Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Less chance of a section because, if you're in hospital they're monitoring everything, have timelines, policies, doctors who like to manage everything. If you're at home, you end up doing most of the labouring there, moving and positioning yourself in ways that help you get to your goal and then only transfer in once you're to the point where you need that little bit of help to have baby. In hospital, they often "jump" to a section.

I've just read that back and am not sure if any of that made sense. I blame it on breastfeeding - just fed the baby and must've lost a bit of brain along with the milk or something! hehe

Hello!

After a fair few weeks of stalking everybody on here (yes I've read the entire thread from beginning to end!!) I thought I would introduce myself, my names Abby and I'm pregnant with baby number 2. After a less than satisfactory experience in hospital last time I'm looking at having a home birth.
It's been really inspiring reading all your stories and I will admit a bit emotional! !

welcome to the group, Abby! And can I just say... WOW! You read the whole thing??? You have my admiration....

Hello!

After a fair few weeks of stalking everybody on here (yes I've read the entire thread from beginning to end!!) I thought I would introduce myself, my names Abby and I'm pregnant with baby number 2. After a less than satisfactory experience in hospital last time I'm looking at having a home birth.
It's been really inspiring reading all your stories and I will admit a bit emotional! !

Congrats Abby! I am a bit like you in that I didn't have a good experience in hospital with my first and am looking forward to having a hb with my second.
If you let me know your due date I'll add you to the first page!

I have had two absolutely beautiful, gentle homebirths and am planning one for my third! If anyone has any questions about it feel free to PM me. :hugs:

Welcome Abby and cupboardlove.

There's still 11 people before me.
Just think that in a few short weeks you ladies will be holding your little ones!!

Can I ask you a question though?
Are you worried about what might happen if there are any complications??

I can't shake the feeling that my baby is going to be massive and will get stuck so I will need to transfer for an assisted birth.

I'm not particularly worried tbh, my last homebirth wasn't a straightforward birth and the management of my labour could have varied tremendously in hospital. I was a typical failure to progress, big baby for mums size, long tiring back to back labour etc. Being at home kept these complications managed with minimal intervention. I trust my midwife this time around which makes all the difference as last time it was pot luck who came out. There are two very experienced midwives on the homebirth team and I feel that I could trust their judgement if I needed to transfer.
Transfer itself isn't the end of the world for me as long as I know it is the right thing to do, which is where having these midwives is so important to me as last time round I would have wondered whether I really needed to transfer or whether they were being overcautious.
I feel that hospital is a safety net that we're blessed to have when and if we need it. I always feel that the transfer stories in this thread are very positive. there seems to be a mindset that goes with labouring at home where things are just calmer but maybe that's just me reading too much into it.

I agree with Trumpetbun. I am very confident my midwife will transfer me if the need arises. I am also keeping an open mind that needing to be transferred is not a bad thing, if it is needed for the safety of me or my baby.

Welcome lilprince. I'm sure with 2 homebirths under your belt you will be an invaluable source of information for the ladies here. Let me know if you would like me to add you to the first page.

Welcome ladies :hugs: :flower:

I saw my midwife last week for the first time since bookin coz she broke her wrist. It was great to see her and she's really hopin to deliver this baby now, it was touch n go as she though she was goin to need surgery. I do like the midwife who was 2nd in line but given this midwife delivered Aimee I feel a bit more comfortable and trust that transfer would only be if necessary. I would have been failure to progress if I was in hospital, I was also exhausted so I think things would have been sped up or I would have been "helped"

I loved my homebirth n hope this one is as lovely!

:D Midwife is coming to go my home assesment when i have my 36 week appointment so she will do that and go through my birth plan at the same time :D

5days until i will be allowed a homebirth. Hoping LO doesnt keep me waiting to much longer after those 5days

Hi KiwiMama,

My due date is currently the 5th April, but it may change after my first scan :)

Forgot to post in here... :wohoo:

Finally had my little girl 11 days overdue :cloud9: Was a 36 hour back to back labour :dohh: but totally totally an amazing experience. I'll write it all up on here tonight when she's feeding :haha:

Just checked the front page and I only have 5 people in front of me!!! only 5 weeks to dd, but I'm doubting I'll make it till then. (Hope I don't jinx myself and go over now! :haha:) Can't wait!!!

Well done blob. I am so so pleased that in the end you got the birth you so wanted. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->