Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm ordering my birth pool today, we've decided to go with the Aquaborn. It's not in stock for another week so pre-orders get a discounted price, I'm saving $55 which is awesome.

Midwife asked if I was considering a homebirth and I told her we definitely are. We will be discussing specifics at my 36 week visit since I can't give birth at home until I'm 37 weeks. I'm getting so excited, can't believe how close 37 weeks is.

I'm officially on sick leave now due to the stress fracture on my foot so life is now very relaxing. Although the walking/standing restrictions are a little frustrating. So I'm going to start swimming to keep in shape for labour.

Wow! That's a bit of a bargain! :thumbup: I'm hoping my pool (Sevylor Electra) will arrive at DH's work tomorrow.

MW has said that it's possible for me to have a home birth from 35 weeks (which by the 'official' dates was Friday just gone) I think based on whether there are any other complications etc... I'd much rather get to 36/37 though! :lol:

I can't wait until we have a pool open to swim in...The pool at our current apartment complex & at our new place both open memorial day weekend, so sooooon!! :happydance:

I'm getting quite a few crampy feelings recently...nothing that's particularly worrying me, Bean is still moving around a lot, so could be her causing stretching pains.....I tried some raspberry leaf tea (with a mixture of other stuff intended for 3rd tri) the other day and had horrible cramps that night, which I'm not sure whether they were caused by the tea, constipation or something else :shrug: Has kind of put me off having anymore!! :dohh:

We had a look in Walmart for some cheap shower curtains to lay on the floor and they have some for less than $3, so we'll probably pick a couple of them up... I just need to email my MW and ask her what's included in the birth kit I order...

xxx

Ok, Aimee Grace was due 21/4/09 - born at home 18/4/09 at 2:54am (loooooong day n night) weighed in at 7lb 9.5oz :flower:

Congrats to CG!!!! I can't wait to see pics of her little girl!

Congrats on your homebirth Hen. Sorry to hear that breastfeeding was challenging, but things not going as planned never makes us a failure. Things just don't always work how we thought they would.

Noooo hun, that was me - I was givin MM detail for front page. Sorry I didnt make that very clear!

I'll text our doula Michelle to see how CG is gettin on!

I've text and sent our love...hopefully she'll be snuggling her baby by now! :hugs:

We were due on the 3rd may so went 4 days over. The best part was waking. Onthe Saturday morning in my own bed and realising that all the pain from my spd had gone, incredible!!

Logically and rationally I know that the decision to ff is the right one, but I think it will take a while to reconcile head and heart.

Thank you for all your lovely words and I'm trying to remeber that there were two of us that had to get it right and that the problems we had were just as much her as me!

Welcome to the world Imogen and congrats Hen and family xx

I text my doula and asked how things were and said the homebirth group sent their love, she just text back and said "thanks love" so I wonder if she's too busy to update us?

Sending lots of labour vibes!!

Sending every vibe I've got for an easy labour and a smooth, peaceful delivery! :)

CG just text me, she is on her way to the hospital to be induced due to it being 72hours since her waters broke.

Hoping things are done her way as far as possible. I'm sure she will be fine, she has the best support in the world with our doula, I'm confident CG will do well!

We had a look in Walmart for some cheap shower curtains to lay on the floor and they have some for less than $3, so we'll probably pick a couple of them up... I just need to email my MW and ask her what's included in the birth kit I order...

xxx

You might want to check your local lowe's or home depot for those plastic throw down sheets they have for painting. They cover a large area, and are super cheap. You can usually find them in the paint department.

CG- hoping everything goes smoothly for you! Sending lots of love and labour dust! :dust:

Congrats Hen on your precious new arrival. Don't beat yourself up about the bf'ing. You did the best you could for her. The hospitals aren't always great with the advice either (I suffered through bloody nipples and pain on the latch on for over four weeks with my first LO, who was born in the hospital)

Congratulations Hen.

Just got my results frmo my blood tests Hb 11.9 still along wa to go but considering my pre- pregnancy Hbs could be as low as 8 this is reall goood.

Nikki - boy do I feel silly now, lol. Pregnancy brain. :)

I kno CG has a text buddy, I hope you don't mind me posting this.

:baby: Che Harry was born last night at 23:03 - weighed just shy of 9lb. Cactusgirl said she cannot fault the hospital staff and she managed with just tens and G&A!

WELL DONE HONEY!!! Congratulations again!!
Welcome to Che Harry :flower:

:cloud9: Aww congratulations!! Che is a very cool name!! Well done CG!

Hi Ladies,

I am starting to plan my next baby and next labour and doing all the research. My priority for the birth will be a) safe for me and baby, and b) a birth plan that gives me the highest chance of a vaginal birth. I have reached the conclusion that home VBAC will be the best option if I have no other risk factors. My C-Section was for baby reasons (fetal tachicardia), not mummy reasons. I reached almost 9cm. I coped well with the labour pain and had the epidural due to the high risk of ending up with a section/instrumental due to baby's heart rate.

My original plan was to start TTC #2 in August /September time. A small gap between children makes sense for us for a variety of reasons, mostly financial and work based. But I have been told by the midwife and my GP that to maximise the chance of home delivery to leave a year between pregnancies.
At my 6 week check I asked when to start TTC after a section.
My GP said "under normal circumstances I would tell you to start trying when your ready, but if you want a home birth then you should wait a year."

I'm trying to work out if a gap of less than a year presents a true VBAC risk factor, or if its just this magic round number that professionals have pulled out of the hat in order to try and retain control over a labour that would scare them. As I want to deliver at home, but don't want to add any additional risk beyond the prev C-Section and am unsure if I would be adding a risk factor by conceiving earlier than a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->