Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm bored..........

Think I'm gonna go refold baby clothes, eat chocolate pudding and play with my nipples in hopes of getting some oxytocin flowing...

Anyone care to join me???? :D

hahaha im fed up too! had to wash babies clothes today as zane got pasta sauce of some :( ive got to then fold alot of washing that seems to have taken over my chair lol...even tho i have things to do im sat in bed with zane watching dvds lol

I'm on the reclining sofa with Luke watching a movie! Haha thanks everyone for welcoming me :) I'm very excited and my OH is very supportive of this thank god!

Please excuse the following negative hormonal rant.

Saw the midwife this afternoon. My regular MW was off, and I hadn't met this one before. She seemed friendly and positive though, and when I explained we're having a home birth she sounded really excited. "Ooh, I love home births!" she exclaimed, grinning. Encouraged, I told her that that was the first positive response we'd had from a medical professional in this whole pregnancy. When she asked why, I went on to explain that it was also a VBAC. Her face fell. "Oh yeah - an HBAC's not so good then." She said, frowning sternly. I felt like a chastised school child. And that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the appointment. *sigh*

My OH was a star though. He gently but firmly explained that we really have had enough of all the negativity and lack of support over our decision, that we are fully read up on the risks and benefits, and that we're not going into this with our eyes closed. MW apologised, made an appointment for a home visit, and that was the end of it really.

Oh yeah - and she took some blood and it spurted all over my jeans :sick:

So, all in all - same old, same old. I really am sick of having to go the same shit with everyone. What I find hideously frustrating is that if I told them I wanted a home birth with no intervention 'because God/Allah/Yahweh will look after me' then I know they can't argue with me. However, when I explain that I've made my decision based on research and evaluating evidence, they try to put me down and convince me their opinion is right. :growlmad:

Grrrrrr......

A rant from me too. Sorry for anyone reading my journal as it's in there too. In fact I'm just going to paste it here because I'm too cross to type it all again.

The SoM phoned at half 5 to talk about getting the birth plan out as she's away tomorrow and early next week so wanted to let me know it might not go til next Wed but she'd try get it out before I'm 37 weeks. Fine. I then asked if she was going to talk to my MW or should I phone her and suddenly she was obliged to tell me how babies infected with GBS can get very ill very fast and she needed to be sure I was aware of that and that we were both on the same page. So what has happened since we met? We discussed this. The mortality rate is 1/10000, 80% of which are premature babies. The liklihood of my baby being infected with a bacteria I may not even carry, birthed in the pool (which lessens the liklihood of infection) and developing the infection in the first place never mind it having fatal consequences is very slender indeed. She seemed perfectly satisfied with everything at the meeting but suddenly when I mention getting the homebirth kit she's throwing scare tactics around?! I'm so cross about it! I'd left feeling positive so why throw this at me now? There are SO many complications that are more likely than GBS infection. It's not even listed as a primary cause of neonatal mortality. It's MORE likely the baby will have some terminal congenital condition but I don't see them offering out amniocentesis left right and centre on the offchance. They're not prepared to give IV antibiotics at home in case of rare reactions, even to someone who has had them before, but they're happy to offer them, nay, push them on to me in hospital because what, the liklihood of a reaction is less there? Because the liklihood of infection isn't increased in hospital? Because the liklihood of infection by other agents, particularly more dangerous penicillin-resistant ones isn't increased for antibiotics that are far more likely than not to be entirely unnecessary? God I am so cross! Do they not realise how this pushes women to want to unassisted birth?

She said they are pushing to increase their homebirth rate. Is this really how they want to go about it? What is all this hysteria about GBS really about? I do NOT understand it. :nope:

Ergh...does anyone want to take my toddler off my hands for a bit? It's that or I'm putting him on freecycle.

I'm in a grump, I'm uncomfortable, hormonal, tired oh so tired and he seems to think waking numerous times and screaming so much I have to get him out of bed before 5am is fine.

Ergh.

Plus work is a nightmare, I still have no formalized job offer to go part time in september and the pushchair has a flat.

grumble huff puff rant.

</rant>

oh ladies - it seems today hasn't been a good day for loads of us!

I'm waiting for my OH to get back from picking up his parents so I can go to bed, I ache everywhere, I'm tired, I have sore feet and I have a serious grump about to land on me.

I hope we all have better days tomorrow :)

Sure, I'll join you, Kandy. That's all I feel I need to do right now is fold and refold baby clothes and be bored.

But you can play with your own nipples.

aww doesnt seem like a good day for a few of us, hope tomorrow is better :hugs:

LuckyD - Yey for waters going hope labour goes well and LO is here soon :D

Well this little lady is rather comfortable where she is at the moment.. due date today and no sign of her lol! Im feeling quite patient at the moment so no rush to get her out. Having loads of really strong BH's that are quite achy but im not reading anything into them as ive had lots of niggles last couple of weeks and still no baby :haha:

Home birth achieved :D What an amazing day I've had! Baby Billy born 8lbs 1oz at 12.43 this afternoon at home in the pool despite a power cut! Lots of pans boiling on the gas stove to fill the pool :)
More to follow but I'm so knackered now ;)
An incredible experience.
Thank you ladies for your support- deliberate or otherwise. The natural birthing section has inspired me and advised me x

Wow Thumper congratulations!!! Can't wait to read what I'm sure is going to be an unusual birth story! :D

Congratulations Thumper!! look forward to reading your birth story xx

Aww congrats Thumper!! Look forward to reading your birth story :D xxx

Congrats Thumper! What a time for a power cut. :dohh: During the middle of my labour my cat bought in a live mouse! Luckily OH managed to gather it up and get it out fairly quickly - those things scare the crap outta me!

Best wishes Lucky - hope that not hearing from you means that contractions have started and you are well on the way to meeting your baby!

That's brilliant Thumper!! Well done mummy.

I was also thinking that Lucky has been quiet, so hoping that she is also having the time of her life bringing her LO out and about. :)
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->