Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Madasa - she is beautiful! I love the pic of her and her big bro, it is priceless! So glad you had your home birth.

Janie - congrats! I love your birth story!

You both have me tearing up this morning! :)

Thanks girls, TBH I dident like her at all. OH was at work so i took my mam with me. The DR thought i was my mam, now i know my mam still looks young but im sorry she dose not look 22. I felt she was patronising and spoke to me like i was thick untill i stood up to her about the homebirth. Only then did she treat me like an adult.

My mam came out laughing, when i asked her why she just laughed some more and said "you tell them girl" So even my mam picked up on her attitude.

I dont think the consultant likes me :blushh:

She told me i wasent alowed a home birth so i told her she wasent allowed to stop me :rofl:

She tryed to back track saying she had just picked the wrong words!!!

On yourself Lozzy :lol:

Good for you telling the doctor what for!:thumbup:

I dont think the consultant likes me :blushh:

She told me i wasent alowed a home birth so i told her she wasent allowed to stop me :rofl:

She tryed to back track saying she had just picked the wrong words!!!

Haha!! That's hilarious! Well done you!! :thumbup:

I probably could have worded it better but it just came out :rofl:

morning ladies!
this is a bit of a pointless post, but i'm soooo excited!
My La Bassine just arrived!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
I'm so desperate to try it..
Did anyone else try theirs out without a liner, and just gave it a good clean after, or should i just wait...

Yeah i don't actually have a liner either, was wondering if it'd be safe to use before, and then clean it, and use it for the birth?

I went for my 34 week scan yesterday and placenta is in the right place, so tomorrow my midwife will be taking down the details for my home birth :happydance: also birth plan is pretty much done. If LO hasn't arrived by 39weeks then i am having a private scan just to make sure everything is ok and then birth :happydance:

Hi girls, Ive been pointed in this direction by the ladies in 3rd trimester forum. I have decided on a home birth but would just like some information on what happens, when I should expect a visit from my MW to talk to me about it as I have no information at the minute and this is starting to make me feel a little reluctant :dohh:.. What do they discuss at this visit and is there anything that I can do to prepae for the arrival of my little man???? Any advice would be greatly received..xx

Hi Nini :)

you can talk to your MW anytime about home birth but they tend not to do anything until around 34/36 wks. I'd certainly talk to her at your next appointment and find out what their procedures are. I didnt decide to have a HB till I was further along than you are now. It takes next to no organising :)

Ok thats good cos I have an appt with her next week so i will mention it and see what she says. I'm getting a little nervous now as its getting closer and my friend went into labour at 31weeks and i no the chance of that happening to me is rare and i know they would take me to hospital for that but it just puts things into perspective..x

You cant give birth at home before you are full term anyway just as you wouldnt go to a Birth Centre or MW led unit before 37 weeks - they cant deal with prem babies either. :)

Just got a call from the community matron, and have arranged to see her on thurs, hopefully all will be ok, i don't want to complain or give out about anybody, and certainly don't want to become a pain in peoples butts , so i really hope she's supportive and doesn't automatically take the same view as the other MW, feeling a bit nervous now!

good 4 u lozzy!! i love how u put the consultant in their place, ha ha! :haha:

me too.....I am almost as fast typing one handed now as with two!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"