Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Can i ask you ladies if you found it easy to get everyone to agree to a home birth? like midwife/partner etc..

Good luck Pops!!!

Ley - I chose a midwife who was pro natural and home birth so it wasn't a problem for me. I also was within the guidelines in our province for being able to have a homebirth or else she couldn't legally deliver at home. My DH took a while to convince, but one he learned the stats and such and saw how important it was to me he cane around. :). We also didn't tell anyone we knew wouldn't be supportive.

Well as a midwife no one going to argue with me!:haha:

Oh, family and friends (the ones i told) had some reservations but they trusted my instincts. My antenatal care was done by my close friend and I was attended by a lovely midwife who is very pro homebirth, I met her around 34weeks as my friend couldn't guarantee being there for the birth.

I know I'm very lucky as I'm in the field so if I had any concerns they would have been from instinct and professional knowledge.

:happydance: Come on Missy and meet your mommy and daddy! I'm so excited for you Pops!!

Was hoping to wake up to some news from Pops :lol: Hope everything is going well :hugs:

I havent slept a wink!! :lol:

No updates but I do keep trying to remind myself that my waters went 10 hours before my labour even started at home! So hopefully things are progressing for Pops, Boyo and Missy or she managed a bit more rest than I did!!

x

Good Luck pops -hope it all goes well, and quick xx

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies -as you heard, my home birth didn't go ahead as Dawson was term + 14 and I had to go in to be induced at the end. BUT... worked out for the best, fetal distress, meconium present and shoulders got stuck so it was hugely scary and frantic at the end and I am just SO glad he is here now and safe. Needed assisted delivery (stirrups, forceps OUCHIE ... espec with spd ) and resus, then they kept us both in over night for observation but he is fab now and even I am beginning to feel human lol. -even managed out without crutches this week lol.

Thanks for all the support and advice over the past few months -still feel sad that I'll never experience the wonder and joy of a home birth but am so in love with my wee guy that it pales into significance with the joy of having him.

love to all mums, babies and bumps xxxx

Well done Wanna ;) He's a wee cracker. Thinking of pops, hope her wee one is out and she's enjoying cuddles this morning.

Can i ask you ladies if you found it easy to get everyone to agree to a home birth? like midwife/partner etc..

Last time round dh wasn't sure at first, but in the end there was no real reason for his concern except that he 'felt' that' it must be safer in hospital so he came around. I wasn't for budging though and he did end up being a great source of support. I had to fight with my GP and had negativity from , several m/ws.
This time they asked me if I planned another h/b and when I said yes they referred me to the dedicated homebirth team. Dh was totally on board this time too.

I haven't mentioned it to my midwife yet. At my booking appointment I was told I would need to have consultant led care as I was under a consultant cardiologist having diagnostic tests.
I have since had the all clear from all of the tests so I am hoping this means I will be able to have normal midwifery care and a home birth.
I don't have another appointment until 16 weeks so will have to talk to her about it then.

My husband seems ok with the idea but some other family members are unsure.

Hey all,

Another hopeful homebirther here, due in 3 weeks, go on standby this weekend! Feeling very calm about it all, going to do a trial run with the pool next week and need to keep practicing my hypnobirthing. Really hope all goes well, good luck to anyone else due soon!

I haven't mentioned it to my midwife yet. At my booking appointment I was told I would need to have consultant led care as I was under a consultant cardiologist having diagnostic tests.
I have since had the all clear from all of the tests so I am hoping this means I will be able to have normal midwifery care and a home birth.
I don't have another appointment until 16 weeks so will have to talk to her about it then.

My husband seems ok with the idea but some other family members are unsure.

I hope you get a good response from your healthcare team. Do your homework in the mean time, go with what you want and then be firm and informed in your discussions.
Unfortunately as it's not the norm disaproving family members go with the territory. One even phoned my mum and asked her to talk me out of it :lol: Yet this time around everyone just assumed it was another homebirth and is much more relaxed about it.
People tend to be unsure about the unfamiliar but the more confident and informed in your choices that you are, the less sway others opinions have.
Good luck.

Hey all,

Another hopeful homebirther here, due in 3 weeks, go on standby this weekend! Feeling very calm about it all, going to do a trial run with the pool next week and need to keep practicing my hypnobirthing. Really hope all goes well, good luck to anyone else due soon!
Welcome :)

could any newbies please PM me your details so I can update the front page? I am up to my eyeballs in work at the moment so I'm neglecting you all somewhat :blush:

Pretty sure there are only 2-3 before me now :wohoo: :wohoo:

Grrrr looks like iv got SPD, dose any one know if my consultant can try to use this as an excuse to get me to go to hospital? Shes allready being a pain in the arse about my homebirth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->