Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I just want to say the BnB HB blinkies can be used by our girls who maybe didnt get their HBs but have have their LOs - like Manda who I'd still class as a HB Hopeful iykwim....I hope you dont mind me using you as an example Manda :blush: It was your siggie about it being a state of mind (which I love!) that prompted me :) x

I think the best part of Manda's siggy is the blinkie that says "I breastfeed in public, if it bothers you, put a blanket over your head!" :rofl: It gets me every time!

I think the best part of Manda's siggy is the blinkie that says "I breastfeed in public, if it bothers you, put a blanket over your head!" :rofl: It gets me every time!

Completely agree - I've actually quoted it a few times when discussing breast feeding in public :)

Am going to order my birthing pool today -Aquaborn ecopool- anyone heard of it?? I am a bit apprehensive as I still have 7 weeks to go and 4 weeks until considered full term for home delivery but the company have now discontinued the size I need and they have kept me one aside if I order it today. I think I'll just go and order it lol -I mean I WILL get my home birth (and WILL have time to fill it up lol) so WILL need it lol - PMA PMA PMA !!!!!

xx

I ordered a Aquaborn pool and am very excited for it. :) I like that it's deep and has lots of handles. I also like that it has a lid as well. Both the companies that sell home birthing supplies have said good comments about them, so I am not worried. I haven't received mine yet as it was not shipping out until this week, but I'm choosing to pick it up after June 12th when my aunt and uncle visit. They don't know I'm planning a home birth and would FLIP if they found out.

I am expecting my birthing pool within the nest 48 hrs -I can't wait!!! Haha -funny the things that get you excited eh?? :haha::haha:

I'll let you know how it is. I love how deep it is too and also the multitude of handles plus the extra padded bottom so that we shouldn't need anything else in there for comfort. FX'd anyways!!!!

Welcome tulip :flower:

Hope all other ladies are well- Any sign of baby yet urbanpumpkin??
:hugs: xx

Argh! Only two more people due before me now. Starting to get excited! My case worker said her daughter had a pool and I could use it if I wanted to. Any advice out there as to what I'd need to do to clean it?

Hope everyone is doing well x

Just a couple of post back we talked about sterilising fluids etc. :winkwink:

Good Luck on your homebirths. I hope everything goes well.

I am know not sure what is going on with my body.

Sorry that I'm late in saying: I don't mind at all, Lisa! I am a hopeful, after all...hoping for next time!

Shannon, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I've got my fx'd for you girl, that you will get a sticky bean soon so you can join us in here. Lots of baby :dust: coming your way. If you need anyone to talk to, you can always pm me! :hugs: I am so sorry for your loss.

Am going to order my birthing pool today -Aquaborn ecopool- anyone heard of it?? I am a bit apprehensive as I still have 7 weeks to go and 4 weeks until considered full term for home delivery but the company have now discontinued the size I need and they have kept me one aside if I order it today. I think I'll just go and order it lol -I mean I WILL get my home birth (and WILL have time to fill it up lol) so WILL need it lol - PMA PMA PMA !!!!!

xx

I ordered a Aquaborn pool and am very excited for it. :) I like that it's deep and has lots of handles. I also like that it has a lid as well. Both the companies that sell home birthing supplies have said good comments about them, so I am not worried. I haven't received mine yet as it was not shipping out until this week, but I'm choosing to pick it up after June 12th when my aunt and uncle visit. They don't know I'm planning a home birth and would FLIP if they found out.

I am expecting my birthing pool within the nest 48 hrs -I can't wait!!! Haha -funny the things that get you excited eh?? :haha::haha:

I'll let you know how it is. I love how deep it is too and also the multitude of handles plus the extra padded bottom so that we shouldn't need anything else in there for comfort. FX'd anyways!!!!

Welcome tulip :flower:

Hope all other ladies are well- Any sign of baby yet urbanpumpkin??
:hugs: xx

I couldn't do it, I got the email today that the pool was in stock again and... I'm picking it up in an hour. :)

I am totally too excited to put off picking it up for another two weeks! :haha:

Hello ladies!

Well, everything is as ready as it can be this end. Birthing pool up (and left up as it is so noisy to inflate I dont want to wake Oscar if its nighttime) and was thoroughly enjoyed by daddy and Oscar on Sunday as a makeshift paddling pool in the dining room.

All clothes washed and moses set up...all I need now is the baby! Come on LO, mummy is soooo over being pregnant now! :)

Hope everyone is doing well..looking forward to the next baby arrival!

My appt with the senior MW yesterday was not great. She did give lots of good advice and information and some of it was reassuring/useful.... but some of it was just plain BS!

Apparently you can't have candles AT ALL because of the gas and air being in the HOUSE (not just being used). What crap! How hard is it to leave the cannisters in the car until/unless they are NEEDED?!

Apparently I need a "liner" for the pool, which I thought was just a waste of money if I'm sterilising it anyway.... and then it has to be used on the day brand new, so if it doesn't fit properly, you're screwed. Still debating whether to get one just to keep them happy.

Apparently if it's very busy when I'm in labour I "will have to go in". Crap crap crap. How many women are fed this line?? On the day they'll just be told, "we're staying home and we expect someone to be here" but it still worries me.

Another good one: "We'll LET you (ha) dilate at half a cm per hour, if you go slower than that you have to go to hospital..." F*** that! No internals for me!

My favourite? "You have to understand that the midwife's decision is paramount." What happened to bodily autonomy??? WHO is going through labour and birth here? Whose body is it anyway? Surely they can ADVISE me and MY decision is paramount?!

The worst part is I *SIGNED* something. I was reading it as she was going through it, but straight after I thought, I should have taken that out of her hands and read it *properly* before I put my name on it. How stupid can I be?! Just what have I agreed to or signed away? F*** times ten thousand. Starting to think Sod it I'll just go to effing hospital like they obviously WANT me to. Bloody gits. Bullies. I hate them. I am not of a mind to let any of them TOUCH me while I'm in labour, wherever I am! How am I supposed to trust any of them after being fed a pack of lies? If they tell me I need to transfer, how am I supposed to trust that I really do need to go, and it's not them being over-cautious, or just plain LYING again??

Couldn't sleep last night at all, I even bawled my eyes out at one point which is NOT like me. OH tried to tell me it would be OK, where we were didn't matter that much, the important thing is to get Peanut out isn't it? Do I even have to say how much worse that made me feel, and worse still because he thought he was being nice and supportive and saying the right things.

I swear, I am never having kids again unless I save up beforehand and hire an independant midwife. This system SUCKS!!!!!

Sorry to put a dampener on the thread. I am so so so so pissy and mad right now and when I run out of energy being mad I just bawl and feel miserable and then I go back to being mad again. Just over a week ago I was SO bl**dy excited about having this baby and now I'm dreading it..... dreading being lied to, bullied, coerced, talked over and probably butchered.... all over again. I just want the farce to be over with, wherever it happens.

madasa - I'm so sorry you're having so many problems. I don't really have any advice as it seems they really are being unreasonable now. Do you have the option of speaking to a Doula at all to see if they can offer any advice rather than having to pay for one? Bit cheeky but might be worth a try! x

:hugs: I say sod them all madasa! Give birth at home and show them who's boss! Don't take that kind of carp from no one, "professional" or not. Its just plain rude malarky.and I feel so bad that you had to go through that, especially so near your birth. If you really want to, get the liner, but if not, its not necessary and they can't tell you what you can and can't do especially in your own house. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->