Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

hope the sweep works!

id be very dissapointed if i needed to be induced again but now i no id be more pushy about still getting the kind of birth i wanted, instead of right lie on ur back for 7 hours.

i think its a good idea to prepare a hospital birth plan, but hopefuly u wont need it xx

I think that's what the midwife is thinking actually!!
Thats what got to me most last time when I was induced, the complete lack of control I felt. So gonna gen-up on it this time and if Ican fight my corner with some solid facts and guidelines that should shut them up for a bit!
Midwife has already started using the words 'dangerous' and used the phrase 'live birth' like I'm going to kill my child for not wanting to be induced, which has really f**ked me off, 42 weeks is still normal gestation!!

I swear some midwives just have no tact.

I remember being convinced I would go over and so prepped myself with loads of info in case they threw comments at me like that. Even though I knew I didn't need to justify my decision it did make me feel better to know that they would see I knew my stuff and so would trust me. I'm sure you may have seen some of this already but I'll put a few of the things I found most helpful...

It is undeniable that the rate of stillbirths and neonatal deaths does rise as pregnancy becomes more and more prolonged. However, many of these deaths are due to congenital abnormalities, or occur in babies with intra-uterine growth restriction. It is not clear how much the death rate rises for normal babies who do not show any signs of being growth-restricted. It can be alarming to hear that the death rate for pregnancies over 42 weeks doubles, but it is perhaps more informative to let people know the figures rather than the relative chance. Some sources suggest that the death rate for apparently normal babies, ie those without detected abnormalities, may rise from around 1 in 1,000 to 2 in 1,000.

You can ask for monitoring to check your baby's wellbeing, instead of choosing induction. There is a very small risk of foetal death occurring suddenly despite reassuring monitoring, but this can happen at any stage of pregnancy - and as the sources above show, it is extremely rare. Some women feel that it is not appropriate to accept induction on the basis of a one-in-a-thousand risk.

If you choose not to be induced at this stage then from 42 weeks you should be offered:

* Twice weekly checks of your baby's heartbeat using a piece of equipment called an electronic fetal heart rate monitor.
* A single ultrasound test to check the depth of amniotic fluid (or "waters") surrounding your baby.

Here's hoping this lovely weather gets some of you going good and proper ladies.

I keep thinking about the perineum massage but I'm not sure OH would be up for it...he has shown interest in that are maybe 4 times since we got PG! I'm far too tired to care most of the time tbh lol. Let alone get him to check my cervix - it'd freak him out I'm sure.

Mine's still well hidden out of reach for the moment but a while to go for me yet...35 weeks tomorrow!

Got to start doing my NH CD's with a vengence over Easter break, I just dont seem to have time while I'm at work.

Stand your ground Abz don't be bullied into induction if you don't need it hun.

Ahlast full weeka t work is nearly at an end, I cannot wait for the end of the day Friday I get 2 weeks off then only have to manage a 3 day week and maybe the tuesday after the long bank holiday weekend. I'm so done with work and not getting any rest at home.

Stoopid needing money.

Change of plan. Pre-eclampsia symptoms all mounting up, in hospital for sweep and induction. Bit scared tbh :(

Change of plan. Pre-eclampsia symptoms all mounting up, in hospital for sweep and induction. Bit scared tbh :(

dont be scared:hugs:
i was induced with my son and even tho id rather go naturaly it wasnt bad. i was already in early labour tho so they broke my waters and things started after 15 mins and i had him in 7 hours.

when is ur induction date or are u in hospital now. im being thick today x

oh goodluck gertrude! hoping for a safe delivery for you hun.

Xxx

Oh Gertrude I hope it all goes smoothly. Remember you can still be in control and use natural birthing techniques with induction. Good luck!

I just dropped my iPod into my perineum massage oil :wacko: The screen's gone all funny now. Bloody hell.

I think you can replace the screen - my DH thinks my iPod screen has got magnetised so he looked up how to do it on youtube and you can buy the screens on ebay (apparently! - I'm clueless :blush: )

Wow loads happening on here - my internet has been down for 24 hours and when I get back on there's about 6 pages to read :haha:

Hope everything's ok Gertrude :hugs:
and Abz - I hate all that pressure - as we say in Scotland - "Jist get them telt" - i.e. just tell them what you want not the other way round! :haha:

I was thinking about you earlier today Gertrude! Hope all is well, just keep calm and do what you have to do, just don't given in to what you know is unnecessary.

cute bumps girls :)

:hugs: abz - I know what it's like to deal with post dates induction of labour pressure. Stand your ground and don't be brought down by that V/E assessment. I went from 1cm, 0% effaced, baby at -3 station to holding my little guy 3 1/2 hrs later. And there's women out there who walk around 4cm dilated for weeks. Pre-labour dilation means nothing.

And my thoughts are with you gertrude. I wish you lots of positive birthing vibes

As for me I've seemed to have developed some sort of postpartum infection. Think it may be a uti or mastitis or both. M/W prescribed antibiotics and I'm gonna try to combat it myself over the next 24 hrs before starting them. I'm terrified of thrush! BLAH

That's the thing though isn't it, trying to know what is and isn't necessary! We've put off the sweep (whats the point? Baby isn't even slightly engag!) And we have agreed more bloods and wee taken tonight to make a decision tomorrow. I'm happier with. That. Still in overnight though.

Can someone let the April sweetpeas know? Typin% on this phone is hell!

Gertude, sending you lots of good vibes. Hope the symptoms calm down to give bubs a bit more time to cook.

Gertrude, those that have read so far send their good wishes and hugs, presuming your able to read updates even if not reply so easily? :hugs: xxx

I'm hoping to be like you, Kandy. I'm 1cm, 0% effaced and baby's at -5 right now. At this stage with both my other two, I was already at least 2cm, 50% effaced and -2. This little one just wants to drive me crazy. Out of 5 pregnancies, she's the only one to give me stretch marks, which I noticed for the first time this morning.

Sending positive vibes, gertrude!

Yeah can read thanks caro x

So, how can 2 sets of bp be so different? One machine 20mins ago said 141/86 then 5 mins ago a different machine said 156/108 :(

And when I ask that and they use a manual cuff its 138/78

Still second set of bloods and wee gone for testing

Anyone got a good induction story when baby hasn't engaged at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->