Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Best of luck Brandi, sounds like you've made the right call for your daughter. Stay strong, hope that drip only stays in for minutes before you're well and truly labouring and you have a beautiful birth.

Niggles and jiggles time for me too! Braxtons have got much stronger and painful over the weekend. Doing raspberry leaf and evening primrose like they're going out of fashion. Keep bothering OH so natural prostaglandins/oxytocin etc. might get us somewhere :haha: Pelvic pain back with a vengeance and don't know what that's about but hey, all connected :)

Brandi - you do what is best for you and your family....we'll be thinking of you no matter what you choose and how things go. Remember that HB isnt all about birthing at home but how you choose to birth.

Your state of mind is just as important as the place!

We had our home birth almost 4 weeks ago but forgot to mention it in here :winkwink:

hahahahaha - are you keeping it on the quiet>?

Brandi - also just wanted to say a big thank you for sharing what is going on in your world at the moment, it hard to make these decisions, let alone try to write them down.
I would only say, that when things come to challenge pregnant women, it is surprisingly common how offen these babies wait for the right time. You could find that baba waits till the appointments are all over and you have a better feeling of safety. Also (i know this will be really difficult.. I wouldn't be able to let go), but is there a trusted someone that could attend these meeting for your daughter and you? I sure you are exploring all the options.
Plus, there is lots of different "levels" of induction. (Sweeps, and protoglandins at the lower end) and nothing to stop you going home at any point.
Things will all work out for the best... I'm sure of it - you have a lot on your plate. Do what you feel is best - including the drug induction, or walking out the hospital doors. Much love to you
XxX

Thanks for the support, ladies.

My husband would be able to attend these appointments with my daughter, instead of me, but that also leaves me without childcare for my son, and without transportation to get him to childcare if I were able to find some. If I happened to go into labour during her appointments, that leaves me unable to get back home, or it would leave her unable to attend these appointments that we've waited a year for.

This was not an easy decision for me to make, and I'm disappointed that I'm missing out on my last chance for a homebirth, but I need to do what's best for my family and not risking my daughter missing these appointments is what is best.

I'm still holding out hope that I'll go into labour before the induction and I'm losing a lot of bloody show, fresh and red, today, as I did right after my sweeps on Sunday, but I have nothing more than irregular cramps and tightenings.

I'm going to request a rupture of membranes and see if that makes anything happen before we move on to pitocin. I tend to dilate very quickly once my waters have been broken (I went from 7cm to 10cm in 3 minutes, and 10cm to birth in 12 minutes with my son). If it doesn't work, then we'll move on to some pitocin.

I still have my fingers crossed for a natural labour, but no matter how labour begins, I an bound and determined for a painkiller-free labour.

Hmmm period cramps on and off for a couple days now and now bad guts over night - wishful thinking?

Its star wars day - perfect day for a birth I can have a baby Vader!

LOL

Have just seen an exciting announcement by Brandi in the May thread. Good luck, hope this is it for you and Anberlin.

Hope all goes well for Brandi and well done Lilly!!

Meh no more twinges here...how dull.

How are things for you Rmar? What does the winner of the may 13th Expiry date baby race get? LOL

lol Chuck, I hadn't noticed you and Rmar were EDD on the same day!
XxX

I only noticed the other day!

I've had a few niggles the past few days nothing major, with Dewi I got no niggles until I started having contractions xmas eve.

According to my dates I'm 'due' this friday, by scans its next friday so fingers crossed its sooner rather than later.

I'm getting some painful cramp like tightenings only a sharper pain not a dull pain like I had with cramps. It hasn't gone anywhere all day and I'm pretty sure I could sleep through it so I'm just waiting to see if it means anything.

We avoided induction, but still had a hospital birth, unfortunately. Anberlin was born 7 days late on Wednesday May 4, 2011 at 7:15am. She weighed 8lbs 1oz and was 21in long. Birth story and pictures to come later.

Don't be ashamed if going to hospital brandi! You did it you avoided induction and have a Star Wars day baby! Congrats!!!!

Rmar - my tightenings have been fairly sharp at times like baby is also poking me with something pointy during a tightening! Wincey type pain.

sounds very exciting for the due in mays.. hope those niggles turn into something for those of you who want it to..

congrats on your new arrival Brandi. thats a good healthy weight and i hope she is bringing you plenty of joy. xx

I haven't actually been on in ages but as I will be leaving work tomorrow, I thought i should get back in to the swing of the forums. I haven't had the best news re: homebirths myself recently as they told me at my last scan that my placenta is low anterior. I won't be re scanned until 36 weeks by which time they usually expect you to be booked in for hb here! still, I have a private scan in a few weeks and i am hoping to have some good news from that and although i will still need the hospital one, I will at least be able to relax once i know whats what.

sending labout vibes to all the may mummies..

Congrats Brandi, look forward to your story.

Had cramps all night - woke up several times (as usual) to find them still going on but knew they weren't anything to be particularly excited about. None at all today but a pleasantly footballer-ish baby. Quite pleased I slept through them actually! Still can't get into my hypno though despite doing it every day now. Did book my Tens machine through the community midwives today, and still got this feeling like I have something pressing to do before baby arrives - does everyone feel this way?!

I did, thankfully, get the drug-free labour I was hoping for, but 8lbs is a lot to push out when your other two were only 6lbers, lol. She's 4 1/2 hour old now and we're back home.

LOL I'm sure you noticed the difference! Glad to hear you got the drug free labour you wanted.

Enjoy your baby moon - but not so much you forget to show us pics of the family!

Shhhhh. ...... Yes I am nosey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->