Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hubby wont watch any videos it's really annoying he wouldnt come to theatre with me and he wont get involved in the action as it were lol.

i kinda hope baby keeps legs crossed, if things go crappy like last time at least there'll be a nice surprise at the end.

ergh just went to look for the name of my physio from my last pg...she was lovely and I'm starting to have hip pain again (not SPD but hip torsion) so off I go to look in the folder with my old maternity bits in and stupidly look through my labour nots.

Cue floods of tears - I should know better than to look at them yet.

aww :hugs: chuck. Sorry I don;t know what happened last time but guessing it wasn't how you'd hoped (prob understatement of century!), anyway theres no reason to think it'll happen again xx

Merry Christmas to all the home birth mummies and those hoping for one. Special wishes to those of you planning home births in 2011.....it's almost here! xxx

aww :hugs: chuck. Sorry I don;t know what happened last time but guessing it wasn't how you'd hoped (prob understatement of century!), anyway theres no reason to think it'll happen again xx

Lets just say this time last year I was part way through my 50 labour ending with the good old cascade of intervention and EMCS and many BF'ing problems to follow.

I got my natal hypnotherapy CD's for xmas from my Mum and I'm planning on doing it right in May!

Great scan yesterday and I~'m team blue again! Kinda chuffed I'd always seen myself with boys!

Aww congrats on team blue chuck! sounds like you had a nightmare last year, fx'ed this time its v v different! xx

Merry christmas everyone :)

& congrats on team blue chuck!! I love having a boy it's so much fun!!

Im hoping for a homebirth in 2011!! Trying to do lots of reading at the moment just have NO idea where to start!! xx

Yep, here's to a very successful home birth to all those who want one in 2011. Our midwife dropped our pool off on Friday, pronounced baby as full term size-wise and 3/5 engaged (this is a second baby too) and left all the birth kit behind. I'm not expecting to pop particularly early but it's good to know we've finally crossed over into a 'safe to birth at home' gestation so unless something happens in the next few days we'll be having an early 2011 home birth before long. :)

After we've bought a tap adapter for the mixer tap in the kitchen that is. Anyone know where we might be able to pick one up from? Our local homebase had none just before christmas. We've got everything else though so the worst case scenario will see DP, my sister and our doula carrying rather a lot of buckets of water back and forth...

Chuck, glad the scan went well and congrats on being on team blue. Fab news. :) Sorry that looking back through your notes was so upsetting though. Have you got a good support network in place for this time around?

Best wishes to all,

Gina. x

I got one from a little shop in town that sells everything from long johns to chainsaws! :lol: Garden centre should be a safe bet even at this time of year. All the best Snagglepat!! x

Good luck Snagglepat :)

Why does april seem so much closer this side of christmas!? argh!! :)

hehe cos it really is :shock:
Our babies could be here in as little as 11weeks and be term :shock: I really need to get organised!

Woah....you guys are freaking me out! If April isn't far away....March is even sooner!!

Exciting though!!!!

If you all think it's going quick - I've got a week to my due date eeeek!

Come on baby girl, any time now is good! I don't want to end up being induced again, any ideas girls? I've tried all the usual (apart from dtd as I'm single now) so far!

You've got lots of time yet honey but if you get to 40 weeks and want to try *something* I really recommend reflexology - it can have AMAZING results x

Pinkie, like MM said, you've loads of time yet. I sort of regret having sweeps just after my EDD. I was so worried that they'd pressure me to be induced, which I so did not want, that I kind of preempted going "overdue" by having a couple of sweeps. I now wonder if those sweeps were the reason for the Grade III meconium (which was the reason for my hospital birth). I really feel that next time around I'll be much calmer about it all and go as far as to refuse an induction (but agree to frequent monitoring on an outpatient basis) and insist on my homebirth if I do go "over". x

Hey girlies...I'm not even pregnant with my second yet, but am 99% set on a HB!! I keep lurking this seection and thought I'd actually introduce myself!

My first pregnancy and birth went perfect, waterbirth with just g&a and only 19hr20minutes altoghter! And my son was a healthy 9lb9oz!!

Thanks mm and mandanda! I know I've still got lots of time and stressing over it doesn't help but you know what it's like, the more you try not to think about something, the more it plays on your mind :dohh: I went 10 and 13 days over with my last two, although im a lot more clued up this time and won't be pushed into being induced if all is well.

I'll definitely look into the reflexology if it comes to it, at least it'll give me something to do once the kids are back at school next week!

Pinkie, you've got over two weeks on me and I'm already getting horribly impatient. I'm equally determined not to fiddle in any way and just let nature take its course, but I'm in that lovely stage where everything is uncomfortable, I can't sleep and the water retention has just kicked in so now I feel like a balloon too and can only fit into one pair of my shoes (sandals no less, in the middle of winter) so the temptation is there. I'm definitely ready for this baby but have a funny feeling it'll be a few weeks yet. DD was born on her due date so I'm hoping I won't go over by too much, but you never know! I hope the right time for you and your baby comes round quickly, whenever it might be.

Welcome Jelly. :)

Gina. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"