Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Congrats Thumper! :thumbup:

My little one is still upside down... but I have decided I really like and trust the midwife I saw yesterday, and if she says he's fine and will turn, then I'll get on that ball and scrub that floor and he will indeed. She was so laid back - "haven't got your full blood count result back yet... oh well, you don't look anaemic!" and asking me when I want to change my booking properly to home, lots of good things. Wish everyone was so laid back and happy about a normal pregnancy!

It's a new day! And it's Friday!! And I've only 3 weeks left in work! :happydance:

Congrats Thumper!

rachiedata - DS was still breach at 31 or 32 weeks for me too but by 36 or 37 weeks he had turned (this is when I wish I had my hospital notes to know for sure!)

Sorry I'm AWOL at the moment peeps! Lovely to see the thread as busy as ever!! I'll update the front page later today with details of the hopefuls who have messaged me and anyone else drop me a PM please. I've got babies brewing and lots of antenatals going on hence me only really lurking!!

Well done thumper and look forward to hearing from lucky soon!! x

Congrats Thumper!

I think I need to take over the 'Labor not progressing' thread now since I've been contracting now for 2 and a half days myself. Saw the consultant this morning who said HB is fine and so is baby after doing a quick scan since the machine was sitting there. He told me that they may fizzle out but more likely they'll come back and I'll have her in the next few days. I sure hope its the later

congrats Thumper!!!!

I'm getting kinda worried about my scan scheduled for this afternoon..... I've seen too many women go into hosp for a BPP and never leave..... or at least not leave until their babe is in their arm.......

Ohhh Gen that is exciting! We are having babies all over the world at the moment - it is wonderful!

Hey Kandy - sorry but what is BPP? (edit, dont worry I got it - Biophysical profile) what's worrying you about the scan? Could this be a case of your own professional misguidence on yourself.. it is so easy to look for pathology that isn't even there, if you are in the industry, as it were?!

For anyone else interested in BPPs here is a good explaination of what they are and what the scores mean.
https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/405454-overview
XxX

I'm more so worried about them finding pathology which doesn't exist...

https://www.glorialemay.com/blog/?p=60

An interesting blog entry re: BPP and low fluid volume....

I too am quite doubtful of the accuracy of amniotic fluid measurement at term and have seen on more then one occasion women being diagnosed with oligo only to be induced and leave HUGE puddles upon having their membranes rupture and then go on to have perfectly healthy babies with lovely cord gases following the birth.....

Kandy - I really wish the best for you and I'm sure it'll all be fine. But I have to say that it makes me feel a little better that you worry about arguing your corner too. Sometimes I feel a bit inadequate in this section because, though I might have done a lot of research, I'm NOT good at sticking up for myself. I'm sure you're better than I am and worrying more than necessary but I just wanted to thank you for showing your vulnerabilities here where we all know how knowledgable and on-the-ball you really are. (I really really hope that came out right. It was meant as a really positive thing, just in case it didn't.)

Bournefree - Thanks, it's really really slow right now and a little frustrating. I was worried but have been sufficiently consoled that sometimes this just happens. (Annoying that a friend of mine had hers in 6 hours and was so hoping to go the same way lol) I'm just hoping that I have her by Sunday night.

The biggest problem is that I was gung ho and excited about my hypnobirth with very little anxiety and now I've had a taste, so a bit nervous. Trying SO hard not to be though. It would have been so much easier psychologically to have just had a start, build, build, build, finish kind of birth.

Good luck Kandy. At least you don't class as having pathology for there once having been a GBS bacterium on your body. Yes, I'm still angry!

I'm more so worried about them finding pathology which doesn't exist...

Yes - sorry I'm being a total twit! I'm sorry - I was thinking along the lines of when you were talking about constant fetal monitoring.
I think I totally understand now, and have experienced that! When pregnant my daughter, I had a consultant appointment at 39wks with a scan, that was all fine.. (I didn’t mind having the scan done at all) but after with the consultant, I gave him a total ear bashing about wanting me in at 40wks to induce (with a diagnosis of GD), no legitimate clinical reason! (the scan helped me prove that) But also at this appointment we had agreed a care plan which included me being monitored AND on persuasion, I had agreed that I would be scanned weekly. so there I was, I turned up at 40 wks, for a scan in the right clinic times, only to be told I wasn't booked in; I felt like fool, waiting for a scan that I didn't even want?! Cried a bit - those poor ladies waiting for there scans must have thought, what ON EARTH is the horrible news she has just been told??? The duty consultant was called, and had "major" concerns about my health and would like me to do a "little" 40min CTG! I politely refused... If I could have ran out of there I would have done!, I didn't want the excuse of some little blip in my babies HR to set off a course of interventions, when I KNEW (I really KNEW), that everything was well. Babies movement was good - and that was indicative of good health for me.
You can always walk away, if you can't run>!? ;-):thumbup:
xxxxx

Kandy - I really wish the best for you and I'm sure it'll all be fine. But I have to say that it makes me feel a little better that you worry about arguing your corner too. Sometimes I feel a bit inadequate in this section because, though I might have done a lot of research, I'm NOT good at sticking up for myself. I'm sure you're better than I am and worrying more than necessary but I just wanted to thank you for showing your vulnerabilities here where we all know how knowledgable and on-the-ball you really are. (I really really hope that came out right. It was meant as a really positive thing, just in case it didn't.)

Bournefree - Thanks, it's really really slow right now and a little frustrating. I was worried but have been sufficiently consoled that sometimes this just happens. (Annoying that a friend of mine had hers in 6 hours and was so hoping to go the same way lol) I'm just hoping that I have her by Sunday night.

The biggest problem is that I was gung ho and excited about my hypnobirth with very little anxiety and now I've had a taste, so a bit nervous. Trying SO hard not to be though. It would have been so much easier psychologically to have just had a start, build, build, build, finish kind of birth.

Your NOT ABNORMAL!!!! You know what alot of women forget about and band around is the stats on "active labour" i.e I was only in labour for an hour, or 20 min, or 6 hours..... but in reality the build-up.. the stalling, in-active, latent-labour or pre-labour has a VERY important role to play in getting baby here.. some will also say that they were in labour for 5 days etc.. but honestly, it is ALL labour really and part of the process and slightly silly and arbitory to put time limits on what your total labour is, to anothers. latent labour is the most contested and in-accurate account of labour. For some it is mild and un-noticeable, for others it totally distracts normal life.

So I would say keep it in perspective.. once labour has started, it doesn't stop - it might slow, it might ease, but thank goodness, as it's your sign to get rest AND eat and drink well.. and wait for your time - labour is something that could be said prepares you for being a mother... it is ALL about patience
XxX

LOL Bourne I did consider running as I too feel that all is well. Baby's movement has been consistently normal, I've been measuring normal, I feel normal and by ovulation dates I am not even 41 weeks yet! But I went... though I did ensure that I drank as much fluids as I could yesterday and today and loaded up on sugar before the scan just to be on the safe side.

Fortunately, Baby passed today's BPP with flying colors :D I'm quite relieved and am hopeful that Baby Peanut decides to make it's entrance prior to the next BPP which is suppose to be scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (at which point I'll still be less than 41 weeks :wacko: . There was however one thing that I thought was somewhat odd during the scan. From what I could read off the screen (the u/s tech's here refuse to tell you ANYTHING) baby's head and femur measurements all corresponded to around 37-38 weeks while the abdominal circumference corresponded to around 42 weeks despite everything being proportional at the last ultrasound at 35+ weeks. I'm not overly concerned or anxious about it but am a little curious as to why there is suddenly a discrepancy (lol it's okay for me to find pathologies where they don't exist.... just not other people :wacko: )

And Gen in all honesty self advocacy is one of my huge personal struggles so you are certainly not alone in that respect. Communication has never been one my strong suits so while I feel that while I've done my fair bit of research on such things such as postdates and fetal surveillance conveying the conclusions I have drawn from that research to others doesn't always go as I intend..... Then there's the worry that perhaps somewhere along the way I myself have been misguided and may be in the wrong as well.... It's definitely not an easy battle when everyone's intentions are to ensure good outcomes for mom and babe yet the concepts of the best management procedures differ so substantially.........

And peanutbean you have every right to still be grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in regards to your GBS battle!!!! If it were me I'd be :growlmad: too!

hey YOU know that as long as it isn't off the chart in terms of dates.. then it is normal - I've seen far too many women worry that babies leg lenght is on the 99th per centile, and head is on the 25th per pentile. So we can only say they have a normal baby with supermodel legs and a normal head! Or even the other way around - bigger head and little legs - as long as it's on the scale, it's ALL normal!.. and taken into account with both the mothers and fathers genetic elements.. (hey a 6'5" women conceving with a 5' man with a big head, that might happen) It only becomes a concern when you are off the charts - but even then.. the genetic evidence should be strongly taken into account. We are individulas.. and we should be treated as such, not just policy and protcols! ;-)
xxxx

lol you have my mind swaying into the gutter as well!

and you're absolutely right bourne, babies vary in sizes and it's insane to expect all babies to fit into the cookie cutter criteria the charts use to depict 'normalcy'.... but it's just so so easy to over analyze things when it's put in front of you! or atleast that's how it is for me :wacko:

The tech also measured baby's foot size just for fun and they're HUGE lol. 8.5cm and I am now seriously doubting that the booties I have will fit! However considering all the men on both sides of my family need to special order their shoe sizes I shouldn't be too surprised.

Think its my turn!! Been contracting every 10 min since around 9pm last night getting pretty intense now and closer together, so Lisa is on her way!

Im soo nervous and a lot of memories from other births coming back making me a bit scared, but cant wait to meet my little girl! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->