Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Trumpetbum - Gotta love those third baby labours???? Hopefully things will kick into active active labour soon ya!

Well ladies he is here!! Had my little Luca yesterday, 9/10/10 after days of early labour which turned out to be due to a posterior baby (another one!!)
Had a few challenges during the labour which were wonderfully managed by my amazing midwife. I can totally say with confidence that hypnobirthing should be bloody funded on the NHS :lol: It did the business!!! Will be writing out my birth story and posting pics later once my brothers have been up to visit the wee man.
Thanks so much for all your support through the last 9 months xxx

Well ladies he is here!! Had my little Luca yesterday, 9/10/10 after days of early labour which turned out to be due to a posterior baby (another one!!)
Had a few challenges during the labour which were wonderfully managed by my amazing midwife. I can totally say with confidence that hypnobirthing should be bloody funded on the NHS :lol: It did the business!!! Will be writing out my birth story and posting pics later once my brothers have been up to visit the wee man.
Thanks so much for all your support through the last 9 months xxx

Yaay! Congrats :D

Can't wait for the birth story :kiss:

YAY!! Congratulations hun!!! Welcome to Luca :flower: Well done Mummy!! Cant wait to read your birth story!

congrats trumpet! Can't wait to read your birth story when you get a chance.

Congrats! :) I am SO ready to have a proper homebirth now... Kind of :lol:

I STILL haven't finished my bloomin' birth story... DOH.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in....randomly again....Hi! :p

I would highly recommend sleeping at any chance you can get during labour! I never expected to be in labour for so long, so I didn't sleep when I may have been able to...may have avoided being transferred if so! ;)

xx

Congrats! :) I am SO ready to have a proper homebirth now... Kind of :lol:

I STILL haven't finished my bloomin' birth story... DOH.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in....randomly again....Hi! :p

I would highly recommend sleeping at any chance you can get during labour! I never expected to be in labour for so long, so I didn't sleep when I may have been able to...may have avoided being transferred if so! ;)

xx

I second this!! :thumbup:
I woke at 2am with pains and didnt have my DD until 2:54am the followin day, and I was gettin exhausted! Transfer was a close call because I was running out of energy pretty fast by that point! Luckily I had a great "team" and they managed to get me to squeeze the last of my energy from somewhere to push my princess out! :cloud9:

Congrats trumpet bum! Like everyone else, looking forward to your birth story :)

It's really nice for people to share advice for during labour, I think they're so different everytime!
My tip would be to keep eating and nibbling away at stuff, I was sooo hungry after giving birth and it did affect my energy levels, I never felt like eating early on and the hospital never asked me if i wanted anything so i didn't think about it. proper pigged out on gingerbread men afterwards tho!

Congratulations Trumpetbum!

Just popping in to say that I have had my homebirth assessment last week and I have been given the OK!! :happydance:
Now just got to wait for the LO to arrive....

Hope everyone is well.

Sammi xx

Finally got around to my birth story ladies if you want a read.

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...ypnobirthing-homebirth-story.html#post7296793

Okay ladies I'm supposed to have my booking appt tomorrow after a lot of fuss trying to sort out an appt in the first place lol.

If it's like my booking last time (DS is 9 months) then they'll ask where I want to birth.

I'm saying home and I'll fight tooth and nail for it - I had an emergency section last time ('failure to progress' LOP baby).

Did you guys face any initial negativity and how did you fend it off and stick to your guns?

My Hubby gets really angry at me when I get worked up about it - I had such a shocking time in hospital I find it very difficult not to get very worked up and emotional and a bit ranty when I talk about the baby removal I ended up with and why I want a HB!

I armed with a lot of the facts about why HB is safe and how it'll give me a better chance of achieving a VBAC than hospital but I'm hopig for a for a few pointers to help smooth the way if the MW is taken aback at the suggestion of a HB!

Last time I had a terrible time fighting for it. I stuck to my guns and got it but won't lie, fighting for it can be so tiring at times. I've been a classic FTP both labours and had I not been at home the outcomes would have been so different.
I think the best thing is to be armed with as much up to date info as possible and to know exactly what your rights are. Be firm but polite but leave them in no doubt that you aren't going to be fobbed off. I also refused to get into a conversation involving scare tactics, I was happy to discuss risk but once I heard 'do you want to bleed to death' and the like I was finished with the discussion.

trumpetbum - gorgeous birth story hun!!

My midwife has not long left and cannot believe I am due in 8 weeks! Where has time gone. My next appointment is 34 weeks and I'm having my home assessment...altho I know I'm fine for homebirth up until this point so its just a formality.
My midwife has arranged for the 2nd midwife to be a lady I already know and all being well they will both attend. I am so happy with this now I can't believe how lucky I am!

Feeling really positive today, I'm just hoping I wont need to transfer but noone can predict that outcome. I didnt know that by law the lead midwife has to accompany you in an ambulance to the hospital tho, I feel better knowing she'd come with me but I would still like to avoid like the plague tbh!

i didnt get my homeirth as had a funny turn friday before i went into labour but here is birth story
Chloe https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...-her-own-steam-6days-overdue.html#post7337299
quite a quick labour really. breastfeeding like a pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->