Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm planning a dry-land birth, don't like being cold at all and that put me off the idea of a pool.
However I seem to be spending more and more time in the bath as I get nearer to the end, maybe I'll just sit in there through early labour!

I'm the same lou. If Byron doesn't wake me I still wake myself and am back to feeling sick all day. I say back but it never went away, just got a bit intermittent. Feel sick now and have scoffed so much I don't really know what to do now!

well plans to see MW had to be changed as one of my boys (cat) had to be rushed to the vet :(

I'm planning a dry-land birth, don't like being cold at all and that put me off the idea of a pool.
However I seem to be spending more and more time in the bath as I get nearer to the end, maybe I'll just sit in there through early labour!

I liked standing in the shower with really hot water hitting my lower back. At one point I was just on all fours letting it hit me. Twas very nice. :thumbup:

just waiting for him to wee - he had a blocked urethra again (very common in big neutered toms) so I've had to clean the floors, rush him to the vets (pay an insane amount for it too) and now i have to keep an eye on him all day to check he does wee

I really don't need this :( they think it's just cystitis this time though but then said the changes in me/the house can be the trigger so I feel just horrible :(

I'm like you. I'm not planning a water birth but I keep spending more time in the bath. It went from hardly ever to once a week and now it is twice a week. I am being drawn to it.

Poor fat cat! So you are on wee watch#?
It's uncanny how animals really pickup on how you are feeling and what is going on around you, so give him lots of love and cuddles.
Xxx

yep wee watch which isn't easy when getting out of the sofa needs military planning :D

he loves my OH the most but he's away till tomorrow so he'll be waiting for him to come back to get extra fuss

thats my main concer about a water birth, i love hot baths. cool baths just get on my nerves so being in a pool at 36oc might not help me at all but im going to give it ago.

ive been in my new house 2 months now and i havent used my shower yet hahaha its too small. i had 2 showers in germany and they were huge so loved it...i miss my lovely house :(

I was worried about the water in the pool being too cold as I like really hot baths, but for some reason during labour 37c felt really warm! even when it dropped to 36 it wasnt really cold. It was lovely im so glad I had the pool, I think I want more children just so I can do it all again :haha:

I had a pool last time but didn't get to use it - I was really surprised at how warm 36-38 degrees actually is :)

I had on land births with my first two. With my first I didn't even consider hydrotherapy as an option. With my second I did spend ALOT of my labour in the shower which I found to be very helpful and had I had access to a pool or tub that time I would have defintly used it which led me to wanting a birth pool with Jayah. At first I had intended to just labour in there but over time the idea of birthing in there grew on me and honestly once I got in the pool there was absolutely no getting me out! I would NEVER willingly labour/birth on land again.

I had also thought the water would feel cool but in labour I too felt it to be warm almost too warm so I had to keep cooling my upper bod off with a cool cloth which they had to keep re-cooling as I'd fling it into the warm/hot pool water with every ctx. :wacko:

Also of note for those planning home, in labour I had really wished I had made small ice chips prepared. I had bigger ice cubes that I'd suck/chew on which I really liked but they were to big and I kept having to spit them out in the water with each ctx as I was afraid I'd choke...

Agree with others about water temp. Even 32-33 was ok at some points!

I think I'll definately try a pool next time. . . but that tip about having the warm shower on ur back is a great idea jenni, I laboured in my back loads last time so if it's anything similar this time the water will be a godsend, as much as I do LOVE my tens machine :)

i had all my contractions in my back, i tried a hot water bottle but the hospital couldnt re fill it:dohh: so the heat really did help

i had all my contractions in my back, i tried a hot water bottle but the hospital couldnt re fill it:dohh: so the heat really did help

Oh yes a hot water bottle was amazing!! Actually I have these stick on heating pads that I used to use for my periods I stuck two of those on my back, one on each side of my spine (one just didn't cut it). Then I had my heating pad that DH would press on my back during a contraction. Wow I had forgotten that part.

Ohhh heat pads sound like a good idea....will have to find my wheatie thingy to pop in the microwave (although it smells a bit funny after I over nuked it once LOL).

Ohhh heat pads sound like a good idea....will have to find my wheatie thingy to pop in the microwave (although it smells a bit funny after I over nuked it once LOL).

i loved my bag during pregnancy with zane. its supposed to be lavender but smells weird haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->