Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

How are you sterilising the pool?

We got a drinking water safe hose yesterday to go with the pool and going to order my birth kit today when hubby gets home with the order form (want to make sure there isn't anything else I want to order)...

xx

Can you get Milton fluid out there NKD? I used that diluted and washed it out with it :)

I was going to use that ^ ^ ^ but we don't have any. We DO have lots of Milton tablets.... (people keep giving me them even tho they KNOW I want to bf - I've let them know so they don't give me bottles or formula or anything you see, but they think I'm gunna Milton my nips?!!!) I was wondering if it would be ok to mix up the milton tabs in the right amount of water and use that, or whether it would be better to just get the fluid :shrug:

Hi gals, Would love to join you. This is my second pregnancy. First one was in hospital. I almost had a c section but refused. They said as long as baby was fine it was okay. 18 hr labor 4 hours of pushing. After watching the Business of Being Born I understand.. nothing like being induced and I had the epidural for 15 minutes, but was taken out due to high bp from my son. I prefer to be home and have an all natural water birth if possible. I did do hypnobirthing with my son. I think it was wonderful and would love to refresh my memory on it..

Also, My due date is Jan 19, 2011.

Can you get Milton fluid out there NKD? I used that diluted and washed it out with it :)

I'm not too sure, I asked DH and he was like - :huh: - kind of unsurprisingly, I'll ask MIL when I get a chance... What would you do, wipe it down or fill it and slosh it around?

Merv's Mum -thanks for the blinkie -YAY!! Just noticed this haha -and was wanting one for so long too xxx

Am going to order my birthing pool today -Aquaborn ecopool- anyone heard of it?? I am a bit apprehensive as I still have 7 weeks to go and 4 weeks until considered full term for home delivery but the company have now discontinued the size I need and they have kept me one aside if I order it today. I think I'll just go and order it lol -I mean I WILL get my home birth (and WILL have time to fill it up lol) so WILL need it lol - PMA PMA PMA !!!!!

Not long now Urbanpumpkin -Good Luck, hope it all start real soon

And congrats to LolaAnn -OMG this thread moves really quickly lol

Welcome Shaerichelle x

Hope all other mum, babies, bumps and mums to be are good today

xx

Madasa/NKD - Milton tablets diluted are the same as the fluid just cheaper. I BF but I have tablets in for bleaching baby's vests and white cloth nappies! They are genius! Oh and my dish cloths!! :lol: So they wont go to waste ;) And I'd make some up, chuck it in and give it a good wash like you were cleaning the bath tub out. I packed mine away after doing that then on the day we needed it, I made some more and gave it a wipe over before filing it. I bet the baby section in the US has an equivalent for cold water sterilising :)

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to say i asked my MW about home birth, and was all set for the whole knock back, but she seemed ok, she did say, 'we want ladies to listen to us, and what matters is the health of mum and baby, because we get some ladies that are really adament etc..' but then she said, come in a week early for your next appointment and we'll fill out the forms and do a homecheck etc...
soooo it's looking good so far for me! :happydance::happydance:

I just want to say thanks for all the advice i've read in here, as i felt well prepared to face more opposition from the MW, you're all an inspiration ladies!:hugs:

So all going well, could you put me down for a hopeful homebirth, i'm due July 14th with my first baby, a little boy!!

Thanks!!:hugs:

The senior midwife is coming to do a home check tomorrow, because I said I wanted to have the option of using a pool. So we have to inflate it tonight and put it in place and the SMW will come tomorrow morning and check that it meets health and safety regs.... that if I was to haemorrhage in the pool or pass out or something then there would be enough room for the MWs and OH to hoik me out. Not heard of this before, anyone else have the same?

Also.... considering my MW has been a little negative so far, I'm wondering if it's worth bringing up my concerns with the SMW in the morning, or whether to speak to my MW directly. Any thought appreciated :) :thumbup:

Thats a new one on me! It's funny how different thing are in different areas.....my mws didnt even check my house :shrug:

I'd see how the land lies....if the smw is more open and positive it might be worth a mention but if she's not you might be fighting an uphill battle....

Thanks - doesn't bode well really does it, it seems as though they are just very cautious with their policies here.... so I really doubt that changing MWs at this late stage would make any difference! It makes it harder to be objective and it is hard not to stress out about it.... and I am normally a pretty laid back person.... I really would like the MW who cares for me on the day to be very hands off, staying in the background, but it looks like the chances of that are pretty slim.

madasa - I hope everything goes just how you want it hon :flower:

Did anyone here have a GTT? I've been offered it but so far I've declined. I never got offered with DD but apparantly guidelines have changed re: BMI and now its over 30 rather than 35.

I just don't want it to open a can of worms re: induction and hospital birth, not to mention my dislike of needles. Opinions would be much appreciated ladies

:hugs:

Hi Lovelies can you add me to the list please? I raised the hb hope with MW on Friday and they claim to be really pro-homebirth round here :) Have also emailed my local hypnobirthing practitioner today and would like to combine the two :D EDD 18th November :flower:

Merv's Mum -thanks for the blinkie -YAY!! Just noticed this haha -and was wanting one for so long too xxx

Am going to order my birthing pool today -Aquaborn ecopool- anyone heard of it?? I am a bit apprehensive as I still have 7 weeks to go and 4 weeks until considered full term for home delivery but the company have now discontinued the size I need and they have kept me one aside if I order it today. I think I'll just go and order it lol -I mean I WILL get my home birth (and WILL have time to fill it up lol) so WILL need it lol - PMA PMA PMA !!!!!

Not long now Urbanpumpkin -Good Luck, hope it all start real soon

And congrats to LolaAnn -OMG this thread moves really quickly lol

Welcome Shaerichelle x

Hope all other mum, babies, bumps and mums to be are good today

xx

I ordered a Aquaborn pool and am very excited for it. :) I like that it's deep and has lots of handles. I also like that it has a lid as well. Both the companies that sell home birthing supplies have said good comments about them, so I am not worried. I haven't received mine yet as it was not shipping out until this week, but I'm choosing to pick it up after June 12th when my aunt and uncle visit. They don't know I'm planning a home birth and would FLIP if they found out.

Hi Lovelies can you add me to the list please? I raised the hb hope with MW on Friday and they claim to be really pro-homebirth round here :) Have also emailed my local hypnobirthing practitioner today and would like to combine the two :D EDD 18th November :flower:

Where in Kent are you, just out of curiosity? I moved down to Folkestone 3 weeks ago, and I'm hoping I'll succeed with a home birth second time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->