Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm doing the scented candles thing too :thumbup: I love the smell of vanilla so that will be it :lol:
I had a full on cooked breakfast when i was in labour last time :rofl:

I've been rather quiet in here lately as its still early days for me. However just got a letter this morning saying I have a group B haemolytic streptococcus in my urine and need antibiotics now and they offer IV antibiotics in labour. Anyone else had this and gone on to have a homebirth? I just feel like it one more battle I'm going to have to fight.The though of going anywhere near a hospital while in labour and being railroaded in to doing things therir way brings me out in a cold sweat. I cried and cried this morning when I got the letter but been a work and unable to reasearch it until now.

Just because you have strep b NOW doesnt mean you will have in labour :) I'd push fir regular testing from 36wks onwards ;)

I'm doing my research now. My partner fortunatly is a trained microbiologist and so is happy to still support my wish for a home birth.
My only worry is I will still be colonised at 36 weeks and coersed into attending hospital when it isn't necessary.
We have made a pact that should I still be a carried when I go in to labour to stay at home unless.
i go into labour before 37 weeks ( it would be hospital then anyway)
My membranes have been ruptured for over 18hours, or I have a temp during labour.

We shall say what my consultant has to say in a few weeks. The fear and stressed caused by me going in to hospital so far outweight the odds of a problem

Hello all! Thank you to everyone for your congratulations, congrats to any who have popped and HELLO to all new faces! I haven't been able to log on for the last few days, and the thread has steamed ahead without me. i haven't caught up yet, but I will!

- -

In brief - Louisa was born at 2.38am on Tuesday 8.6.2010. She weighed 8lbs 7oz, head circ 36cm, apgars 8 and 10. I had some gas and air towards the end and she was born at home, in water. I caught her myself. I'd say it was amazing, but that doesn't even begin to describe it....

I had to transfer to hosp for a stubborn placenta and unexplained pyrexia. They managed to do a manual extraction in the hosp without a spinal or surgery, but i had to stay in for 24hrs for anti biotics, in case the high temperature was due to infection. Just when i thought i was going home, the paediatrician checked Louisa and was concerned about her breathing. She had to go to NICU for a couple of days, and once she was discharged from there she had to stay on the ward with me for observation for another 24hrs.... they don't like babies to leave special care and go straight home, which is fair enough. We got home today. I am relieved to be home, and despite the problems, I am already missing being pregnant and thinking nostalgicly about the birth.... I think I'll need to do it just one more time in a couple of years!

https://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/Chuffy020/DSCF3892.jpg

^ ^ seconds after she was born :)

https://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/Chuffy020/DSCF3930.jpg

https://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/Chuffy020/27836_433514347149_665072149_573659.jpg

https://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/Chuffy020/27836_433552457149_665072149_573785.jpg

https://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/Chuffy020/23365_433804572149_665072149_574406.jpg

^ ^ with big bro :D

She's beautiful. What a wee drama after such a lovely birth. glad you're now both home and well.

:cloud9: Well done Madasa!! I had a little lump in my throat where you talked about catching her!! WOW! Well she was born at home which is wonderful just a shame about your naughty placenta!! :lol: But alls well that ends well :hugs:

Congrats - she's just adorable!

The first picture of you holding her in the pool is incredible....I'm welling up again!

Awwww totally gorgeous little girl :cloud9: Sorry about the placenta but you're home now :)

Congrats Madasa, she is beautiful, and big Bro looks soo proud!! x

The first picture of you holding her in the pool is incredible....I'm welling up again!

Thank you! My mum took this! it was very soon after i lifted her out of the water. one of the mws "arent you going to see what youve got?" After looking forward to that moment (finding out the sex myself) for so long, id completely forgotten to even look! Then they asked if I had a name for her and I looked up and said Louisa.... that pic is that moment. It was one of the rare times i managed to drag my eyes off her tbh! :)

Stop it!! :cry: :cloud9: This is the kind of thing that has me bugging my hubby for another one!! :lol:

Ahhhhh Madasa well done, she's beautiful! First day back on here for me and lovely to see your pics :) Same weight and hc as Noah too lol xx

I'm gonna have to write my birth story soon, think I'll get it on tonight, after checking my notes, turns out second stage wasn't 8 minutes like I thought, but 4!!!!! Anyways, that to come, and i'll try catch up with the thread :D

Congrats Madasa!! :) She's beautiful!!

I've been rather quiet in here lately as its still early days for me. However just got a letter this morning saying I have a group B haemolytic streptococcus in my urine and need antibiotics now and they offer IV antibiotics in labour. Anyone else had this and gone on to have a homebirth? I just feel like it one more battle I'm going to have to fight.The though of going anywhere near a hospital while in labour and being railroaded in to doing things therir way brings me out in a cold sweat. I cried and cried this morning when I got the letter but been a work and unable to reasearch it until now.

I've refused Strep B testing, because it's utterly useless... If I had it then I wouldn't have the antibiotics anyway, because they can cause more problems (kill off good bacteria which might have kept more dangerous bacteria than Strep B at bay...) and as Mervs Mum said - your status can change by the time of birth anyway, even if you do wait until 36 weeks or later to have a test....

My MW has given me an alternative therapy (a very effective one) of taking probiotics, immune system boosting supplements and sticking a clove of garlic up my vag - not the nicest thing (and honestly I've been feeling so sicky recently, I only managed to do one nights worth - but it relieved some itchiness etc down there I've had, that I put down to yeast infection) but it kills off bad bacteria, with no side effects to bubs (aside from the possibility of her coming out with garlic breath :haha:)...

Here's some interesting info & basically what my MW provided me with to an extent:

https://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/group-b-streptococcus.html

xxx

Huge congratulations!! She is just utterly beautiful :cloud9:

Like MM, I adore that piccie of you holding her - it makes me so excited and so happy for you. You look on top of the world :hugs:

xxx

Congrats again Madasa -Louisa is adorable!!

Glad you are both home and doing well now.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->