Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

oh dear!
think of ice cubes instead lol

on a completly different note im getting my cross trainer today in 15 mins :happydance:

cant wait!!!!!! im going to be on it all day hahaha

I'm trying to! Lol. I have a lavender heat thing too but I tend to feel stressed with extra heat, I'm more into cold stuff.

One of the problems with my time in the pool last time was that I got chilled as I wanted it so cool. I think I need to invest in lots of flannels for cold compresses on my face this time.

One of the problems with my time in the pool last time was that I got chilled as I wanted it so cool. I think I need to invest in lots of flannels for cold compresses on my face this time.

also lots of crushed ice....wooooo lovely stuff lol

ive got the opposite problem, im worried ile be too cold lol

Hi girls, was wondering if my due date colud be adjusted, I'm now due 19th November :)

also lots of crushed ice....wooooo lovely stuff lol

ive got the opposite problem, im worried ile be too cold lol

For not getting too hot - someone recomended spray bottles to me.
I got a couple from Boots (they are in the travel section and are designed to put your own toiletries in, for when you go on holiday), I filled them with water and put them in the fridge... now I found those invaluable to spray my face, neck and shoulders in labour. Though my OH did at first spray me in the eye, he had it too close to my face.. :dohh: hahaha!!

I found myself getting more hot than cold, as my body was working hard. The pool temp was only tepid (not in the least hot - I couldn't have stood it anyway), but the heating was on (Nov) at 22oC (ready for baby). If I could have been able to walk outside while giving birth, I think I would have happily given birth in the garden! ;-)
Xxx

talking of heat girls, what do you suggest doing now the weathers improving? I'm a bit worried about needing windows etc open to keep the place cool then making a right racket and having to face the neighbours after :S, silly I know but its playing on my mind, lol!

absolutely nothing has come of my sweep yesterday :(, feel like the countdown is on now before homebirth option is taken away :S

I'm going to be typical pg woman today.....huff everything aches and its too hot.

LOL, I was big over the winter last time so didn't notice the joys of pg weight and heat. I'm exhausted today!

What makes it worse is knowing it's perfect beer garden weather and I can't have a lovely pint of organic cider with ice.

oh chuck...why did you mention cider...now i soooo fancy a pint!! come out baby! mummy NEEDS a drink :haha: xx

lol, definately a big glass of cider with loads of ice and a plate of chips n cheese...nom nom, come on baby!!

well BP back up again today

that is probably because some twat drove into my car and it looks like it's a write off

joy

Just out of interest, does anyone happen to know roughly how many babies a midwife will help birth per year?

And I have another question....

My mum was born in the caul apparently, but I know that that's unusual. Does the amniotic sack usually get expelled with the placenta? Also, my midwife has already mentioned that they like to 'hurry things along' by breaking the waters sometimes (I'm not planning to accept this though) - but does anyone know how that works if the baby is well engaged? How do they know their pointy hook thing won't jab him in the head? Sorry, I know that's a bit of a random question......

well BP back up again today

that is probably because some twat drove into my car and it looks like it's a write off

joy

Gosh are you alright? I really hope so!.. and you don't have a prolonged insurance job!
Lots of love to you!
XxX

Sorry girls.

Well my huffiness continues I didnt get in from work until 7:15...I'm fricking exhausted and there's a list of crap to be done the length of my arm and hubby has made chilli for tea despite me having said I don't want it.

Grrrr.

Nothing worse than having to eat a meal you really dont want or even like very much.

Chuck every meal I eat is one I don't want! Can't wait to be able to enjoy some food again.

I've been really off-colour today and vaguely wondering if things are gearing up. Probably they're not though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->