Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I used EPO with my last two. I didn't want to get to the point of fighting against induction so I used it from 34 wk orally and 36 foofally....

Sorry but 'vaginally' just sounds bad.

You know there are some words you just dont really like?

Like minge...ergh I can't stand that word!

I'm going to have a foofal birth this time

ROFL

I've really reconnected with the word vagina recently! I feel like it needed reclaiming!! In fact I think my next book will be The Vagina Monologues....how about that then!

was lopoking at EPO and starflower caps in asda today and they're both 2 for £4 for jars of 60.

They work out to be fractions of a penny different in price per cap and the Starflower have more GLA...which if I'm to understand is the stuff we want right?

I did loads of research on this and yes the higher the GLA the better. In fact for it to work well enough you want at least 8-10% GLA. It's most likely the SFO will easily have more GLA but make sure that it has enough in it or it's a waste.

I used a EPO/SFO capsule that had 12% GLA in it. I took one orally and one "foof-ally" from 36 weeks. And though I never seemed to dilate past 2 cm I was went from being 50% effaced to being 100% effaced in like an hour. So I would definitely give it a go. :thumbup:

I'm healing ladies. Slowly but surely. Getting into that stupid debate in second trimester seemed to help. Seems I still have a passion for natural/home birthing even though I'll never achieve one. I did have another panic attack again tonight though (hence while I'm up and on the computer *sigh*) but I suppose that's all a part of healing. :shrug:

Good to see you, Jenni. And good to hear you're starting to heal. *hugs*

Foofally. hehe It does make me laugh. But I don't mind vagina. It's what it is, after all. It's random words that I don't like. Like "moist". Ugh, hate it!

:rofl: I think foofally is my new favorite word!!!! :thumbup:
Though I must admit I don't mind the word vagina one little bit... I'm much more
bothered by the words "womb" and "breast"...... Speaking of which, for the first time in this pregnancy my boobs started to hurt and they hurt like hell to the point where I'm almost fearing breastfeeding as the slightest touch makes me cringe in pain! ouch :cry:

And tomorrow I'm heading out to get some evening primrose oil. I never used it in my previous pregnancies but I too would like to avoid the hassle of any potential invasive induction talk.... I was going to start it at 36 weeks but decided to hold off till baby's position was a little more stable. It's been several days since Peanut has gone breech or transverse so I'm feeling fairly optimistic now.

That's good Kandy, I've a horrible suspician mine is now breech but I just can't properly tell. Have the mw tomorrow so crossing my fingers it's a bum and not the hard head it feels. She's very changeable at the moment but I'm going to try and not mention that!

Hey jenni! Glad you begin to feel a little better. You were sterling in that thread against all those ignorant women. Are you seeing anyone for any counselling? I hope your little girl is doing well, would love to see a pic of her. How are you finding being a mum? :hugs:

Good to see you around Jenni. Every day you will heal a little more. Xx

I can't thank you enough Jenni for getting involved in the thread - and all you lovely ladies!!!! I'm still a staggered at how little women know about their bodies and their rights.
There is this worriying and horrible prevaling fear of childbirth, that is so present in these women it is almost palpable!.. It is perhaps the most common agruement used against women to deter then from having a homebirth...and what is more shocking is some of the medical professionals which use subversion and confrontation to scare women i.e" you would have died if you hadn't been in hospital"
I don't know where this change has happened, where wowen have little or no faith in themselves or their bodies? But I'm sure that it has something to do with the deferance to doctors and machines, rather than women and midwives using there own eyes, hands and experience of natural birth. It has a wide resonance.
It is appauling some of these women accused homebirth as being irrisponsible... but that agruement goes agaist common sence. As huam beings we are commited to the survival of the species through or offspring (which is a posh way of saying that no homebirthing mother is jeopardising thier babies safty). Mothers continually put the safety of there babies before anything else, so to also say that it is sefish on the part of the mother is misguided. There is a direct link between mother and babies health - why is it that some like to think as our pregnant state means that we are all of a sudden 2 parties?? Labour and birth is equally important to mother mother and child.
Also what is shown is that hospital environment creates pressures on healthcare staff which effects their behaviour and advice for the mother.. which is unrealted to safeguarding mothers and babies. i.e being forcing mothers and healthcare providers to make decisions within ridigid time frames. Change is essential if the relationship between medicine, midwifes, and women isn't to become toxic and destructive of it's own integrity.

Oooo! I better stop, as I can feel another massive post coming from me - and I really have so much that I have just GOT to do on the laptop! I have about 4 letters to write in relation to my own fight for freedom and a to prepare for a meeting with the my PCT's Maternity Services Liaison Committee (MSLC).... bigs thank you to MM for getting me to get in touch with them!

P.S sorry I've been doing lots and lots of research and planning my legal case - and the rabit hole keeps getting deeper!
XxX

Hi ladies, hope you are well... Wanted to share this link https://www.homebirth.net.au/2011/03/mechanism-of-breech.html

This was posted on my fb page by a fellow midwife, I think it's amazing and I know you guys will appreciated seeing it.

Seems I still have a passion for natural/home birthing even though I'll never achieve one.

Oh shhhh you! It just wasnt your turn this time. If you go for it again it'll be everything you need it to be.

Glad to see you back no matter how brief.

Cheers for the info!

I love it cupcake and the video of the breach baby! Wow we are amazing!
XxX

What an awesome breech delivery and candid shots of a poop in labour!

Seems I still have a passion for natural/home birthing even though I'll never achieve one.

Oh shhhh you! It just wasnt your turn this time. If you go for it again it'll be everything you need it to be.

Glad to see you back no matter how brief.

Cheers for the info!

As much I do appreciate your comment and I would totally be encouraging anyone who just had a section to try for a VBAC and not give up hope, sadly I had such an intensive tear on my uterus that as much as I believe in allowing things to go normally even I won't be chancing that. I have been advised (not told, because it's always my decision in the end) that I would need a section before 38 weeks or at the slightest sign of labour starting as any tension against my uterus could be quite bad. Though I am meant to be very glad that I can even get pregnant again as I had a top notch doctor who spent lots of time doing everything she could to fix me up. :thumbup:

I am a big believer of everything happens for a reason. So for me learning so much about natural birthing and having such a passion for it but not being able to ever implement it is hard for me to grasp. But what I hope for is being able to bring a level of understanding to women that just because things can go horribly wrong doesn't mean being at home isn't just as safe. My doctor said to me that yes I would have died had I not been in a hospital, but she also went on to say it was smart to have been transferred when I was (kudos to my at home midwife) and even if I had waited it still would have been fine and she still could have treated me in 6-12 hours time. The point is people never seem to say that second part most likely because it take away from the dramatic story they're trying to tell *rolls eyes*

But next time it's be on YOUR terms, planned and thought out!

You can make it YOUR experience.

oh and please will someone add to my rambling here..https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...hospital-explaining-why-they-banned-vbac.html a lady named wigglebump is being treated atrociously and my pregnant brain can't fish out legal details for her.

I'm in far too much shock at her reports of her treatment so far...being laughed at by her consultant for wanting to VBA3C and being told and having it written in her notes that she will be sterrillized as she is risking bleeding to death!!

But next time it's be on YOUR terms, planned and thought out!

You can make it YOUR experience.

So true hun. Thanks :hugs: You ladies always have such a way of understanding eachother, myself included.

Hello lovely ladies, just checking in for another evening... OH on lates and I am entertaining myself catching up on the debates in second tri about smoking/drinking and of course home birth. Must say everyone here has held their own very well and again I am appreciative of how we have this space to talk about our hopes and fears, about how we do have freedom of our own opinion in our societies, and how we have access to excellent resources and medical care wherever we choose to give birth!

Jenni it is great to hear you're starting to heal. Totally agree that everything happens for a reason, and time does heal all wounds. All your research and plans and hopes will not be wasted, no truthful knowledge obtained ever is and your analytical skills and confidence in your own research and choices is so good to have in any situation. Hope your beautiful daughter is keeping you busy in the nicest way!

Off topic... enjoying a lovely home made coronation chicken and pasta!! xx

So true hun. Thanks :hugs: You ladies always have such a way of understanding eachother, myself included.

Who can get understanding from if not each other...so many women are so unhelpful and demoralizing. How are we supposed to do this (as in life in general let alone making and birthing life) without a little help!

How is the babba getting along Earthside now hun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->