Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm not at that poijt yet although my stonmach reside somewhere in my ribs now.

I just do not fancy bloody chilli. He'll have made it really hot and with loads of cumin...ergh.

:( chuck. Got something nice for afters to look forward to??

i've just had dinner and strawberries for pudding and am still hungry :S, am considering a bowl of cereal :blush:

Unfortunately I'm at that point throughout pregnancy. :( DH is going to bring me some cereal I don't want shortly I think.

Sorry about your chili, I wouldn't want one either!

I'm fine thanks, I wasn't in it at the time but the driver did drive off, unfortunately for him someone got his details first

don't need the stress though - we only have 1 car!!

we had cereal for tea tonight :blush:

Gertrude, glad you are ok! Must have been very scary :(

I was thinking how lovely it would have been to be pregnant today! To be able to wear cute summery maternity clothes instead of the huge jumpers I wore in the winter! Buy I could also see how it could be uncomfy and exhausting too.

gertrude - I'm glad you're okay that's definitly something you don't need right now.

lousie - I don't know about the UK but here a full time midwife will have about 40 primary births/year and will attend slightly less than that as a second.

Also being born in the caul is uncommon but really not all 'that' uncommon. I've seen it occur a few times which probably would be many more if it were not for the fact ARMs are so so common. When things are left to nature a large number of women will have their membranes remain intact until pushing. And yes the membranes do com out with the placenta. They are attached.

As for breaking the water with the head engaged it is done all the time. Often you can get the membranes to bulge btwn your two fingers which helps to avoid getting the baby at all and sometimes if it's hard to get waiting for a ctx will make snagging the membranes easier. But in all honesty scratching the baby's head can happen on occasion though if it does due to the design of the hook [it's like a crochet hook] any scratch it may cause is quite superficial.....

Morning ladies. Something is happening with me but whether it's a going into labour soon, like today, something or a while from now something I don't know. Yesterday I felt like death all day. Nauseous beyond anything, exhausted, then really ill in the bowels. I thought I was going to pads out in the shower with a solid bump and struggling to breathe. By bedtime I had started with big BHs/mild contractions. Went to sleep and awoke at 1am for a toilet break and waters check and had more of these contractions for maybe an hour before getting off to sleep again.

I'm under no illusions, I know this could on for weeks potentially, but still, exciting! Something is definitely happening. :)

PB!!!!! Wow, something is happing! happy and exciting news.
What wonderful bodies we all have!
Lots of love to you.
XxX

Wow PB - exciting news!

Thanks very much for the info Kandy :) I thought a midwife might be in attendance maybe once or twice a week (my OH thought four or five times!) so I'm surprised it's not as much as one a week even! I'm guessing a home birth is a bit of a novelty for most then...

Thanks for the membranes info too. I've always imagined the placenta coming out as a 'clean red squishy dinner plate' type thing, so it's interesting to know it might not look like I'm expecting :)

aww gertrude what a sod thinking he could just drive off! Nice of someone to get the details for you ;)
wow PB, sounds exciting! Hopefully this will progress and you won't get stuck in pre-labour limbo like me :(

actually got OH to try and feel my cervix last night, (which was hilarious!) but he said it still felt very high amd tight WTF! Thought these practice pains would have done something! MW later, she said if i make this appmnt she'd do a sweep, so hopefully something will happen . . .x

I tried to get OH to check my cervix the other day while we were doing perineum massage. Him: Umm.... I dunno.... something feels weird definitely... there's a bit that wasn't there before...
Me: Does it feel like the end of your nose?
Him: No, it feels like the baby's head.
Me: I think we should stop.

Thanks all. :D. I'm having a baby soon(ish)! I've never had pre-labour before with it all starting in a gush last time so it really could last any amount of time. I imagine I'll be dick of it if it's days and days but right now it's exciting that things are really developing. Abz I'm sure you'll get yours first, it's only right!

I've not had any more contractions yet this morning so might be a stupid nighttime thing. I do have some almost nesting things going on though which is a first. Though right now tiredness is winning. I feel like tomorrow will be a good day to have a baby. The 8th of the 4th fits nicely somehow with our other birthdays. :lol:

^^^hahahaha - the things we get upto lou! ;-)

Abz, Hope the sweep does the trick for you.
I'm undecided whether the sweep I had last time encouraged labour or not, afterall I had to have a favourable cervix to get the sweep done.. so It could have just happened anyway. But on balance I know it did something, as I had mild contraction and lost my plug over the next day or so. My DD was born almost exactally 48hrs after the sweep. I also know that things would have happened either way - It wasn't like she was going to stay in there forever (even though it can feel like that at times!) Someone needs to market bottled patience for all of us pregnant ladies - I know I will be needing some! ;-)

Are you able to get back to sleep PB - it really can help with contractions. Listen to your body as much as you can. This isn't meant to come across as me teaching you to suck eggs, but sometimes we forget to do this (me included.. I didn't eat the whole day DD was born until I was reminded!) So if you're tired sleep, if you are hungery eat, and if you are restless, do some activity.
Xxx

What about if I'm nauseous? :winkwink: Seriouslu though this is my 4th day of massive 1st tri type nausea, I don't know how I've not been sick yet but it's really getting in the way of eating. I couldn't really eat in labour last time for the same reason so don't want to go down that route again!

I'm hoping to doze more today as I'm knackered. Couldn't sleep for feeling I'll yesterday and between mine and Byron's nighttime wakings there's not been much sleep at night for a few days. I definitely plan to try and sleep lots; it's another thing I regret from last time.

hope the sweep works for you today Abz!

Peanut...hold on its not your turn yet ;), seriously though I hope the nausea goes away that can't be nice at all :(.

Well absolutely no action from me...bournefree, can I have some bottled patience please!? feel like i;m fast running out and it could still be ages away yet!

I get to see midwife again tomorrow due to protein in wee and high bp (just keeping an eye at the mo) so going to ask for another sweep, hopefully now i'll be more favourable and it'll actually start something! xx

Feel like having a whinge today, still no sign of this little lady, after losing some of the mucus plug on her due date she decided she was actually just teasing me. Had a few moments of "ooo this could be a start" but noooo more teasing. Pretty sure she is refusing to move out until we pick a name, but I just can't find one for her LOL though she does have a name on our booking for our summer holiday lol as she had to have something so we could get it paid for :haha:

Fingers crossed about your sweep too Caro!

Gosh ladies, you know it's going to be quiet around here without you.. esp if you all go into labour at the same time!!

PB - Hehehe, throw up I guess (no don't do that!). Do you like Ginger nut biscuits? They can help with nausea. I find that eating actually makes me feel much better when I feel sick - it's just getting past the sick feeling to get something inside you.. then keeping it up.. little and often. I think that you feeling sick is a really good sign.. all those hormones doing their job (even if it has annoying side effects!)
Is Byron at home with you? Is there someone that could take him for half a day.. so you can try to rest?
Hang in there - you seem quite chipper! Xx

I'm a complete geek so even in labour I will probably still be lurking around with the computer on and BnB open lol, though I think I may have a look through our music collection today and see if there is anything I want to listen to in there. Was inspired just a minute ago from another part of the forum with loads of random song parts that remind me of some fun times.

Feeling sick would be a better sign if it wasn't essentially continuous throughout two pregnancies! :lol: But seriously 4 days now of feeling this sick I also think is an interesting sign. Plus newly tender boobs for about as long; shall we say efficiency in the bathroom; my very perculier day yesterday; the general loss of plug mucous over a week or so... I'm really enjoying noticing the changes in my body and feeling quite relaxed still about developments. There's plenty of time.

On the nausea front, really I'm as expert in my preg nausea as anyone could be and there is little to appease it and nothing to remove it! Though minty chocs are never a bad thing. :lol:

Byron is in nursery today. DH is working late so I have the boy for bath and bed. If anything were really kicking off by then though DH would come home. No til tonight I only have to walk the dog and eat and rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->