Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Argh had my scan today but still none the wiser about a due date lol.

I seem to be a week or so behind the dates according to LMP so 11ish rather than 12ish, we just could not get a clear pic even after filling my bladder more! grr.

Apparently I now have a retroverted uterus (I'm sure I didnt leave it like that lol!) so bubba was squished into a small space making the scan even harder - hoping it rights itself over the next week and we go back next thursday to try and get a NT measurement.

Argh had my scan today but still none the wiser about a due date lol.

I seem to be a week or so behind the dates according to LMP so 11ish rather than 12ish, we just could not get a clear pic even after filling my bladder more! grr.

Apparently I now have a retroverted uterus (I'm sure I didnt leave it like that lol!) so bubba was squished into a small space making the scan even harder - hoping it rights itself over the next week and we go back next thursday to try and get a NT measurement.

Frustration! I hope all is well for next week :hugs:

Just glad there is 12 bubba in there with everything present and correct that we could see!

A bit annoying about being put back a week, 1st trimester is so annoying lol!

Just glad there is 12 bubba in there with everything present and correct that we could see!

A bit annoying about being put back a week, 1st trimester is so annoying lol!

I missed my first tri pretty much! It seems like a place of stress :wacko:

Las ttime I was stressed so much just far too worried about about things, this time it's flown by as I'm so busy all the time.

I've gotten off really lightly both times.

With Dewi no MS, fatigue, cravings, problems with smells nothing zip nadda

This time I've had some fatigue and nausea but it's gone now.

Just wanna feel bubba and look pg rather than fat now!

I still look pretty fat rather than preg as well. I just find it embarassing, so I'm wearing baggy clothing which makes me feel daggy.

Oh a good note, I've been looking at hypnobirthing classes, and they are all really flexible with payments, one of them is even happy for me to pay just $20 a week, so I'm really happy about that and we'll book them over the next week or so! Really excited! :happydance: When I first decided on homebirth, I didn't know how expensive it was - hypnobirthing classes, tens machine and birth pool... At least I don't have to pay for my midwife.

I loved my hypno classes! Enjoy! Hope you are all well over here in the home birth group! :hug:

I still look pretty fat rather than preg as well. I just find it embarassing, so I'm wearing baggy clothing which makes me feel daggy.

Oh a good note, I've been looking at hypnobirthing classes, and they are all really flexible with payments, one of them is even happy for me to pay just $20 a week, so I'm really happy about that and we'll book them over the next week or so! Really excited! :happydance: When I first decided on homebirth, I didn't know how expensive it was - hypnobirthing classes, tens machine and birth pool... At least I don't have to pay for my midwife.

I looked into hypnobirthing in Chch and it was something like $350! And you have to pay for your own pool! Thank god my midwife has her own.

Who are you doing the classes with?

I looked into hypnobirthing in Chch and it was something like $350! And you have to pay for your own pool! Thank god my midwife has her own.

I am probably going to go with Positive Births for my hypnobirthing. It's $395 for a couple for 10-12 hours of sessions, Marie Mongans book and 2 cds, and all the handouts etc. and ongoing support via phone and email from the teacher if it is needed.

I am going to hire a pool, which $100, plus $50 bond. And also a tens machine which is $60 and $100 bond! :shock:

I am probably going to go with Positive Births for my hypnobirthing. It's $395 for a couple for 10-12 hours of sessions, Marie Mongans book and 2 cds, and all the handouts etc. and ongoing support via phone and email from the teacher if it is needed.

I am going to hire a pool, which $100, plus $50 bond. And also a tens machine which is $60 and $100 bond! :shock:

Hey there, lovely to see some other Kiwi's planning home births! Where are you both based? I have looked into hypnobirthing but haven't had much luck yet (need to do some more research). That does sound expensive - but if it helps you have a positive experience I bet it is worth every cent!

I am also planning a waterbirth but my midwife group has a few they lend out for free, which is great.

I think you have all thought and planned things a bit more than I have - I need to get a bit more organised maybe! First Tri for me was just such a blur of sickness, I have only just started really 'feeling' like I am going to have a baby and getting excited about it all.

Hope everyone here in home births is doing well!

Hey there, lovely to see some other Kiwi's planning home births! Where are you both based? I have looked into hypnobirthing but haven't had much luck yet (need to do some more research). That does sound expensive - but if it helps you have a positive experience I bet it is worth every cent!

I am also planning a waterbirth but my midwife group has a few they lend out for free, which is great.

I think you have all thought and planned things a bit more than I have - I need to get a bit more organised maybe! First Tri for me was just such a blur of sickness, I have only just started really 'feeling' like I am going to have a baby and getting excited about it all.

I'm in Christchurch. And you're not behind haha! I honestly have a midwife and maybe a location..

I'm in Christchurch. And you're not behind haha! I honestly have a midwife and maybe a location..

Ha ha, good to know - that makes me feel a bit better! When you say 'maybe a location' are you not sure where you want to give birth yet?

I am a Wellington girl but now living on the Kapiti Coast....I also don't have my location 100% sorted as we are moving/renovating an old house so don't know if I will be in that house or in our current one by the time the baby is due!

Our current house is a rental, so if we have the baby here the first thing the poor wee thing is going to see is some very ugly curtains. Oh well!

Any uk ladies hire a doula or will be hiring a doula?

I'd love to but can't afford it, was wondering if I'd be able to find a trainee but being that I'm having an HBAC (or hoping to) I don't know if they'd be allowed to work with me in training as it's high risk?

I'd love to but can't afford it, was wondering if I'd be able to find a trainee but being that I'm having an HBAC (or hoping to) I don't know if they'd be allowed to work with me in training as it's high risk?

Its always worth giving some a ring and asking, maybe if they're only one birth away from being qualified???:shrug:

I did consider hiring a trainee doula/doula but the midwife I'm seeing is pretty supportive so I'll be happy with just her. It was a three ring circus last time and I'm looking for a more private moment this time around! :)

I'm keeping my eyes peeled on ebay and the local classifieds to get a 2nd hand pool bargain!

Hi ladies, I'm going to have to leave the group unfortunately, I was told by the consultant today that under no circumstances am I allowed to have a home birth and that they will actually induce me at around 38 weeks.

Disappointed isn't the word :(

Hi ladies, I'm going to have to leave the group unfortunately, I was told by the consultant today that under no circumstances am I allowed to have a home birth and that they will actually induce me at around 38 weeks.

oh i am so sorry :hugs: I don't know the reasons but i wish you all the best :flower:

If you hire a 'trainee' doula from either of these websites, they have the EXACT same training and accreditation as a fully registered doula.

https://www.doula.org.uk/ https://www.douladirectory.co.uk/

The only difference is that they are on an ongoing mentoring and assessment program. So you get the same assurances of training and quality you would with a more experienced doula. In fact some 'trainee' doulas may have years more actual experience from before they decided to formalise their qualifications. I am friends with a 'trainee' doula who is a qualified MW! Do check it out first before deciding!

As for cost trainees charge a capped rate of £200 which is often negotiable and may include extra things - I include the free loan of a birth pool for instance ;)

I dont know if you have already shared why earlier but please do remember that this is YOUR body, YOUR baby and YOUR birth. No one can tell you what you are NOT ALLOWED to do! You can be advised but you can also make informed choices and not just hand yourself over. :D

Ha ha, good to know - that makes me feel a bit better! When you say 'maybe a location' are you not sure where you want to give birth yet?

I am a Wellington girl but now living on the Kapiti Coast....I also don't have my location 100% sorted as we are moving/renovating an old house so don't know if I will be in that house or in our current one by the time the baby is due!

Our current house is a rental, so if we have the baby here the first thing the poor wee thing is going to see is some very ugly curtains. Oh well!

I am in Auckland, and I'm renting too at the moment, it's my dads house. I haven't actually told him I'm having a homebirth yet, not quite sure what he's going to think of that! :lol:
I'm not hugely prepared either, I've just been looking into things this week. I just feel that in next to no time, my due date will be here and I need to be prepared now. It's xmas, then my daughters b'day, my OH's b'day, friends b'days, my b'day and my sister's b'day then due date!!

I'm so sorry, but like Lisa said, remember it is your body, your consultant can advise but never tell you what you must do, ultimately that is up to you. I'm not sure what has happened during your last births that has said you are going to be induced and have a hospital birth, but make sure you weigh up the risks and benefits and see where you are at. Could you try and get into a home like birth centre rather than a hospital? :hugs:

Oh I am so sorry you have been told this :hugs:

The others here have already given such good advice, so I won't say it again...just wanted to say I am sorry and that whatever happens in the end I hope you are able to feel ok about it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->