Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm so proud of you jenni. It was heartening to see you get involved in the thread. Some of us go away from birth thinking oh we might've died if it weren't fir the hospital andvin many cases it's not true and reflection shows that. Your story was so unusual and is one of those rare instances where it's fantastic we have the medical care we do. These things DO happen and that you can still be supportive of women's choices despite your own trauma which must hurt do much just shows what a considerate, thoughtful person you are. I think having been through what you have gives you a special perspective on birth and, when it comes to sharing the power and choice we should have, is extra-special because you've experienced it all. :hugs:

That's good Kandy, I've a horrible suspician mine is now breech but I just can't properly tell. Have the mw tomorrow so crossing my fingers it's a bum and not the hard head it feels. She's very changeable at the moment but I'm going to try and not mention that!

Well Baby Peanut didn't settle down into a steady cephalic position until I hit 37 weeks so you still have some time! But it is hard not to be on edge when Baby won't cooperate as it should when it should!

Had my midwifery appt today and things went as I suspected. Baby was cephalic :D and everything is A-Okay :thumbup: Now I just have to wait for labour :coffee: I've been getting tons and tons of BH's contractions, that are not at all painful just uncomfortable, which I never experienced at all with my previous pregnancies but I imagine these may just be the result of the red raspberry leaf tea I've been drinking. My daughter has predicted Baby Peanut will be born tomorrow and I think it would be absolutely lovely if she was right.

Oh and another strange thing that happened at my appt was that I was talking to the midwife about my intentions not to go back to midwifery and how I was looking to do something on a more part-time basis yadda yadda yadda and she said I should come work with them as a homebirth second attendant and I said that would be wonderful and she said well I should once baby is older.... And while she's not the "head" midwife and the one to call the shots and though it wasn't an official job offer in any way it was definitly nice to see that door open! :D

Good news Kandy!! :thumbup:

I'm so proud of you jenni. It was heartening to see you get involved in the thread. Some of us go away from birth thinking oh we might've died if it weren't fir the hospital andvin many cases it's not true and reflection shows that. Your story was so unusual and is one of those rare instances where it's fantastic we have the medical care we do. These things DO happen and that you can still be supportive of women's choices despite your own trauma which must hurt do much just shows what a considerate, thoughtful person you are. I think having been through what you have gives you a special perspective on birth and, when it comes to sharing the power and choice we should have, is extra-special because you've experienced it all. :hugs:

Perfectly put PB. We need you Jenni. x

So nice to hear from you Jenni and I second all that has been said already....you are an inspiration to me and to many others I am sure :flower:

How is everyone getting on? Looks like we have quite a few births coming up in the next month or so....(including mine - eeep!) - good luck everyone!

Just a quick update on my post from last week - fundal height was still measuring four weeks ahead today at my midwife appt, so I have agreed to a growth scan on Friday. I feel fine about this now - my midwife said that it doesn't have to change my birth plan, it just means that IF the baby is supposedly HUGE then she will take a couple of things into consideration for the birth, but that she feels positive it isn't going to be an issue. I feel fine about it all now. And baby appears to be on my right side as opposed to OP, so all this leaning forward over beanbags etc seems to be doing something!

Oooh and I got my birth pool and linen from the midwife today - beginning to feel really real now!!

Hope you are all doing well xxxx

I had a strange and somewhat profound dream last night. It was mostly about sections (most likely because of obem) but then it changed and it became very important that DH and I kiss during the birth. I've read a few things about it before but somehow the dream seemed independent of that and like it came from within me and my relationship with DH. It felt so important it woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. Weird.

I got rlt tablets yesterday and my mattress protector is due any day. Going to order my herbs for the bath as soon as I can (last week of work so pretty busy). Ordered some lovely bath stuff for now (thanks Lisa ;)) and going to weekly bathe with it with garlic, help boost my confidence about GBS. Getting my birth pool next week. Doing ok on the hypno. Reading Ina May. :D

Sounds good PB! Your salts are wrapped and waiting to go to the post office this morning :)

Yay! I'm looking forward to them MM!

Well the mattress cover arrived this morning (unopened as of yet). I'm just back from the MW and not feeling very happy. :( The good news is that the baby is head down and not breech. BP etc all fine. Some glucose and leukocytes in my pee but apparently nothing to be worried about as of yet. Glucose is a bit weird, I didn't eat enough yesterday and have felt well sick this morning, also hardly had anything sweet. :wacko:

The stuff I'm bothered about is that I told my MW I had booked an appointment to see the SOM in a fortnight and she said oh that's right you're GBS and wrote it on my notes then stuck on a yellow sticker saying to give IV antibiotics. :growlmad: I said to her "you do realise I'm staying at home and not having antibiotics?" to which she said talk to Debbie (the SOM). I've just written refused on the sticker and signed it. She asked was I positive last time and I said no and added that there's no reason to suppose I am now. Feeling cross about it. So stupid tired from not enough sleep and feeling sick, really don't have the energy for this crap. Got to try and get into work yet too.

I have my next MW appointment in a couple of hours - wonder if it'll be the same one and if I won't like her again or if she's mellowed :D

hopefully all goes well Gertrude!

i've got my midwife appt to book hb in just over an hour! hope everything is good then can get everything ready! :D xx

good luck with ur appmnts getrude and caro!
PB - You must be getting so sick of people not listening to you! I'd get a t-shirt printed for ur next appmnt :)

This talk about herbal baths intrigues me, I make essential oil salt scrubs alot as presents but never seem to make time to do some for myself! What is recommened as a post birth blend??

good luck with ur appmnts getrude and caro!
PB - You must be getting so sick of people not listening to you! I'd get a t-shirt printed for ur next appmnt :)

This talk about herbal baths intrigues me, I make essential oil salt scrubs alot as presents but never seem to make time to do some for myself! What is recommened as a post birth blend??

I second the printed t-shirt recommendation!!!! Lovely idea! :thumbup:

Ooooo - now only measuring 2 weeks ahead (better than the 5!) and baby heart beat sounded fine (if a bit muffled, she thought baby was hiding towards the back which is what they tend to do during the day anyway)

not being sent for growth scan now, will wait until 36weeks. Although she did try to tell me they might not allow a homebirth depending on the outcome of the 36w check up - I didn't have the heart to tell her she'll have a fight on her hands if there isn't a bloody good/sound medical reason :D

then after the checkup me and my OH have had a row - he drove like an idiot and nearly crashed and then is being an arse about picking me up tonight after another late night.

Why is everyone around me an idiot?

AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHH O/T rant alert

I just had to walk out of the year 11 TOP GROUP class!!!

they did not allow me to get a single sentence out without interruption so I told them I was leaving for 2 minutes and if they did not listen when I got back then they wouold miss out on whole lesson and they are already behind.

ARRGGGHHHHHHHHH

Such complete and utter disrespect. I had to get senior management to come up and sit in the room, so I could do 20 minutes teaching in the end.

I cannot be bothered with these little oiks.

What subject are you chuck? My eldest is in y11. Fortunately she seems to behave very well at school....saves the gobbing off for us!

well home birth all booked for me! :D, just gotta get the necessary coverings and the birth pool and we're all set assuming bubba decides to come before i'm 41+12!

Baby is only measuring 34wks but midwife reckons he'll be around the 7lb mark at birth, that surprises me as both DH and me are tall, but so long as he's healthy i'm all for a smaller baby!

Chuck...sounds like a nightmare! brave person you are teaching yr 11!

Gertrude, glad your measurements are back on track :D xx

The bath I'm doing is from Birthing the Easy Way. Off the top of my head, you need a handful each of calendula flowers, plantain, chickweed and German or Roman chamomile. Mix up and separate into muslin packages. Put in boiling water for a short time. Then they can be used right away or frozen. To use take a single sachet and run under the tap as you fill the bath. You can also add sea salt and a crushed garlic clove (this also in muslin). I think that's about right... You can go in with baby too taking care to submerge their body so not cold.

So I've been watching birth tv shows all morning (silly I know.....) and I have come to the conclusion that if anyone tells me to push when I'm pushing I'm gonna slap them!

Who's with me?!?!?!

I can't remember if any of my previous MW's have ever done that, have had some rather odd things during the pushing stage that I remember really clearly just not that. Hmm odd

Oh yea, I've said no instructions on pushing please - my body knows what it's doing. I've been practising my birth breathing while doing a poop like was recommended and it's REALLY great. TMI, but everything just slides out so easily and I've been having lots of birthing dreams lately and in each one the baby comes out smoothly and easily as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->