Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

i think its so stupid for women to go off on one because someones posted a placenta picture! its not like the person posted a picture of "down there" with the placenta coming out.

welcome tbaby :)

and yes we are all crazy for wanting natural births

This time two weeks ago, I was in labour - I want to do it again!! :hissy:

Loon!

LOL good to hear you ladies are doing well.

I was looking through old photos of Dewi and the first photo we have of him is this one and I cant help but look at it with contempt, I'm trying to smile to really don't have it in me, what we have there is the hospitals efforts to give me skin to skin after I asked for it in recovery - i could barely move so couldn't do anything about it. Ergh. How much do I NOT want all of the s**t again.
https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/16931_234520882550_689167550_3664638_8276202_n.jpg

It makes me so sad that our first moments still fill me with negative emotions.

I have a picture like this. It's my first picture with Phoebe and I don't like to look at it or to put it in albums because I remember the way I was feeling then which wasn't so peachy.
I can't wait for you to get so much closure and happiness from this upcoming birth Chuck. It's going to be amazing! I just know it is. :hugs:

I too felt bad seeing pics of me and Byron in hospital. :( I refused to take any after transfer with Indigo, we have some from moments after she was born and when we got home again. I'm even thinking of chucking her hospital tags and I keep everything so that's a big thing!

I have felt a lot of closure of Byron's birth now. I hope you get the same relief chuck and Jenni too if things work out in the future for you to have more kids.

Chuck I know exactly how you feel.

Here's my post section first photo of me with LO. I'd asked for skin to skin and got given a baby in a vest who I could hardly pick up. I'm all wired up but it looks like I've rebelled and taken the finger probe off. Defainte motivation for natural child birth this time.

SAM_0309.jpg

Hello tbaby :)

As someone who wasn't there I think you're photos are lovely Chuck and Celesse :D

I can't believe that's the hospital's idea of skin-to-skin for both of you :(

My birthing pool arrived yesterday and my new birthing ball (when I got the old one out last week, it had punctures :haha::blush: ), so starting to feel like it's all really going to happen :happydance:

I do love your pictures ladies - must be those lovely new born babies and amazing mums! but like smokey said, it doesn't have the same connotations for us. Thank you for sharing them. It's agreat idea to use them for motivation Celesse!!
But have to also say - what a rubbish idea of skin to skin chuck. (and I think the face you have on at the park is the one that I have most of the time at the moment!!! ;-) Still a nice picture - I feel your pain though.

Big welcome Tbaby! Congratulations on your pregnancy. Hope your sickness passes.

Oh and if I get my way moomin i'll be sharing my birth video - which might include some down there stuff, if I'm lucky with the camera-man (OH is rubbish with the camera!!! ;-) hahahaha! Guess I shouldn't post that in the 3rd tri?! I'll just keep it for myself or to share with you guys.
XxX

LOL bring on the video!!

I'm trying to be positive about things it;s hard though. I just want so much to avoid what happened last time. But I know better this time, if I transfer I know what I wont allow!

In the hospitals defence I think I had my theatre gown pulled up a bit.

You are amazingly strong Chcuk!! honestly hats off to you! Every women shoud feel as empowered as you do - but so few do. You are unique and you are going to have a great birth, I just know it. Do what comes natural - because you are doing great with it so far!
XxX

Oh you know I spoke a while back about an male MW who out of his own kind sense of duty might be available for our home birth - well it turns out he's going to be in Germany for 2 weeks right around my EDD. (rather important man don't you know!;-); never mind - back to my crap unsupportive Trust and hopefully exposing them by taking the knickers off them in court!
I'm feeling a little better today about things (though the early hours of the morning might tell - see if I wake up at 4 and all I can think about is how shit all this is making me feel!?) I have just managed to fill in a f-load of forms.. and that strangely helps!

Sorry ladies for the swearing, but I feel my Tourettes might get worse in the coming weeks! ;-) C-ing b*stared incompetent chief exec Cs! woo! that felt good! ;-) Really hope this is all worth it, and we either get our assisted HB or at least make a difference to all women in the UK planning a HB. My OH is really concerned that the start of legal action might mean us being so far away from home physically, that we wouldn't be able to get our HB no matter what - I wonder if I would (if I went into labour in court) intend to birth in court (kick everyone out, take the birth pool wherever I go?!) could be an interesting idea?!¬
God Sorry - I really sure I shouldn't even be saying much of that, but bugger it - I'm really f-ing stressed about it now! I have 7 weeks to get a resolution before I hit term window a nd I can’t keep being alone.
Hang in there baby - that has got to be the first time anyone had been saying to their bump "wait please, as long as you like! lets get our rights first" - how ridiculous is that?!
XxX

Thank you everyone. The only thing that seems to help is the ginger spritzer. I need to make some myself. Juice some ginger root with sparkling water.

Sometimes we just cant bloody win can we Bourne?

In the spirit of sharing I've been popping starflower oil caps errr 'foofally' for a couple weeks now (not religiously but my memory can be shocking) and last night I could feel my cervix for the first time in AGGEEESSSS.

I'm taking this as a good sign as it must be less posterior and it felt nice and soft too, more like a lip than end of my nose.

Mind you I havent had those annoying cramps for a couple days now - but I've been less active so no surprise.

Your face on that photo chuck says it all!! But all the rest of us can see is the adorable, little, pink, slightly angry looking thing in your arms (maybe he wants to have a go at the doctors too)!! I'd say if you were having a daughter to keep it for when the time comes for her to have children but boys of any age just aren't that way inclined are they :)

Pains again yesterday afternoon and some during the night. Went to the vote count for the council election last night with a friend who was standing as a Tory councillor here (obviously no chance of winning). He kept joking with the other Tory boys "I hope she doesn't go into labour here, or into Labour" harharhar :roll:

Ahhhh I want a baby soon! I have tried the evening primrose via 'foof' but just not doing anything consistently. Just want him out, like, now :)

Dewi did look very grumpy after his unceremonious arrival bless.

I just scratched my bump putting on a dress that has sequins on it...ooooowwwwwww the scratch is about 20 cm long and hurts like a cat scratch.

HUFF...silly stretched sensitive skin.

I hope Bourne will give us a heads up when it hits the news!

Welcome tbaby! Sending labour vibes rachie and chuck. Ouch to the scratch. Byron was always poking the corners of books in my bump. Youch!

Where do people get off telling you that your bump is huge? Grrrrr - when you already feel like a heffalump, you really don't need other people confirming it :wacko::wacko::wacko: :winkwink:

Where do people get off telling you that your bump is huge? Grrrrr - when you already feel like a heffalump, you really don't need other people confirming it :wacko::wacko::wacko: :winkwink:

People just don't have filters when you're pregnant. Though to me being pregnant was the only time in my life I laughed when someone called me chubby, or a whale. lol.

I cant keep up, lol. Nausea has got me in shambles. Do I eat? Yes nausea will go away. Oh crap its worse now that I ate.

I cant keep up, lol. Nausea has got me in shambles. Do I eat? Yes nausea will go away. Oh crap its worse now that I ate.

Sometimes you just can't win! I found sucking boiled sweets really helped me this time round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->