Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Distraction is a great idea Kitten! I had the laptop open too when I was in early labour.. I found it difficult to sit still.. so just leant over the dinning room table jigging about and typing all sorts of crap, whilst listening to the radio and dancing about in only my knickers. (what I sight!) ;-)
XxX

I'm just hopinh my external hard-drive is working as that is where all my good tunes are. Odd reason I am thinking of blaring out either some Guns and Roses or some Aerosmith about now, maybe with a little Billy Idol thrown in along with some country and Take That

Lol kitten and here's me thinking about Hayley Westenragh (god only knows how her name is spelt!). Normally I'm pearl jam and NIN or similar but I guess the hypno is really getting to me! :lol:

I reckon I'll be on here too.

The baby is so low when I try to lie down my giant bump at the bottom gets heavily stuck to my leg! :wacko: Plus I think she is finally anterior, that or very close as her arse at the front feels like it's splitting my skin when I stand up!

That sounds wicked kittenkat! It must be the sunshine, I've got a compilation of 150 top 90's songs and it's making me all cheery and nostaligic :D

I now have no symptoms or signs AT ALL of impending labour, I'm actually bored of trying to bring it on. If the baby has the stubborness of both me and OH combined they will only come out when they are good and ready....damn!

Right booting up the laptop to see if it will be nice and kind to me and allow the music to work as the desktop doesnt have any speakers atm. Otherwise it will be hitting the CD's though most of them are the OH's and not really my taste, though did just find an old compilation of School Disco tracks....so maybe a little bit of Right Said Fred hehehe.

Not that there are any proper signs of her wanting to make her arrival other than her insistance at trying to exit my belly button :haha:

I just dropped my iPod into my perineum massage oil :wacko: The screen's gone all funny now. Bloody hell.

I just wanted to add that it can be a good idea to take a picture of yourself at your most pregnant or in early labour. Great to look back on.

Here is mine from last time, in very early labour, 24hours from birth - can't believe how massive I was!

Go on ladies, get your big bumps out! ;-)
XxX

Attachments

• bronwyn's birth!! 009.jpg
    bronwyn's birth!! 009.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 20
Eek not good, got a downside here too....the old lappy screen is fubared and you can only see about a 5th of it....mayhave to smack it a few times to see if it will co-operate :haha:

I don't know if you can take them appart very easily? If you could you could clean it with meths and some cotton tips.
- but as long as it's still working, might be best not to fiddle about with it! How are your laptop speakers, could you play your music directly through that?
Xx

Oh dear! That must be one big pot of oil!

Funnily enough Bourne I was just looking at my bump thinking I should take a pic but I'm still in my nightie, lazy cow that I am, so it will have to wait tip I can be bothered to get dressed!

I think I'd break it - may just count myself lucky that it's not completely busted!

My bump seems to have got smaller, not bigger!! :(

Attachments

• 07042011139.jpg
    07042011139.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 20
Lovely photos ladies!

My OH has been eating the birthing box goodies and my birthing pool STILL isn't here :grr:

glad ipod still works lou!

gorgeous bump abz! you look so lovely and summery too :D, I've not really got anything to wear now the weathers picked up!

lou, i cracked open the birthing box goodies last night :blush: hehe, figured if i did that it might mean something started...but nope! xx

Oh Bourne I've always wondered what you look like! That is one mighty bump, lol.

This is just an old wraparound dress I dug out of summer wardrobe as all I have maternity clothes wise is jumpers and jeans!!

I've munched my way through birthing goodies twice now :(

Just got back from MW (i love the doctors being across the road!) and news isn't great. She did a sweep and I'm barely effaced and only 1cm dilated, not favourabe at all! :(
She's coming for a home visit on Tues to do another sweep and if nothing has happened I have to go to hospital next Thurs!!
I'm pushing just for monitoring rather than an induction but they want me in hospital EVERY DAY from +12 EDD :( and there's not much hope of holding them off if I reach +14!
Feeling that defeatist I'm preparing a new birth plan for hospital, :(
If I end up getting induced, I still want things going my way goddammit!! :)

It's not you "pushing" it's you making a choice and a choice they HAVE to listen to whether they like it or not. I know it's easy to forget but remember they have to convince you not the other way around. If you want to do monitoring than that's your choice. If you want to do that for the next two weeks it's your CHOICE. Also remember how you want to be monitored is your choice as well. Everyday? Everyother day? When I hear you say there's not much hope of holdin them off it makes me want to make sure you truly understand how much if this is YOUR choice not theirs. They should be thinking. "There's not much chance of getting her to be induced".

oh no Abz, hope the sweep does more than you think! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->