Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Has anyone else read the abominable article in the daily mail...? I started a thread about it in the debate section...

Congrats Roc! I loved your story! It's been said before but planning a home birth is empowering, and you can influence your experience regardless of where you are. You can still be a "homebirther" in hospital... It's a state of mind!

Hi everyone! I am not expecting yet but would love to have a home birth for many reasons I'm sure most of you share ;) Starting my research early and hoping to actually find a midwife in my area :thumbup:

Sorry to be a pain :lol: just been ding some catching up on everyone here, and noticed im not on the list on the 1st page still :(

Congrats Roc, and wow at his size!!

Congrats Roc! I loved your story! It's been said before but planning a home birth is empowering, and you can influence your experience regardless of where you are. You can still be a "homebirther" in hospital... It's a state of mind!

Thanks madasa, i totally agree!:hugs:
I truly don't feel an regrets about not having 'my perfect homebirth', i feel great about it, and very proud of what i achieved, and i know it was down to being a "homebirther" in hospital!

Just a wee update from me! After my negative post after my midwife appointment on Tuesday, my MW has just been round and delivered the homebirth box. She has also been really positive about the chances of me getting the homebirth, and has made me feel quite excited again now! Plus she knows where the pool is and has given me the details so I can get a liner for it online. So, fingers crossed, maybe just maybe, it might all work out!!

:wohoo: Asher i cant wait to hear your birth since no doubt your LO will be here before mine now :lol:

Congratulations Roc and well done!! Dylan is GORGEOUS!!

Asher - so pleased things are a bit more positive now!! :hugs: Good luck with your homebirth :D

Am I bein silly? I'm feelin a bit negative today...so probably not in the best frame of mind but I'm going to do a sort out of baby things and make a list of things I need. I feel like I'm tempting fate if I do my homebirthing list too :blush: I'm having one of them "what if baby is breech, what if I am StrepB pos, What if, what if, what if...?"

When did you guys prepare for HB? With DD I didnt do it til 36 weeks as I thought I'd end up with csection for low lying placenta. It wasnt til 36 weeks I was scanned and all clear for HB.

My iron levels and feratin levels are high enough for MW to be completly fine with me having a homebirth. Iron was 11.5 and feritin was 19 (should have been 20) but she said it will rise by 37 weeks. Im just so happy :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: it shows that if you push for a HB the midwives often come round to them as she was complelty against it at 1st

Great stuff!!! :happydance:

I didn't know there was a limit on ferratin? Mine was 16 at last bloods - is that low?? I will have to get back on the Spatone before next bloods!

Mine were really low last time. it might be diffrent in diffrent places my MW likes 20. But ive got them up from about 8-10 since 29 weeks so you should be fine if you havent been told otherwise. Im so over the moon.
I will get my homebirth visit sometime next week. They arrange it on the week you have it so they know what their work load is.

Yes im really glad. At 1st she was saying no becuase of a bleed i had. But now that never even gets mentioned as a consern. The only thing she said is, at the appointment they will have to go through reasons you maybe transfered. She actually said to her this gives a bad tint the the appointment and it would be alot nicer with out it. It shocked me how supportive she was :D

SPD or not, the only way im having a needle in my back is if i need a section. The thought of it gross's me out.

I didn't even want a needle in my back if I was having a section.... Then I went into labour....and it lasted forever and then I just didn't care because I was focussing so much on managing my contractions :lol: Stupid genetics meaning I inherited my mum's stubborn cervix :rofl: Is it bad that I'm already gearing up for my second attempt at a home birth? E is only 2 months old :lol: Now that my stupid lazy cervix knows what the plan is, I'm looking forward to a smooth, fast, home birth with DD2 or DS :winkwink:

No, I'm not pregnant...probably. =/ :haha:

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in because I haven't been on BnB much or in here for AGES and say congrats to those who have had their babies now and good luck to those who are yet to have their babies!! Labouring at home was the best thing ever....although I was relieved to get a chance to rest having gone into hospital, after I'd slept I was eager to go back home on more than one occasion... It's just so lovely to be able to move around in your own home to find different places to manage the contractions/pressure waves... Plus I passed several hours in my birth pool playing Xbox with DH :rofl:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->