Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

The bath I'm doing is from Birthing the Easy Way. Off the top of my head, you need a handful each of calendula flowers, plantain, chickweed and German or Roman chamomile. Mix up and separate into muslin packages. Put in boiling water for a short time. Then they can be used right away or frozen. To use take a single sachet and run under the tap as you fill the bath. You can also add sea salt and a crushed garlic clove (this also in muslin). I think that's about right... You can go in with baby too taking care to submerge their body so not cold.

Can you put anything in the water of the birthpool? Something that's safe if you end up birthing in it?

So I've been watching birth tv shows all morning (silly I know.....) and I have come to the conclusion that if anyone tells me to push when I'm pushing I'm gonna slap them!

Who's with me?!?!?!

I am soo with you on this one it is a major bugbear of mine, personally and in practice! I have made a point of it in my birth plan- "DIRECTED PUSHING NOT TO BE USED I WILL PUSH WHEN I HAVE THE URGE DO NOT COACH ME!"
I cannot stand the cheerleading crap. I have also instructed OH to tell them to shut up if they start doing it, (if I'm too into myself to do so myself)

Sounds like your breathing is going well Kiwi! I had excruciatingly bad guts a few days ago and used breathing through the pains and it did really help! To answer your question I don't know! :lol: I've heard of people putting things in the birthpool like lavendar or clary sage, then I've heard peopel being told they shouldn't put anything in. :shrug:

Kandy I am with you. Some of you may remember my story "you are angry with this baby!" :wacko: Don't mind some support with breathing if I seem to need it but definitely don't want to be told to push, I want to feel it and let my body do it.

hee poop breathing..a secret pleasure!

I teach science to years 7-11 and I'm responsible for the psychology department (well a department of 2 people including me) which is year 12 and 13.

I requested part time hours in September and I've all but been refused my own contract but it seems they'll be willing to let me and the other lady job share the psychology post so I can do 2 days a week and wont have to teach the lower school and pout up with the hellions!

Anyway who has the tool to unscrew my bump so I can take it off for a few hours? Do IKEA sell them? Its been all achey at the bottom today, ergh. Just growing I guess but meh I hate it when it's all achey!

Oh yea, I've said no instructions on pushing please - my body knows what it's doing. I've been practising my birth breathing while doing a poop like was recommended and it's REALLY great. TMI, but everything just slides out so easily and I've been having lots of birthing dreams lately and in each one the baby comes out smoothly and easily as well.
is there a link to a good website for breathing? I haven't had any breathing info from anyone :(

Yawn. That thread is still going. What's with these people? "I work for the NHS therefore thoroughly understand all the budgeting and management decisions." Whatever.

I shouldn't incite more trouble! :lol: The homebirth one in 2nd tri.

Don't start...you'll have me putting my oar in and it's late and I want to go to bed....*must resist urge to post*

Anyway who has the tool to unscrew my bump so I can take it off for a few hours?

Ha can I lend it after you've used it please? Often quite fancy giving bump to OH for a few hours so he can see what it's like, then he'll know why I'm suddenly walking so slowly and making all these noises trying to get up from bed!

Yawn. That thread is still going. What's with these people? "I work for the NHS therefore thoroughly understand all the budgeting and management decisions." Whatever.

Seriously want to bang my head against a wall with the ignorance in that thread.

In regards to poo breathing I know my situation is a bit different and I was so out of it because of lack of sleep but when it came time for me to push I was so in myself for the full 3-4 hours of it that I don't remember a single thing anyone else except my hubby said to me. It must have been because I'd been practicing and his voice was a part of that but anytime time a midwife or my sister would say something I would ignore it, not purposefully I just didn't hear them. And then hubby would tell me to breath through the urges (seriously crazy urges though, I can now see why women should trust when it's time to push because at least for me I could definitely feel the difference) when I wasn't and I would come back to it and remember my practices.

Sorry to butt in but I had such a positive experience today with a MW visit that I just wanted to share :)
I had my home visit for my HB and the MW was absolutely bloody fantastic! And the student with her also. They were encouraging, supportive and really keen to hear my ideas and beliefs- even asking if there was anything they could do to help and if I wanted any complimentary medicines or techniques. I was told that they would stand back for my birth and be reactive rather than proactive, responding according to my actions and not getting involved unless I wanted it or was in distress. They filled me with positivity and really gave me the belief that I can do this birth exactly how I want to. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I pop on a day when they are on duty! I've been so full of energy since they left and am so looking forward to my labour.
Thanks for reading :flower:

PS I am now off to 2nd tri to see what is so interesting ;)

That's great thumper!

I'm embroiled again but might just not go back tonight. I'm tired and seem to have quite a serious pulled muscle in my back and need to do hypno and sleep...

Ha can I lend it after you've used it please? Often quite fancy giving bump to OH for a few hours so he can see what it's like, then he'll know why I'm suddenly walking so slowly and making all these noises trying to get up from bed!
Yes! I've been thinking this so much the last couple of days - I swear he thinks I'm just putting it on

I cried when I tried to get out of bed last night my bump hurt so much :( I did so much yesterday, second 12 hour day at work, and no end in sight of mental amounts to do before I finish. But he just said "I'm ill you know" ffs :growlmad:

That's great Thumper, glad you had a positive appointment :)

So I've been watching birth tv shows all morning (silly I know.....) and I have come to the conclusion that if anyone tells me to push when I'm pushing I'm gonna slap them!

Who's with me?!?!?!

ME!!!

I’ve started a birth plan - didn’t have one with my first, and to be honest didn’t feel that I needed it. Main reason was, that they HAD to ask me what my wishes were, and I just said natural, plus any interventions, they HAD to ask me if I wanted them.

However, there are some things that happened with DD that I would really like to happen again.. And only a few that I would like to change. One of them I would change, is being instructed to push!

So my birth plan which was going to be one sentence of just “natural”, now contains less about what I will be doing, and more about what I would like my Mws to do, and not do.

Things like;
*Dear MW’s please remove the relationship that has governed you by policy and protocols, at the door, and have the courage to support your own autonomy and be self directing.
*Nicola will pick up the baby herself, and doesn’t want anyone touching the baby, eps without permission.
*Quiet and calm communication is essential, with privacy and support provided for
*no pushing instructions
*An environment of confidence and safety
*Avoidance of clock watching
*Dear MW’s please drink tea intelligently and take a sit on hands approach
*Encourage to follow my own instincts and what feels right for me, as I want the skills of my Mws to be working with my body and not against it, so we can achieve a calm and easy birth.
*Please suggest favourable positions
*show empathy and understanding.
*Please facilitate an everyday event being an everyday event.

I hope that this will give my Mws confidence in me and themselves, just as I have confidence in them and myself.
XxX

P.s - Thanks for all the updates everyone, things are sounding pretty good around! Just wanted to also say, that it's a shame we don't all live nearer, or I would invite you all round in a blink of an eye and make you all tea and biscuits! Love you guys!
XxX

I've got my nxt appointment tomorrow, after my MW suddenly became very positive last time (prev been a bit moody) I'm hoping she'll be in a happy place this time too! Also fx'd my hb levels have improved or I'm going to have a fight on my hands, going out for slap up meal tonight (belated anniversary present), there's a steak with my name on it! :)

So glad you had a positive appt Thumper! great when they're supportive isn't it!?

Abz...hope all goes well at the midwife today and hb levels have improved!

I just ordered my pool! ahhh its really happening :D:D. Anyone know where I can get a new liner from that doesn't charge £5 postage?? xx

Woohoo!! It's brilliant when you start to feel like a plan is coming together, and you order a few bits, and get things through the post!! Bet you when it arrives you will be itching to put it up!!

What type of pool are you getting? i'll help you look for a liner... Need a break from writting letters, and something to do while I eat my lunch. Which has only been Wotsits so far! :-(
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"