Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Good for you Lozzy - I have not had any resistance thankfully cos if I had I probably would have just sat there and went 'okay' and then cried all the way home .Good on you girl !!!!!

Nini - Hi and welcome, I first mentioned homebirthing to my mw at 28 weeks ,and she just said okay - i'll put your name down. Now I am (impatiently this week lol :wacko:) waiting on the home birth team contacting me to discuss things further. I have a mw appt tomorrow so I will ask them then - I know I am only just 36 weeks today but would like some confirmation of what happens next etc lol :haha::haha:

Madasa and MM -I cant wait to get to bf my lil one - Oh so cant wait!!! -it is one of the true joys of mothering IMO :cloud9::cloud9:

Hope all mummies, babies and bumps are well
xx :hugs: xx

DH blew my birth pool up last night! :happydance:... By mouth! :shock: And he's still alive!!!! :yipee: :rofl:

I'm trying to find some Clary Sage Oil around here and can't...not sure whether to order some room spray off of Etsy and hope it gets here in time, or to keep searching for some essential oil in the stores and make my own (because then I can make other things - eg massage oil....)... Hmm...

NightKD :shock: at OH blowing the pool up! I hope it's staying up now! :rofl: and also :shock: youre due at the end of the week!

NightKD :shock: at OH blowing the pool up! I hope it's staying up now! :rofl: and also :shock: youre due at the end of the week!

I know! He was in a mood because some storms yesterday fried his computer....and I was asking about the foot pump we STILL hadn't got yet, so he got all moody, so I just went and had a bath and when I came out, he'd blown up the pool!! :lol:

I'm pretty sure it is...Maybe I should go and check?! :rofl:

I know! Or next Monday by my dates...I have a MW appointment tomorrow though, I'm curious to see what she says in terms of me going overdue - a couple of people have asked about it....Bean was pretty damn quiet yesterday, almost had me worrying (she's livened up a bit more today though) so I'll be mentioning that to the MW; I don't know what would happen in terms of induction and so on....I wonder if she'll offer me a sweep tomorrow?

I guess because you're effectively private there you might be able to ask for a sweep rather than wait to be 'offered' one. If you're not opposed to them I'd take them. I had sweeps from 38 wks with Hebe and Sid for various reasons and I think they helped get things moving. Emily (eldest) was 10 days over due and induced and I didnt want to get anywhere near all that malarky. :lol:

I guess because you're effectively private there you might be able to ask for a sweep rather than wait to be 'offered' one. If you're not opposed to them I'd take them. I had sweeps from 38 wks with Hebe and Sid for various reasons and I think they helped get things moving. Emily (eldest) was 10 days over due and induced and I didnt want to get anywhere near all that malarky. :lol:

SUPER Deja Vue!! :wacko:

I was considering the option of giving myself one (I'd talk to my MW about it beforehand) actually, I'd much prefer to have a couple of sweeps to avoid a full blown induction!! :thumbup:

Hi ladies!!

I know im not next on the list but i just wanted to let you know im having my sweep today at 11.45 and im soo hoping it will trigger things in the right direction!!

I woke yesterday to backache and cramping but it was random and eased off by mid morning so it was signs that im getting ready.

I havent had a sweep before so i dont know what to expect in the after effects of one i assume a bit of blood and goo in my knickers and possibly some cramping but not sure what to do after?

Do i go for a walk or rest? bounce on birth ball? carry on as if nothing has occured or think labour thoughts?

any suggestions ladies!!!

oooooo i'd love to have this baby before w-end!!!!

I've tried both ways after sweeps - keeping going and doing nothing. I honestly believe you should go about your normal business and be relaxed. If you like bouncing then go for it but I think it's more important to encorage the flow of oxytocin which occurs when you are relaxed and happy :) If it's going to work, it just will ;)

Hello ladies, finally managed to get on the laptop...site takes to long to load on my phone.

Still no movement this end (although having sporadic pains over the last few days). Midwife is coming out to do a sweep tomorrow as you have to be 5 days late here for one of the community midwives to do one.

Am officially fed up though...come on Freddie we all want to meet you!

Hope all the other due ladies are doing well and the new mummies are settling in with their bubbas!

TTFN xx

well ladies im 3 cms dilated!!!

Cervix is favourable and effaced and waters are bulging!!!!

So excited, ive had twinges and feel really achy in the pelvis since ive come back and after letting everyone know have just got on with pottering round the house.

Picking up george soon and will get on with dinner so just hope things progress.................. fingers crossed!!!!!!

Send me baby labour vibes!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

I haven't done a hospital bag yet, but wondered would I really need to do one if im having a home birth? Im not doing any long car journeys so will always be within 45mins of home

How exciting! Good luck Rebecca!
Jani, I just had a box with everything in it for the home birth and gave hubby a list of what would come out of it and with me if I needed to go anywhere

Do one! I didn't get round to it and I wish i had. if you DO have to go transfer to hosp, it might be because things are not going so smoothly.... last thing you want to be thinking about is how many scratch mitts to pack.... and if you are indisposed (like i was) your OH will NOT pack the right sort of pants or the right clothes or enough maternity pads or or or.... do it yourself beforehand, so much easier! And include snacks!

I agree with madasa on the bag. I was so glad I had packed one as it meant I didn't have to focus on that. I put a little note on top of it with a list of things that needed to be added at the last minute like snacks and my dressing gown.

I only put the basics in to get me through a day or two, MrU brought more stuff as needed, but having a pair of pyjamas, decent sized towels, some breast pads, and toiletries the next morning before he was allowed in was amazing - made the unexpected hospital experience bearable as at least I had some of my own things rather than just hospital provided stuff.

I think it was more of a psychological help than practical one as it made me feel a bit more in control of the situation.

And when you don't need it then at least you have stuff you need in one handy location at home!

And well done on sorting out your consultant, Lozzy! Well said.

Labour vibes to Rebecca.

Thank you :) I shall go and prepare one :flower: And will get hubby to do his one as well just in case

I saw my midwife today and everything is still on and she is doing a home visit on Monday to get things organised :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->