Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Well, i was booked for a homebirth and did get 98% of the way there.

Here is my birth story for those of you who havent seen it already :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...-traumatic-birth-story-full-detail-sorry.html

xxx

That's a lovely story! Congrats, your little one is gorgeous!! x

I need to get around to typing up a birth story! After my getting to over 37 weeks, I was all ready for a homebirth but just didn't have the time to organise it in the end! Sam decided that when he was coming, he was coming quickly! I did get the natural waterbirth I had wanted, and delivered the placenta naturally too, so that was fab. my little man arrived at 11.30pm on Weds 25th August, the day after my birthday! We were home 2 and a half hours later, so about as close to a homebirth as I could get! t some point when I have the energy, I'll type up a full story!!

Congratulations to mumof1+1 and Asher, glad to hear everything went well.x.

Congratulations mumof1+1 and Asher! xx

Well I have my first midwife appointment on Thursday, it will be the first time I bring up the home birth plans, not quite sure how they are going to react but we shall see.

Is anyone in charge of the first post on this thread anymore?

Hi all, congrats to all ladies who have had their babies recently!
As you may have noticed I am helping out mervs mum with updating the first page for awhile. You can post on here if you would like your name to appear on the front page or if you have had your baby and want me to add their birthday details. If your name hasn't appeared after you pmd mervsmum, please ask again and I'll pop it on. :flower:

Hi Kiwimama, thanks for taking over this thread...

I am down as LouLoubabs on Feb 11th, I think Mervs mum put my name down wrong as there is a louloubabs due earlier in the list.
I am now due on March 12th, it's my third baby but my first home birth.
Would you mind changing me please?
Thanks xx

Congats mumof1+1 and asher

My homebirth risk assesment visit has been provisionally booked for thursday this week (may change to friday depending on how busy they are on the day) im so excited to say my midwife was being really funny at the start i feel so close now :D

A HUGE thank you to Kiwimama to keeping the group going :hugs: I am so busy with work, kids and life in general, that I am neglecting you too much :( I am here is spirit and dont forget I am the UK distributer for one of the most inspirational books a home birth hopeful can read - Birthing The Easy Way by Sheila Stubbs. Available through the Spuggies shop (see my siggie) x

Too add to that i bought the book from Lisa and its FAB really asks questions it was really really good read :thumbup:

Congratulations mumof1+1 and asher :wohoo:

I am down as LouLoubabs on Feb 11th, I think Mervs mum put my name down wrong as there is a louloubabs due earlier in the list.
Thanks xx

Just noticed I put March and it's meant to be feb,
so sorry :blush:

You disappear after having a baby and there are a whole world of new faces! Many congrats to all those who have had their LO in the 10 weeks I have been away and a big hello to all the new faces!

Thanks xx

Just noticed I put March and it's meant to be feb,
so sorry :blush:

Done that. You are due on my birthday! :winkwink:

Blob - you are going to be having your baby anyday now!

I get my homebirth visit tomrrow. Got a call not long ago to say they have a big work laod today and it wouldnt have been my normal MW doing the visit if they would have fitted me in anyway so would i mind having it tomorrow which i dont. Im so excited however a little annoyed they can give me a time either today or tomorrow. All ive been told is it will bwe PM and i need to stay in from 12pm onwards until the midwife has been that bit will be just a little bit annoying :wacko:

Hope you're all well ladies. 34 week m/w appt, baby is oblique breech, variable lie and I think he was transverse during the week. M/w was fab, obviously had to sow the seed that if baby was transverse then there is really only one way for him to come out but left us to think about what we would want if baby was frank breech. So we need to discuss whether we would be going for section, hospital or homebirth.

Initial thoughts are mixed, and of course we don't need to start to worry until my 37 week check up, best case scenario is baby turns to a head down position but it would be nice to have a plan jic.
I don't see us going for a section with a frank breech and choosing a hospital breech vaginal birth has it's own problems, lack of experience with a breech birth in some m/ws, pressure towards a section by medical staff, do we go for an epidural due to increased risk of assisted delivery?
Breech homebirth carries a higher risk than a straightforward home delivery, but otoh we'd have a supportive m/w with experience delivering a vaginal breech.

So..lots of reading to do I think. One of the perks of having a school of health ATHENS password is access to good evidence based midwifery resources. Have popped a message on facebook to see if any of my friends have a birthball lying around and will be scrubbing my floors and watching TV upside down like a madwoman a' la Spinning babies.

Sorry to hear things arent going as planned trumpet. Maybe baby will turn before this?

I just had my homebirth visit, all very positive i can have my homebirth anyday from and including the 15th sept. Got a scan booked in for the 21st september as they do like to do a scan if they can to check babys size ect. In my area they dont ring the equipment round until your actually in labour. Im really excited about it all now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->