Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Yeah MM, I don't think there can be anything else to be sorry for. It was a rollercoaster but went as it should, as my body and my baby wanted it to.

She (and we) have been asleep all night til 3am for a feed! Miracle of miracles. Hoping she's going off again now til morning.

Great news Brandi! Things are moving on.. and you won't be preggers forever! ;-)
XXx

PB - I know some of how you feel. It is a rollercoster after baby arrives. Give your self some breathing space. It is fine to feel the way you do. Normal.
With my first, I was pushed into giving my daughter the Vit K injection, and that was after I had already said no, but they wouldn't let it go.. and I didn't have the energy to do battle then. Same with the injection for the placenta - I didn't want it (even an hour later) but there was a sense of urgency in the room to make it happen. I will never know if my placenta was going to come on its own, or if the injection helped at all. I could have been in hospital with a retained placenta for NOT having had the injection.. or it could have run just as smoothly as it did without it.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that some of our "decisions" are not really made freely in the heat of the moment, but they are still what we decided to do at the time. Reflection is natural, and you have soooo many wonderful memories and your experience to reflect on, rather than whether you should have had the injecton or not! Let that be your focus. You really did wonderfully! I love your birth story and feel prevaledged to have read it.
XxX

Like lucky said do try put it into context by reminding yourself that you gave her a wonderful birth at home. Yes its ok to say you feel crappy about that aspect, which is pants but Indigo hasn't been adversely effected so do hold on to that. You did what you needed to at the time and you made the choice rather than being pushed into it like you felt you were with some things in your previous birth. You stayed in complete control. That's got to be a good thing. Xx

Godzilla turned out to be female!

She was born at 2:17 this morning, in hospital unfortunately after BP went terrifyingly high and had to be blue lighted in. Thankfully she came naturally within minutes of arriving and is well. She's also teeny, only 6lb 14oz! I'll try to post something more coherent later. I'm still not quite with it but off home in ten mins.

Hmmm I wonder if Godzilla will be a William or a Kate? No update from pink so I'm hoping she's rested and is getting cracking on hard labour now.

PB it's already been said but you have every right to feel guilty sad angry (whatever) about parts of your experience. No itis t enough that you and baby are safe sometimes we just feel shitty and we are allowed because we care.

Don't be told that if isn't ok to feel down because it is ok, it's normal and part of the process of coming to terms with having done something so immense that only women can do it and only a tiny number of women can do how they want.

Allow these feelings to happen but don't give into them, let them pass through you and when they fade take strength not only in fact you did the most amazing thing a human being can do (grow and birth another) but that you overcame the struggles that accompany that task.

Oh FFS sake pink! You would have to post when I was typing!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee we have a Kate! LOL and how the heck is she so teeny! LOL AWWWWW Dewi was little too. Glad she came naturally for you, you'll be home soon!

Congrats pinkmonki, lovely birth date your daughter has! No, not because of the royal wedding, it's my dad and brothers birthday today lol

Also congrats to Peanutbean and all the other new babies, thought I'd pop in after seeing your post in the hb thread in baby club pb. Off to read your story now!

Congrats Pink :D:D

My friend had a huge bump and a tiny baby, i have small bumps but big babies.....its very strange lol

Hi ladies, Can I tip toe back into the thread?

I'm due on Christmas day with my second. My first was planned as a home birth and ended up a home labour and transfer which ended in a C-Section. She had a high heart rate with declerations during contractions and we possibly had an infection during labour. I've no reason to think I would not have delivered naturally if LO hadn't been upset during labour.

This time I'm having an open birth plan and by that I mean I'm going to decide when I'm in labour where I want to be. There's a lot of social factors with a 25th December due date that could influence my decision both ways, weather(remember the snow last year), family, child care(what if everyone is drunk when I go into labour and no one can look after LO but OH?). I also don't want pressure to go in cos I'm a VBAC and pressure to stay at home cos I've had to fight the system because I'm a VBAC! So basically I want the freedom to labour where I feel is best for this baby and this labour and I won't know whats best for this labour until its happening.

But it all means I'm gonna arrange things as if I'm going for Home Birth, and a Home VBAC. Including "discussions" with the consultant on where I am "allowed" to deliver.

Just seen a Godzilla pic over on FB! My oh my she looks squishable!

Congrats pink! Hope your little girl is bring just gorgeous and amazing for you! And after a pile of faff with the horrid midwife - we are all proud of you for sticking up for yourself, nobody should be bullied like that for doing the best by their baby.

PB - you take care of yourself love, get out in the fresh air (it's cloudy but still warmish!) and have some feeds and snuggles with your daughter, get the happy hormones battling the sad ones. When you think about it we're pregnant for such a long time, and it takes a hell of a lot longer than 4 days to get used to not being pregnant anymore. You really did have an inspiring and lovely birth, stupid injection or no stupid injection.

Brandi - maybe better addressed to Brandi's cervix?! - you keep going! :haha: Dilate for mama!!

I feel like I'm missing something... like there's something I haven't done yet that I need to get done before the baby arrives. I know I've potentially got 5 weeks to get this 'something' done but it would help to know what it is, else I fear baby will catch on to this anxiety and not want to arrive anyway! Stupid scatty pregnant brain.

Lovely to have you back cellesse. :hugs: I can totally see your perspective on things and there's plenty of time to decide but do be careful that the 'open plan' doesn't either give them the impression that you're not 'committed' to your birth and then use that as leverage to persuade you to do as they would like. I've found (anecdotally of course) that women who feel they like the flexibility of not committing to their births seem to end up easily steered down a road they definitely didn't want to go down. I know you've been here before so I hope I don't sound like I'm teaching you to such eggs! Just an observation I've made with women I've worked with this year and from conversations with colleagues. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->