Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Congratulations Blob!

:hi: Hi ladies - can I join you? :flower: I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my second, and am hoping for an HBAC. Haven't met my MW yet, but she is not impressed!! I spoke to her on the phone a few days ago, and she was incredibly negative about it all... *sigh*

Anyway, I've joined the yahoo email group and have been a very busy bunny educating myself about it all :)

:hi:
Another one wishing to join :flower:
Im currently 33 weeks with number 2. First homebirth though.
Sammi xx

I'm worried about the first meeting with the mw too, spoke to her on the phone and she didnt make a great first impression. . .you would think most mw's would want to empower the women they were looking after and encourage them to make their own decisions, unfortunately these mw's seem to be in the minority! :( She asks me, 'so where are you thinking of having the baby?' and then offers me two hospital options! hope this isn't going to be as hard as i think it is.... :(

good luck to everyone who is just beginning to broach the subject!

xx

Congrats Blob! I noticed on your ticker you'd had your baby but couldn't find the annoucement anywhere. Looking forward to reading your birth story!

Girls that want to be added, let me know your due date and I'll pop you on.

Congrats Blob! I noticed on your ticker you'd had your baby but couldn't find the annoucement anywhere. Looking forward to reading your birth story!

I'm due 18th April :D Thanks for the welcomes girls!

:hi: Kiwimama
I PM you with my due date. Hope you dont mind?! :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcomes too :flower:
xx

Can you add me? I am due May 13th 2011!:thumbup:

Hi to all the newbies, i hope everything goes well for the rest of your pregnancies and that you all get the homebirths you want :thumbup:

DH and I have finally chosen a middle name for a girl, so we are all ready to go :happydance: Now all we have to do is have this baby so we know whether its a boy or girl. I'm getting so anxious for baby to come, but I make sure I let baby know that it can come any time it feels ready, so I'm not rushing baby. Just anxious to meet our new LO!!

Welcome to all the new members! :hi:

Yes my baby can come anytime from wednesday. Im just wonder what i should do if i go into labour later in the evening tomorrow (unlikely thogght, feels like its never gnna happen) should i wait until 12.01am on wed to ring the MW as i aint allowed one until the 15th

Seems kinda silly, doesn't it? If you do go on Wed, its only a difference of a few hours until you are considered "term" If it were me, I would wait until 12:01 to call them :haha:

Yes thats exactly what i think its silly that one or 2 hours can make such a diffrence, but i though if i wait until like 12.01 there is no way of them being funny as is offically the 15th :rofl: doubt its gonna happen then though. Even though my sister is convinced i will have baby between today and 15th (not sure if she is jsut hoping becuase her sons birthday is on the 15th)

Everyone added up to here. :thumbup:

Good luck for your booking appt louiselou - hope the midwife is supportive. Do you have your own support person going with you to push your view if the midwife decides to throw a hissy at your idea of homebirth?

Saw the midwife, all in all quite positive! We had quite a thorough chat about an HBAC, and she said that she'll support us in our decision. I am seeing a consultant in a few weeks though, and she's already told me he'll try to convince me to go to hospital. The thing is, I'm considered 'high risk' due to a number of factors - previous C-Section, history of depression (though it was a long time ago) and I also had a heart defect as a baby... So it's not as simple as I thought... (I must have been classed as high risk with my son then?? I'm sure I wasn't...) Regardless, I remain sure that an HBAC is the right thing for us :D

Saw the midwife, all in all quite positive! We had quite a thorough chat about an HBAC, and she said that she'll support us in our decision. I am seeing a consultant in a few weeks though, and she's already told me he'll try to convince me to go to hospital. The thing is, I'm considered 'high risk' due to a number of factors - previous C-Section, history of depression (though it was a long time ago) and I also had a heart defect as a baby... So it's not as simple as I thought... (I must have been classed as high risk with my son then?? I'm sure I wasn't...) Regardless, I remain sure that an HBAC is the right thing for us :D

History of depression?? I can't see how that factors into a reason to being a high risk pregnancy... I think the only thing would be that you have a higher risk of pnd after birth, but that's not going to have any effect on your labour or birth...
What was the reason you had a c section last time if you don't mind me asking?
Make sure you take along your support person to see the consultant. Everything I've heard about them is they generally have a "my way or the highway" attitude.

Yes, I did query the depression thing too, but she filled out a whole section on it!! I've not had a relapse for about 7 years, and my last episode was triggered by an abusive ex who I am obviously no longer in contact with or anything. I did see a consultant during my last pregnancy because of that though, so am thinking I may well have been high risk then too though I can't see it says that anywhere on my notes (it doesn't say I was low risk either though!)

I had a section as my son was breech. We didn't find out until I was 42 weeks so had very few options :(

My husband is coming with me, and he's a lot better at getting his point across than I am - the midwife yesterday strongly recommended he comes with me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->