Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

A few weeks. Hes a good help with kids when hes not working so I guess i shouldn't complain lol!

ooh my friend has called and asked if she can have the boys today until weekend! Bless her I couldnt say yes quick enough, coats on and off they went! :haha: Love my little men but ill be glad of the break! 3 whole days to myself :D

Hey KK - I trust you have asked for your money back on the kit you bought?! That is terrible! What a disappointment.

Some help needed here ladies in the second tri

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...out-cant-have-homebirth-because-politics.html

I don't think that I'm being constructive enough, as I'm just furious at some peoples IGNORANT and unthoughtful responces to a women wanting to have a homebirth... Please back her up with me!
XxX

ERGH i CANNOT STAND JUST HOW HORRIBLE SOME WOMEN ARE!

I read it through but between your posts and the poster with the studies I felt I had nothing to add except a rant and maybe that wouldn't be productive!

i couldnt help myself but to rant.... i really find some women so ignorant....

the thing i dont understand is if you were that pro-hospital why even open that thread let alone put your repressed, un-educated views across to people who do not want to hear it??????????? >(

In regards to that thread - I know this might come across as prejudiced, but hell, I keep noticing, what is it with the americans on here?! It's like they're blinded by ignorance and are damn fixated on forcing their blinkered opinions on everyone else!!

I must also say, some americans I've met on here are lovely, regardless of their birth choices. And there are some brits who are just as ignorant.
Well, no-ones perfect! :)

In regards to that thread - I know this might come across as prejudiced, but hell, I keep noticing, what is it with the americans on here?! It's like they're blinded by ignorance and are damn fixated on forcing their blinkered opinions on everyone else!!

I must also say, some americans I've met on here are lovely, regardless of their birth choices. And there are some brits who are just as ignorant.
Well, no-ones perfect! :)

I think one of the main causes is the way the North American maternity care system is set up. Somewhere on our way across the ocean to get over here our views on maternity medical care became distorted. Doctors became the experts and midwives became viewed as dirty hippies who practice witch craft. Births were restricted to hospitals and the more technology available in those hospitals the better. The more interventions the better the care or so everyone believed...

There were a few women who realized that things were going astray and opted to hire illegal midwives to birth at home.... but many women didn't even have that option. And keep in mind that because of this for decades and decades the only experience anyone had with midwifery if they had any was with lay midwives who had no formal training, no fancy dancy equipment, and were not allowed to step foot in hospital.

In the 1990's women started speaking out more and it was only then that midwifery became legalized and legislated in a few provinces and states in Canada.... To this day there are still areas where midwifery and homebith are yet to be legalized....... Anyways, because of that the midwifery homebirth population is small and many don't know about it or what they do know is simply wrong. It wasn't until I 19 years old and after I had my son did I learn about the existence of midwifery in my province (though there were none in my area at the time) or knew that homebirth was even an option in this day and age.... I had never known anyone to have a homebirth. No one! The concept was completely foreign to me which greatly intrigued me and led me down the twisted path to where I am now..... Other's however haven't viewed the concept of midwifery and homebirth with such acceptance eg. my mother... In her almost 50 years I am the first person she has ever known in her life to have a midwife and homebirth. She was raised in the hospital-intervention-birth culture and has been led to believe that is the safest option because that is what we have been doing for years and years and years. Over the years I've met woman who've had to lie to their families about having midwives because the harassment they'd face if they didn't. I've known of men to threaten to leave their wives and try for custody of the kids should she consider homebirth as he was led to believe that doing so would greatly jeopardize the safety of his unborn baby :wacko: And that's the birth culture I live in :dohh:

It's as simple as that, here in North America women give birth in hospitals on their back and that's that. The majority of us here don't know any different..... Anything else is just crazyness!!!!! :wacko:

But at least soft serve ice cream is viewed as safe to eat in pregnancy!

it is illegal in the state i currently live in which is why i probably won't be getting my home birth but at least we have a maternity center close to where i live :) Still getting all the info on options i have in this area :thumbup:

Blah!

Landlord just came to the door to give me a termination slip!

Her daughter is finishing school and got a job in the area so she will be moving into my place and we are to be out of here by June 1st. We were intending on moving anyways, but not for another year or two when we'd have enough money for a down payment for our own home plus it would have been nice to have another summer by the lake... But I guess that's not gonna happen :( So we're gonna have to find another place to rent which is quite difficult in this area and then move again once we have enough money to buy.

So I'm a tad bummed and stressed now.

They say things happen in threes..... Yesterday was my henna/belly kit disaster, today I get a termination notice, what's tomorrow to bring?????? :shock:

But at least soft serve ice cream is viewed as safe to eat in pregnancy!
anything that isn't consistant between countries I'm ignoring :D

I can't believe the regulations in the states about childbirth - it's actually quite worrying for what is supposed to be an advanced country!

It's amazing how different things are viewed as to what is 'normal' across western culture, especially the variation state-to-state in North America! Than again, even if the law isn't different the resources available county-to-county in the UK varies quite alot too.

On a different topic, man do I have back ache! Bumpy (as my DD has christened baby) must be wriggling quite low, my tailbone is so sore, can't wait to get home from work so I can bounce on my birth ball :) Roll on my hired tens machine arriving so i can test it out!

getrude, I could murder a Wispa McFlurry right now....nom nom nom

Mw and student mw came to drop off the homebirth kit and do antenatal check, all is well with me and baby :happydance:. I feel really positive after seeing them I hope I get that mw at my birth as she is very calm and experienced and will resepct my wishes. She said she is normally on 1st on call so fingers crossed. Everything is ready for baby to come now (hear that baby?)

yay thats great news luna!

we go next tuesday to a double appointment to fill in all the necessary paperwork :D

Cheeky little glass of Westons cider after a naughty tea of scampi and chips.

Cor I feel bad.

Well I figure a little of what you fancy does you good. I was trying to think if I'd had any alcohol this pregnancy and the only other drink was a really small galss of bubbly to toast a friend at her 30th.

Mmmm...alcohol.... You know I've craved it this pregnancy. I had a little glass of port at Christmas and a small glass of wine at a party in November. I had nothing last pregnancy at all. There is a small bottle of white wine in the fridge. I wish I could drink it...

I've just been looking for herbs for my postnatal bath as per the recipe in Birthing the Easy Way. Challenging trying to find the right things but I think I can get everything at Neal's Yard. Any ideas where I can buy some muslin for tying the herbs in? Also want to get some RLT tablets (being veggie and not a herbal tea drinker). Can only find some at 900mg which seems a lot. Anyone know of any alternatives and even if the tablets are ok?

Hold on you're having a baby and you want to know where to get muslin from?

Use a muslin LOL!

Wrong kind of muslin!

It needs to be the sort that is fine and used in cooking not the sort that is thick and used for vomiting on! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->