Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

heyyy! im very early pregnant :) i WILL be going for a homebirth its my 3rd and my two labours before have been fine so i cant see any problems! touch wood!

Hello ladies.
This baby is my second and I'm hoping for a home birth as the hospital I had Zane in is terrible and I don't want to go back there. With Zane most of what I did in hospital I could do at home and I'd love a water birth as I didn't get it with Zane :nope:

This pregnancy is surrounded by sadness as my oh has passed away so i want my pregnancy and birth to be as positive as possible.

I am also very interested in hypno birthing and I am already looking for classes in advance so I no what I'm getting lol

Anyone due august 2011 and looking for a similar birth?

Welcome Zara :wave:

Hi Moomin - I am so sorry to hear your OH has passed. I can totally understand why you want this to be a wonderful experience and I am certain it will be. xx

:hugs: Welcome to the homebirth club. You deserve to have a magical birth!

Mervs Mum said:
Welcome Zara :wave:

Hi Moomin - I am so sorry to hear your OH has passed. I can totally understand why you want this to be a wonderful experience and I am certain it will be. xx

Im so hormoanal ur post made me cry lol
I was rushed with Zane and I felt it effected how we bonded so this birth will be great

:hugs: I dont think our society really acknowledges how important an event a woman's birth experience is. It can really affect us very deeply be that in a positive or negative way. I think it's really important that you are already looking at things positively. It could be very easy to become detached which I know happened to someone I know who lost her husband during their pregnancy. I'll definitely be stalking you and cant wait to hear all about your wonderful birth x

Zanes birth actualy put me off having another child. But because I wasn't supposed to be near is hospital again I gave into my oh and got pregnant first time. Now because he passed I'm back here and not happy about it. But I'm really looking forward to a home birth or a different hospital and water birth.

I'm looking at hypno birthing and also I was looking at doulas to add to the support group.
Also everything around zanes birth I believe effected breastfeeding and I only lasted a week so this time ile be trying again

Hi hun sounds like we want a very similar birth. Im sorry you had a difficult birth with Zane :hugs:

Also, you're due the day before me!!

Lots of :hugs: xxx

After reading Birthing the Easy Way or whatever it's called I was all inspired and had a big talk with my mum. She's someone who hates taking meds and usually refuses; won't see a doctor; had two home births; had two inductions (one because or pre-eclampsia: me); and an episiotomy as it was routine in the '70s. She has also been consistently of the opinion that I received poor and incorrect care during my labour with Byron. As such I was pretty surprised to find she was lukewarm about my thoughts and feelings! Not at all negative about my choice if homebirth, after all I planned that last time too, I think more unconvinced about the emotional side that I'm feeling so acutely (she's quite unemotional in general) but also surprisingly in favour of a general medical approach.

I felt a bit disheartened by our chat, which was a while ago now, but this morning she rang as she heard in the grapevine I'd had a little scare and been into hospital. She told me she's been listening to the guest editors on the Today programme on Radio 4 and a woman recently was on talking about a programme in Wakes to try and raise the homebirth rate to 1/4. It's not been achieved quite but surprise surprise despite needing to retrain midwives overall there has been a financial saving which apparently wasn't expected (obviously they haven't read the research about the escalation of drugs and interventions in hospitals!). She also heard how there has been an interesting development in community spirit around homebirthers too. She felt such a programme would be beneficial in England.

I mention this because I found it interesting and hadn't before heard about this Welsh programme but also because I felt very cheered to see that my mum has been considering this so much since our talk and is discovering statistics and facts drawing her into the same direction of thought as me. Perhaps a little hope for those who may have had disappointing responses from others. In time they may find their own way.

Sorry for the waffle!

Thats a lovely post hun :) Nice to know she has been thinking about it and is there to support you. It seems like a really hard thing to 'go public' with the thought of hombirth and it really shouldn't be. I'm dreading it myself, but know it's what I want, for now :)

xxx

Thats a lovely post hun :) Nice to know she has been thinking about it and is there to support you. It seems like a really hard thing to 'go public' with the thought of hombirth and it really shouldn't be. I'm dreading it myself, but know it's what I want, for now :)

xxx

I'm nearly about to pop and I still keep it to myself. I made them mistake of telling my nurse who was giving me my flu shot that I was having a homebirth. And she gave me a disgusted look like I just had an abortion or something and quite seriously asked me why I would ever do anything like that. :wacko: My lips are now forever sealed.

first thing my mil said to me when i was pregnant with zane was "ur not having a stupid homebirth are u?" which i said no im not as this is my first. i cant wait to tell her my plans for this baby and our lovely homebirth which my oh knew i wanted

first thing my mil said to me when i was pregnant with zane was "ur not having a stupid homebirth are u?" which i said no im not as this is my first. i cant wait to tell her my plans for this baby and our lovely homebirth which my oh knew i wanted

That's horrible! Let us know how she takes it, hahaha. :)

is it terrible that i cant wait to tell her lol
shes got no room to judge, she might of had her children in a hospital but shes a terrible mother and a shite grandmother

is it terrible that i cant wait to tell her lol
shes got no room to judge, she might of had her children in a hospital but shes a terrible mother and a shite grandmother

haha, MIL's :dohh: I've decided its best not to tell mine! might just surprise her after. As she'll only give me an earful beforehand and then if for any reason it doesn't happen, I'll get the 'I told you so's...'. She annoys me at the best of time so this isn't something i'm gonna share! :lol:

:hugs: I dont think our society really acknowledges how important an event a woman's birth experience is. It can really affect us very deeply be that in a positive or negative way.

I had a lovely chat with my hubby good friend today who is due Jan 1st but whose baby is breech after 2 failed ECV's she's booked for her CS 6th Jan.

She said 'I just hate that people keep telling me to stop being ungrateful and that it doesn't matter how my baby arrives as long as it's healthy!'

I could see that is was genuinely feeling upset by it - all I could say was I feel exactly the same and they are wrong, it does matter, it matters a lot. Only people who haven't been through a bad birth/labour or who haven't been there at all would say something so thoughtless.

I affirmed that she is allowed to feel upset, guilty and disappointed but that those feelings will pass and fade (although maybe not quickly) and that she can make the experience a positive one - she will get all the chances to make her CS a good one unlike me.

She thanked me.

So it seems at last my bad experiences have had a positive outcome down the line.

I think I must be lucky all my family and in-laws seem to think the HB is a good thing and I'm amazing for choosing to do it.

Although my Ma has been less vocal than my MIL...my Ma has always just been the kind of person to say 'what ever you think is best is good by me' lol.

Its the MIL who thinks it's all great and has offered to pay for pregnancy yoga classes for me as long as I can organize transport (it a pain to get to the classes and back as there are no buses at that time of night and my bubba will be ion bed so hubby cant take me and bring me back)

Chuck, it's great that you've found something new and positive to have come from your last birth. May you get many more moments like that. :) Can your hubby's friend not get support for a vaginal breech birth? I know there are consultants at our local hospital who will support them, or who will wait for labour to start spontaneously before going to c/s depending on the kind of breech presentation and wishes of the mother.

We just had a midwife appointment and all is well, but baby has now engaged in direct OP. Lots of floor scrubbing for me over the next week or two then, though I don't know how effective it will be now the head has engaged. How lovely! I ended up ordering two different tap adapters online. Now we just need to hope that one of them fits, ideally the one that arrives in time...

Gina. x

No-one's been funny with me about my homebirth plans either time. My sister started off at home with her middle child bit ran out of gas so went in; my sil has had a few of her 5 at home, the 4th on the bathroom floor delivered by my brother! My mum had two homebirths. I don't talk to my in laws about my pregnancies at all so no idea what they think; doubt they care.

For me the problem I face is with people not understanding why I am so bothered by my birth with Byron. The same old 'but hr's gorgeous, what does it matter?' and as often from women who've had difficult births. I can't fathom that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->