Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

If you guys haven't seen a lady has posted pics of her placenta over ion third tri.

Cue lots of posts saying its gross...LOL but good to see some pics, I'm looking forward to seeing mine I didnt think to ask while I was in theatre last time.

Unfortunately the batteries on my camera died. I sent my husband out to get new ones. Hopefully I will have them up soon.

If you guys haven't seen a lady has posted pics of her placenta over ion third tri.

Cue lots of posts saying its gross...LOL but good to see some pics, I'm looking forward to seeing mine I didnt think to ask while I was in theatre last time.

gweeee grossa-hola!
hahahaha - only kidding! I would have had to have a better look at mine (that's going on the birth plan) I really oved MM's placenta art.. might do something like that then burry it under a tree. Or aleast somewhere where the foxes can't get at it! Can you imagIne waking up to that??!!!!? ;-)
---

I had an appointment with my MW this morning, and since my home birth endevour continues (and unfortuanatly it would be unwise to talk about the ins and out of it yet, as the case is being prepared to the high court - sorry my dearest home birthing friends, but you might have to wait for it to break in the news)

but my MW didn't mention anything about homebirth stuff, and I can only describe my appointment as nothing but perfunctory. She asked how I was of course and I just said physically fine. I'm not to sure I am emotionally! - It is really upsetting me the lenghts and stress my Trust is putting me under. It was prob for the best; I think I would have just burst into tears if she had mentioned anything about homebirth.

So It went like this - GTT result was fine, bloods fine, HB levels fine, urine NAD, blood pressure 100/60, get on the couch; FHR fine 145BPM, movement good, fundal height=dates.
Fill in my notes and out the door in less than 15 mins.

Still I'm very pleased that all is ok with me and baby, and there is nothing to coerce me into hospital. In all honestly I don't know why I bothered going?! It certainly wasn't for support.
xxx

I need to defrost mine. I think it's mostly complete but not quite. It's going under an apple tree that is very thirsty and desperate to get in the ground!

I'm back on my feet and bum now. :happydance: Love life!

Exciting niggles for May babies, wonder who will be first.

Take care Bourne. :hugs:

i saw zanes placenta, mw just stuck it in my face lol

i never thought about using the placenta like that peanut, i might keep coreys and stick it under my ohs tree when its planted

LOL after my whinge about being stuck in the park at the weekend I can now see that yes I must have been uncomfortable...I have evidence!

Lookit the state of me!

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/221862_10150172327379309_626179308_6615040_3384424_n.jpg

Oh gosh when I posted my pictures of my placenta on facebook I got a backlash I wasn't expecting. I mean I expected a few people to say "weird" or "gross" But I had a nurse friend come on to say over and over again how disgusted she was. And my own aunt (after explaining why I had done it) said she though it was gross and useless as she had three babies and was just fine without eating her placenta (I didn't eat it! for the umpteenth time! I merely swallowed it!) Anywho. I have to go see what this thread is all about. hahaha.

Oh and for your viewing pleasure...
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/JennBeavers/th_189708_10150116676383966_513638965_6316906_3526636_n.jpg

Gawd jenni you are SO disgusting LOL.

I don't get it why are people so grossed out by part of their baby - to boot I expect 99% of them eat meat and are able to look at a butchers counter without borking at it and telling the butcher how disgusting it all is!

I havent the stomach for smoothies or making pate, I'd love to encapsulate my placenta but I neither have the money to get someone to do it for me nor the impetus to do it myself - I think hubby would struggle with me doing that in the house LOL he's sop squeamish - he think the idea of encapsulation etc is a load of BS anyway.

Yes Jenni I was surprised by some of the comments you got from friends!

As a veggie I have to say I have no beef (boom boom) with placentas though I wouldn't fancy smelling it steaming. I wonder if these ladies struggle with their monthlys given their reaction to their baby's placentas. It's very odd.

I hold my breath and look away when I walk past butchers.:sick:

I encapsulated my placenta, after having a chunk of it in a smoothie and hour or two after the birth (and no, it didn't taste 'meaty' though I did panic when I swallowed some lumps... they turned out to be bits of unmashed apple though :haha:) You're right PB - the smell of it steaming wasn't delicious, but I've been taking the pills since the birth and am feeling AMAZING! No word of a lie, I would thoroughly recommend it. I'm quite a squeemish person, but had no qualms about handling it :lol:

This time two weeks ago, I was in labour - I want to do it again!! :hissy:

Loon!

LOL good to hear you ladies are doing well.

I was looking through old photos of Dewi and the first photo we have of him is this one and I cant help but look at it with contempt, I'm trying to smile to really don't have it in me, what we have there is the hospitals efforts to give me skin to skin after I asked for it in recovery - i could barely move so couldn't do anything about it. Ergh. How much do I NOT want all of the s**t again.
https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/16931_234520882550_689167550_3664638_8276202_n.jpg

It makes me so sad that our first moments still fill me with negative emotions.

Can I join this group?! I had my first midwife appointment after some tiny amount of spotting... Had a scan ( we werent gonna have one) and everything is perfect. I do not want another hospital birth. They induced me and it was horrid, my son was turned the wrong way. My midwife was amazing. 4 hours of pushing and she was turning him. And the doctor checking in making sure we were okay kept me from a c section. But induction was not a good idea.

Welcome tbaby!

Never too early or too late to think about a homebirth!

I have been thinking about it the whole time ttc.We knew we wanted it from the start. Im excited to have my surprise at the end of this long journey!

There's loads of info in amongst these threads and a bunch of links of page 1 of this thread if you need/want them.

Where in the world are you missus?

I am in the US.

I will have to look at them when I am not so tired lol

Ah good stuff!

I'm not so great with US info but there are some ladies here who can help you loads. Otherwise we're all nutters planning or who planned HB's!

Im glad I made the choice and its way cheaper than hospital births.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->