Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Sounds great Due :) yep, best case scenario is a nice turned baby :lol:

I know someones whos baby was breech adn the MW gave her loads of diffrent things to do to get baby to turn. Did you not get given any advice on that?

hello :)
may i please join you, im am really hoping for a homebirth this time, this is my fourth baby and have never had any complications etc really hope i get one
im 8 weeks 6 days so still along way to go due 9th april 2011 but think it will change at my scan.

Trumpetbum: here's a breech homebirth story that you might find interesting - https://www.cafemom.com/journals/re...ted_Surprise_Breech_Birth_of_Serenity_DaniLyn

Welcome Jessop27! Congratulations on your bump! x

welcome jessop27 i hope you have a happy and healthy 9months and get the homebirth you want

I know someones whos baby was breech adn the MW gave her loads of diffrent things to do to get baby to turn. Did you not get given any advice on that?

Yeah, we did discuss it and I'm getting an exercise ball which might help, good thing is he's been variable so seems to have the room to move. Fx'd.

Hey, I'm jumping on board early but I have been planning a homebirth even before I started TTC. This is my first and I am starting to think about finding a midwife but I'm not sure how early I should look for one. I will be going with an independent. I know of a few in my area and my doctor attends homebirths so he knows quite a few. I guess the first step would be to talk to him.

Homebirth is really looking good :D
I went to a parent and birth education class yeesterday and the MW there was so positive about homebirths its unbeleiveable.
She suggested maybe i rent a tens machine, as i aint even having petadine brough to the house so a mixture of tens and gas and air to get me through the labour did anyone else use tens and did it work for them?

Could this baby be added to front page pls. I didnt realise i wasnt on for this baby I'm hoping for my second homebirth! My baby #2 is due 12th December :)

I used a TENS (the one from Lloyd's Pharmacy), and it was great. I also had gas and air, but I didn't like it, as it didn't do anything for me and kept distracting me (and therefore kept getting launched across the room!). I'll definitely use my TENS next time.

Yes i was only gonna use gas and air but someone suggested i used tens as well. I just not heard much about them tbh.

When I mentioned using a TENS at my midwife appointment, she suggested I bring it when I next saw her so she could show me how it works and answer any questions. Maybe yours would do the same? She also said to make sure I had extra batteries (I did but didn't have to use them). I had Jack in under 8 hours from my hindwaters breaking at home. The forewaters being artificially broken (the only type of "induction" I agreed to) and the presence of meconium made for a quick, hard labour - but that TENS did its job brilliantly. I realised later that I forgot to keep turning the dial up once I got to 7, as I was so focussed on the labour, so it could've been even more effective!

The MW did tell us of one true story of someone that went in who had been using tens at home and told her it was working wonders and the midwife then said to her. excuse me do you mind if i actually turn the tens machine on, it had all been pshycoligical as the womean forgot to turn it on at home. its amazing really. But she did say they were really good. yes i get it when im 38weeks and see MW at 39 so i will take it along and see if she will show me and DH what to do if i get to 39weeks :haha:
I think for £15 i might just risk it, as its not a major loss and its not liek the cost of buying one

Just remember, you must put it on in early labour. DH put mine on at the hospital, and I think I was about 4cm then, contractions were very bearable at the time. I just made sure I had it on before they broke my forewaters, as I didn't know how quickly it would escalate from there. Was happily bouncing away on my ball with my TENS for a good 4 hours.

I've been wondering about tens machines myself. I didn't have one with Aimee n didn't use entanox til 9cm as things were bareable up to then. How useful are they later in labour? I am hopin to ave a pool but I wasn't comfortable in water last time although it was the bath?? Thought of tens as a back up.

I had mine on right up until I was ready to push. I know I would've coped even better the last couple of hours if I'd remembered to keep turning the TENS up (and if I hadn't let that stupid doctor examine me and set me back mentally, but that's another story). Obviously, you can't have the TENS on if you're in the water, and you're supposed to have it on from the start. So, I think it'd work well if you decided to do all TENS or TENS and then water. But you couldn't really use water for pain relief for a long time and then go to TENS, as it wouldn't have much effect that late on. Hopefully that makes sense!

Yeh that makes sense hun, thanks. Kinda confirms what I was thinking. I think I might go with TENS up until I'm ready to get in the water (whenever that may be) I'd like to deliver in water but only if I am comfortable in there obviously.

My only concern is wanting to get bk out of the pool and then TENS being useless. Although I pushed without G&A as I lost focus when "on it" so I know I can do it, but remember thinkin "OWWWWWWWWWW" a lot! I'm looking for alternatives coz entanox isnt nice (for me) I dont like that feeling of losing control and everything being hazy!

I want to try water next time, too; so I'll be in the same predicament. I've heard if you take the TENS off after having used it a while (which you have to do to get in the pool), the pain you've been masking is huge. And, if that happens, I wonder if the pool would even offer relief. But if you do pool first, then the TENS may not be able to "catch up" if you get out. I think I'd be likely to use the TENS until the pushing stage and then hop in the pool. It'd be nice to hear from someone who's used both forms of pain control/relief in birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->