Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

It's an uninhibited, oxytocin fueled smile if I ever saw one! :cloud9:

Big congrats Madasa!:hugs:
Louisa is just gorgeous, as are the pics, can't wait for mine now!

What a picture, and an even more precious story to go with it! I'm just gushing... such a great story behind that piccie. Your little girl is beautiful. Congrats madasa!

Right, it's taken me ages! https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-a...rival-noah-albert-07-06-10-a.html#post5750674

Enjoy, if you make it to the end :haha:

lovely pics madasa, shes adorable, big brother looks so chuffed bless.....

so glad you got to birth at home and hospital was there for when u needed it (just as it should be) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

enjoy your bundle!!!

:lol: I couldnt bear the G&A at the end but I was sucking on it like the ship was going down about an hour before!

I was really hoping my mw would forget about the G&A when I transferred to hospital so that I could have some when I got back home :haha:

Congratulations, madasa!

Glad you are back home now and that all is well. Lovely photos!

I was really hoping my mw would forget about the G&A when I transferred to hospital so that I could have some when I got back home :haha:

I've still got 3 cans of the stuff in my hall, totally untouched, and sealed dammit!!! :haha:

Congrats Madasa!! :) She's beautiful!!

I've been rather quiet in here lately as its still early days for me. However just got a letter this morning saying I have a group B haemolytic streptococcus in my urine and need antibiotics now and they offer IV antibiotics in labour. Anyone else had this and gone on to have a homebirth? I just feel like it one more battle I'm going to have to fight.The though of going anywhere near a hospital while in labour and being railroaded in to doing things therir way brings me out in a cold sweat. I cried and cried this morning when I got the letter but been a work and unable to reasearch it until now.

I've refused Strep B testing, because it's utterly useless... If I had it then I wouldn't have the antibiotics anyway, because they can cause more problems (kill off good bacteria which might have kept more dangerous bacteria than Strep B at bay...) and as Mervs Mum said - your status can change by the time of birth anyway, even if you do wait until 36 weeks or later to have a test....

My MW has given me an alternative therapy (a very effective one) of taking probiotics, immune system boosting supplements and sticking a clove of garlic up my vag - not the nicest thing (and honestly I've been feeling so sicky recently, I only managed to do one nights worth - but it relieved some itchiness etc down there I've had, that I put down to yeast infection) but it kills off bad bacteria, with no side effects to bubs (aside from the possibility of her coming out with garlic breath :haha:)...

Here's some interesting info & basically what my MW provided me with to an extent:

https://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/group-b-streptococcus.html

xxx

I didn't ask to be tested, it turned up on a routine urine test. I would have refused to be tested if asked. They have given me huge yellow stickers to put on my notes about intrapartum antibiotics which I have refused to put on my notes. My partner fully supports me in this. He saw how distressed I became at the thought of going in to hospital (as a side note hospitals in themselves don't scare me, I'm a nurse).
I would go to a midwife lead unit but its over 20miles away and Oh doesn't drive. The consultant lead unit it 5 minutes away but its too easy for the midwives there to just pile intervention on intervension as happened last time.
Appointment with consultant in 2 weeks to discuss home birth and I expect a scrap on my hands just need to not get over emotional and cry.

Janie - fantastic birth story CONGRATS!

Madasa - Congrats again! Love the pics, esp the first!! Amazing!

Madasa - I LOVE that first photo of you both - it is AMAZING!!
What a great birth - sorry you had to transfer at the final moment. And as I found once you are in hospital you can't get out!!

Janie - great story!!

Right that is it I am going to have to get pregnant again to have my homebirth!!!

I dont think the consultant likes me :blushh:

She told me i wasent alowed a home birth so i told her she wasent allowed to stop me :rofl:

She tryed to back track saying she had just picked the wrong words!!!

What a massive waste of time, OMG my bmi at booking in was 1 point over the "acceptable" point. Iv lost weight since then, told the consultant and did she offer to weight be again? Did she hell

Sorry girls but that appointment anoyed me, it was nothing but a huge waste of time and resources.

I dont think the consultant likes me :blushh:

She told me i wasent alowed a home birth so i told her she wasent allowed to stop me :rofl:

She tryed to back track saying she had just picked the wrong words!!!

What a massive waste of time, OMG my bmi at booking in was 1 point over the "acceptable" point. Iv lost weight since then, told the consultant and did she offer to weight be again? Did she hell

Sorry girls but that appointment anoyed me, it was nothing but a huge waste of time and resources.

:hugs: stick to your ground hun x

Deffo stand your ground Lozzy :hugs: Sounds like a waste of time to me, and they often try scare tactics! As long as all continues to go well for you they have no grounds to tell you no!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->