Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Well the MW came on saturday for my booking and she asked if I had a normal labour last time I said I ended with EMCS so she said ok do you want to be booked for Ashford or Margate hospital? There was a hissing intake of breath when I said neither - home. please.

But I spoke to her a bit and she said well no one can force you to birth in a hospital and unless there are any problems late in pregnancy then the MW's will support you - you'll see an OB and a consultant MW around 21 weeks and will have to state your case and they'll tell you you that you shouldn't but if it's what you want then we'll support you as you aren't the first and wont be the last!

So more hopeful that the MW's will be supportive now.

I said that I understand that there may be 100 reasons to stop the HB between now and term but if I can I really want my VBAC at home as I think I stand the best chance of getting a VBAC at home rather than hospital seeing as I had such a bad time last time. But I did have to book a preference for a hospital 'just in case' but have had to book in the one that has the worse reputation as I do not want to have any contact with the bitch of an OB I had to deal with last time!

i didnt get my homeirth as had a funny turn friday before i went into labour but here is birth story
Chloe https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...-her-own-steam-6days-overdue.html#post7337299
quite a quick labour really. breastfeeding like a pro

congratulations hun xxx

could i be added to the first page please?
im due 13th april with baby number 4 and its my first homebirth :)

Hey does anyone have the code for the 'homebirth hopeful' badge for my sigmature?

Please might I be added to the front page?
Planning a home birth for our 1st bub ... a little girl due 4th Dec 2010

I had my little boy at home, unplanned but he just wanted to arrive :lol:

Here's a link to my birth story :) https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...planned-very-quick-home-birth-alden-hugh.html

Congrats to all the new mummies and welcome to the newbies - I think I've added everything to the first page - let me know if I missed anyone out.
:hugs:

Hi Kiwi

I've got my first scan on tuesday so am holding out until then for a due date - but tentatively May 11th for now.

Really hoping for a HB but its going to be tough getting it!

Can I be added to the list please :D

I had my baby girl on Monday at home and she is just perfect.

First baby, 9lb 0.5oz, no pain relief! :smug:

I'm slowly getting round to my birth story and will post as soon as possible. She's a breast feeding pro and is currently co-sleeping because we can't bear to put her down :blush::cloud9:

If anyone is still undecided, it really was the most amazing experience and can't recommend it enough.

Hello Dimbo, and congratulations!

Really looking forward to reading ur birth story :)

Abz x

Congratulations, Dimbo! :flower:

Can't wait to read your story :D

Congrats Dimbo!!

Can I be added to the list?
Due date is March 30th, and this is our first.
Team :pink:

Thank you :happydance:

I think I added everyone correctly!

Dimbo - congrats on your baby girl - I added you to the first page but haven't put a name yet, let me know if you would like me to.

Just had the talk with DH last night that I was interested in a Homebirth. He surprisingly took it well! Haven't spoken to the midwife yet so I don't know how she'll react at the change but everyone on here has helped me to have the confidence to explain myself.

Thanks so much for this thread, all the hints/tips/stories are fantastic! :thumbup:

I have my consultant appointment on Thursday. If I get the go ahead from him for my homebirth then I can discuss it with my midwife at 28 weeks and hopefully it will be recorded that these are my wishes etc...

at the moment all anyone keeps saying when I mention it is "we'll see"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->