Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Congratulations, LolaAnn!

Well done on getting back home again, although it sounds like it wasn't the most comfortable journey!

Congratulations LolaAnn! I know what you mean about the car rides and contractions. They seem to be 100x worse in the car and you can't get comfy no matter what. Plain misery. I'm so glad they let you go home and you got the homebirth that you wanted. :hugs: :happydance: Keep persisting with the bf'ing and hopefully your little guy will catch on!

Hi Ladies

I'm just thinking about ordering my birthing pool, and i can't decide between the La Bassine pool, or the Birth Pool in a box, any advice/opinions gratefully received :o)

Congrats, Lola Ann. I'm thinking it's probably some mucous baby swallowed that's making him be sick, not your colostrum. Your milk's the best possible thing on his tummy. I'm so pleased you made it back home (I didn't :cry:). :thumbup:

Huge congrats Lola Ann!!

Just a quickie on the perineal massage...I used it with Oscar (well my partner did it for me) and to be honest, although it felt a bit clinical and I didnt enjoy doing it, I do think it helped. The idea isnt to stretch your body ready for labour but more to get you used to feeling that sensation so that you will be more able to deal with it when it happens.

I had no tears at all (although I believe most of that was due to the waterbirth) even though Lo was over 9lb.

I dont think it is in anyway essential just thought I would put forward a positive for it :)

Not sure if I posted that I saw my midwife on tuesday as had a little bit of swelling and slightly raised bp :( Baby is 3/5 engaged and although I know this means nothing Im hoping it means he is on his way soon!

The idea isnt to stretch your body ready for labour but more to get you used to feeling that sensation so that you will be more able to deal with it when it happens.

I've been looking at it like that, so that is good to hear. I have only just started in the last week or so, but have been just trying to get used to that burny feeling in the hope that it will help.

Hope your raised BP etc is nothing.

Morning ladies :D Hope you are all well on this gorgeous sunny day!!!

I've just had the pleasure of reading the most amazing home birth story, and thought I should share with you all - if there were any doubts left in my mind, they have disappeared fully after reading this, I can't stop crying! It really is wonderful, so enjoy!!

https://projectsubrosa.blogspot.com/2010/05/birth-story-complete.html

Morning ladies :D Hope you are all well on this gorgeous sunny day!!!

I've just had the pleasure of reading the most amazing home birth story, and thought I should share with you all - if there were any doubts left in my mind, they have disappeared fully after reading this, I can't stop crying! It really is wonderful, so enjoy!!

https://projectsubrosa.blogspot.com/2010/05/birth-story-complete.html

Oh, that is lovely! It had me teary as well.

Congrats Lola ann and thanks for sharing your birth story :)

Congrats Lola Ann :) Just need his name so we can add him to the front page please :) I also agree with Manda that its likely mucous making him sick. Sid was like it for 3 days and once he got it all up he was fine. Hebe was like it for 24 hrs so it's not uncommon. :)

Hi Ladies - I am currently looking at birthing pools and have come across an Aquaborn eco birth pool which seems reasonably priced and was wondering has anyone heard of this make - good or bad??

thanks xx

Congratulations LolaAnn :hugs:

We are 30 weeks today so yet another milestone reached :yipee:

Hope everyone is well and coping ok with this heat! I am sorely tempted to get the pool up and just sit in it :haha:

xxx

Inflated the pool today! Didn't take long and we are reassured it will FIT! (phew) We didn't have chance to fill it tho, so packed it away for now and will have fun in it tomorrow, then sterilise it and pack it away for he Birth Day :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->