Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hope the consultant meeting goes well, at least you have a supportive midwife who sounds like she knows how to handle the consultants! :)

Ok so Tabs is eating and Rosalie in her carseat i will try and start this...

Background... baby was back to back and not even 'brim' at 10 days :dohh:

So 10 days overdue i woke up with contractions that were 5 mins apart (5am) went on bnb and sat and passed the time...a few hours later they stopped AGAIN :cry: well i hadnt got my hopes up so it wasnt too bad. Took Tabs to toddlers and they started up again :wohoo: but much further apart, carried on with my day going for lunch with a friend.
When i got home that night they were stronger but not closer together and really quite painful. We went out for a walk but nothing more, couldnt sleep that night so i think i maybe managed 2-3 hours but it was really sore :nope: It was so so frustrating that they were really painful but not close enough together.

Have to add here that Tabs had been a really fast labour with me being in no pain going into hospital to her being born 2 hours later...

Next morning DH wanted me to get the MWs out to get checked and they stayed quite a long time as Tabs had been so fast they were concered it was just going to all kick in :nope: They checked me over and she was still not turned and only 2cms :cry: the contractions were so sore and i was really getting exhausted by now (just over 24hrs) I knew i could cope until that night but not much longer with nothing happening.

The worst thing though was that the MWs kept asking me when i was having a contraction and then they would go quiet and all watch :blush: well that TOTALLY put me off and i just felt like i couldnt cope and i was totally out of control :cry: Was not a good few hours. Anyhoos MWs decided that they would leave us and to call when we needed them out again. I got in the bath and totally chilled out with them gone :D the contractions soon as they left got closer together and i could feel they were doing something :wohoo: :wohoo: I got out the bath and DH thought i was sleeping bless but i totally went into a trance, rememberd all the things the hypnobirthing book had said to me and it REALLY REALLY worked. I was totally totally in control, I sat on the toilet for a while as it was so comfy :haha: then i asked DH to phone the MWs back. I also found an amazing pain relief :rofl: I sat on the floor and gave myself pins and needles and then got DH to prod my feed during contractions...could not decide which pain to think about :haha:

Mws arrived and i asked that if i wasnt going to have the baby soon for them to please stay upstairs and leave me. I was 5cms however (which for me meant baby would be here soon) So we got in the pool as SOON as i got in the pool they came even faster :shock: My contractions have never been regular and were never with Tabs :wacko: am not sure why but never mind. The pool was amazing and i sat and watched Harry Potter in between :haha: Suddenly i had a nasty contraction and shouted for the G&A :lol: MWs were quite shocked as apparetly they didnt expect it... well i had two more contractions and then started to freak out as the head was coming down and i kept on saying i didnt want to push 'this bit hurt last time' :rofl: :rofl: But her head almost crowned with me just breathing her down :) then i leaned back and gave a small push and her head came out then one more contraction and her body :cloud9: She came out with her waters intact :) Was really cool but they burst in the water which apparently was even better as we didnt have to peal them away from her face.

She was born 8lb9 (though we were told on the day she was 8lb and only just learned they did the conversion wrong :dohh:) at 8.29 on the 9th Sep :cloud9:

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 32
aww what a wonderful story! :cloud9: Can't wait to see a picture :flower:

EDIT: she is adorable!

Congrats! Sounds like a brilliant birth.

I really need to write my birth story too!

Congrats Sarah - Rosalie is absolutely beautiful and you did great! Being born in the waters means she's going to have good fortune and be lucky in her life. :) I've added Rosalie's birth details to the first page too.

Yes, I did query the depression thing too, but she filled out a whole section on it!! I've not had a relapse for about 7 years, and my last episode was triggered by an abusive ex who I am obviously no longer in contact with or anything. I did see a consultant during my last pregnancy because of that though, so am thinking I may well have been high risk then too though I can't see it says that anywhere on my notes (it doesn't say I was low risk either though!)

I had a section as my son was breech. We didn't find out until I was 42 weeks so had very few options :(

My husband is coming with me, and he's a lot better at getting his point across than I am - the midwife yesterday strongly recommended he comes with me! :)

Well considering the section was for a breech birth, it's unlikely to affect this pregnancy. I don't think you're anymore likely to have a breech baby this time around as a woman who has never had one iygwim. I was a breech baby (undiagnosed, my mum had to have me naturally) but my younger sister was head down all the way.

Blob, what a fantastic positive experience! Congratulations! I'm so chuffed for you :D

Kiwi - I've read up quite a bit on the chances of a repeat breech and I'm confident this one will be the other way up! I'm getting increasingly confident that an HBAC is the best thing for us :D

x

I have a scan on the 21st which is to check everythign is good for the homebirth (a bit silly seeing as if i went into labour now i could already have the homebirth) all i know is they check the shoulders in correct places ect. Does anyone know exactly what they check?

How far does everyone live from the nearest hospital? How far away would you consider too far?

I would love to have a home birth in the future. ;) I live between two hospitals, both of which are about a half an hour away.

How far does everyone live from the nearest hospital? How far away would you consider too far?

in an ambulance about 15mins i would think in a car could take about 30mins to my closest hospitsl

I'm only 15 mins by car in normal traffic. I suppose if I went blue lights it would only take a matter of minutes - no more than 10 mins, even less.

I've always felt that I would be uncomfortable with anything over 45 minutes. I'm not sure where my nearest hospital is but I am right next to a motor way which takes me directly to my hospital of choice which took us 35 minutes in peak hour traffic (worst case scenario) so probably a whole lot less than that in an ambulance or when it isn't busy.

Can I be added to the homebirth hopeful list???

I'm super excited to be planning a homebirth this time around. It wasn't an option with my last two pregnancies so I'm beyond thrilled :)

I'm due March 25, 2011

I'm a 45 minute drive from the nearest hospital. I'm sure an ambulance could knock 10 or 15 minutes off that.... But I also imagine it will take the ambulance a little extra time to get to me as well (I'm quite rural).

I'm not concerned at all though. I'll only be having a homebirth if everything in my pregnancy remains normal and uncomplicated and should an emergency happen I am fully confident in my midwives ability to keep me and baby stable until we arrive to the hospital.

Also of note, my nearest hospital is only a level 1 so the ob and anesthetists do not have stay on site... they just have to be able to get to the hospital within 30 minutes if they are paged... So even if I lived next door to the hospital or even gave birth in the hospital there is still a strong potential that there would a 30 minute delay in receiving obstetrical care in the event of an emergency.

So to me... the extra 15 minutes isn't too much of an issue.

I'm super excited to be planning a homebirth this time around. It wasn't an option with my last two pregnancies so I'm beyond thrilled :)

I'm due March 25, 2011

I've added you to the first page. I have put it's your 3rd baby but first homebirth? Let me know if I got that wrong. You're due just a few days before me! Hopefully in the first week of April we won't be be sitting here in bnb wondering which of us is going to go first! :haha:

I'm due March 25, 2011

I've added you to the first page. I have put it's your 3rd baby but first homebirth? Let me know if I got that wrong. You're due just a few days before me! Hopefully in the first week of April we won't be be sitting here in bnb wondering which of us is going to go first! :haha:

Yep that's right! 3rd baby first homebirth... There were no midwives in my area when I was pregnant the last two times and I was not courageous enough to have an unassisted birth.

Gosh I hope I'm not gonna make it till April!!! I'd be quite happy and content with a March baby! But my last two were late so I think the odds are against me :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->