I'm OK :thumbup:

I had a "moment" last night (TMI alert>>>>>) when I sat on the loo for a pee and did more than I was expecting, followed by a shed load of Braxton Hicks and lots (and LOTS) of baby movement. I panicked and I was just thinking "nooo!! you can't come now! I wanted to have you in water, the pool is not here yet and I don't think our bath tub is big enough!!" :rofl: I drank lots of water and lay down and it all settled again. PHEW!!

Cactusgirl - Only just seen this. Lots of labour vibes coming your way!!

EXCITING thought!

The only scary part is: argh I am not ready I still have to get.....

But then I tell myself: remember the shoelace! And I'm OK :thumbup:

I had a "moment" last night (TMI alert>>>>>) when I sat on the loo for a pee and did more than I was expecting, followed by a shed load of Braxton Hicks and lots (and LOTS) of baby movement. I panicked and I was just thinking "nooo!! you can't come now! I wanted to have you in water, the pool is not here yet and I don't think our bath tub is big enough!!" :rofl: I drank lots of water and lay down and it all settled again. PHEW!!

:rofl: I keep getting loads of 'moments' as I'm pretty sure LOs movements should not be as energetic as they were before due to decreased space but I'm getting kicked so hard that it makes my whole body move! Then I keep panicking that he or she will turn breach... think I'm just at that stage where the longer it goes on the more I worry!

ahhh omg I'm kind of next on the list as erinaimee is MIA right? And CG is in labour?
OMFG :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Good luck CG!!! I'm super excited for you!

I'm ordering my birth pool today, we've decided to go with the Aquaborn. It's not in stock for another week so pre-orders get a discounted price, I'm saving $55 which is awesome.

Midwife asked if I was considering a homebirth and I told her we definitely are. We will be discussing specifics at my 36 week visit since I can't give birth at home until I'm 37 weeks. I'm getting so excited, can't believe how close 37 weeks is.

I'm officially on sick leave now due to the stress fracture on my foot so life is now very relaxing. Although the walking/standing restrictions are a little frustrating. So I'm going to start swimming to keep in shape for labour.

Any news from CG yet? Tempted to text Michelle (doula) to see how things are.

Still no news then! I'll keep popping back!! It is so exciting when one of you girls is in labour!!

We hit the 29 week mark yesterday and our pool, courtesy of the fan dabby dozy Lisa, is arriving on Wednesday :yipee:

All getting so close! I can't wait to meet this beautiful little person we have made :cloud9:

xxx

:yipee: Oh I cant wait for you to have a play with the pool Pops - Its really good. have you decided where you will set it up?

CG - hope everything is going/has gone ok and we hear about your HB soon! :D

Jac very kindly made us some little blinkies!

Have a blinkie!! :D

https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/bnbhomebithacheiver.png

CODE: https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/bnbhomebithacheiver.png[/IMG and add a ] on the end ;)

[IMG]https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/BNBHOMEBIRTHHOPEFUL.png

CODE: https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/BNBHOMEBIRTHHOPEFUL.png[/IMG and add a ] on the end ;)

You do!! You belong to BnB and you have had a HB - in fact shall we add your details to the front page too??

Yes please! I need to go read to see what info you put on - I forgot :blush:

I wanna say I'm a homebirth hopeful for this baby, but not tempting fate with the horrendous scare I've had this week!

Well I have a little girl! Charlotte imogen was born on Friday 7th may at 6.58 pm in a pool in our sitting room weighing 8lb 9oz. It was an amazing and intense experience and one I'm not that keen to repeat! I went from occasional niggly contractions at 1.30 pm to pushing at 5 with the hypno birthing doing ok until I hit transition and which point I started screaming like a banshee!! I repeatedly tried to drown the oh as I wouldn't let go of him and evrytime I had aa contraction I tried to haul him over the side, whoops!!

I ended up with a second degree tear to the vaginal wall which didn't *need* stitching but I was warned that I might end up with a flap! 8-S, also got some labial grazes (which hurt!!) and some fairly extensive bruising. Arnica tablets should be purchased girls, I meant to get some and really wish now that I had!!

Unfortunately breastfeeding did not go well, lottie is a pirhana and has ended up removing the end of my nipples (ouch). So for me the only downside of a home birth was not having the more on tap support when it came to breasfeeding. We're now on formula which I'm devastated by but is probably the best thing for all 3 of us. We managed 9 days which got the most important bits into her but I'm still felinv like a failure especially as the bottle makes her windy and the formula makes her cranky.

I have also ended up with some bits being left behind which has caused an infection so overall I'm feeling pretty crappy right now! Blasted hormones :)

Ok, Aimee Grace was due 21/4/09 - born at home 18/4/09 at 2:54am (loooooong day n night) weighed in at 7lb 9.5oz :flower:

Congrats Hen!! Sorry you had a bump ride though :( - when were you due BTW? I want to add you to the front page ok?

Hen - Congratulations on your HB and welcome to your little lady!
You could be me with what you said about breastfeeding. I also felt like I'd "failed" but Aimee had "chewed" my nipples so bad they were just blood blisters really. I know what you mean about the lack of support...I have said that if I'd have gone to hospital maybe I would have succeeded. You're NOT a failure my lovely, as time goes on you will feel better about it.

Hen - Congratulations on your HB and welcome to your little lady!
You could be me with what you said about breastfeeding. I also felt like I'd "failed" but Aimee had "chewed" my nipples so bad they were just blood blisters really. I know what you mean about the lack of support...I have said that if I'd have gone to hospital maybe I would have succeeded. You're NOT a failure my lovely, as time goes on you will feel better about it.

That depends how bf-ing friendly the hosp. is, and if you luck out with the staff.... don't beat yourself up over the might have beens! :flower:

Hen, congrats on your new arrival! Sorry it was a rough ride for you and that bf-ing didn't go smoothly. You gave it your best shot, you made informed choices throughout, you and LO are healthy and well. That's what is important.... the rest is gravy :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->